Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Liis
Administrator
June 24, 2015

@Lusoz,

A portmanteau of "shield back": Spaarigir, (Spaan + Rigir). I personally love the way it looks.

by Liis
June 24, 2015

@Lusoz,

A portmanteau of "shield back": Spaarigir, (Spaan + Rigir). I personally love the way it looks.

Liis
Administrator
June 24, 2015

Lotlovaastrin

Add definition "Violoncello". It's the full name of the 'Cello.

by Liis
June 24, 2015

Lotlovaastrin

Add definition "Violoncello". It's the full name of the 'Cello.

Maakrindah
June 24, 2015

@Liis - 'Spaarigir' I love that, awesome job!

by Maakrindah
June 24, 2015

@Liis - 'Spaarigir' I love that, awesome job!

Maakrindah
June 24, 2015

Malzseyosel

@ Paarthurnax

I think that it makes more sense for "Yoselfuniik" ('Degree/Temperature-Teller') to be the word for "Thermometer", and this would be consistent with "Tiidfuniik" ('Clock') and "Sufus-Funiik" ('Barometer').

What do you think?

by Maakrindah
June 24, 2015

Malzseyosel

@ Paarthurnax

I think that it makes more sense for "Yoselfuniik" ('Degree/Temperature-Teller') to be the word for "Thermometer", and this would be consistent with "Tiidfuniik" ('Clock') and "Sufus-Funiik" ('Barometer').

What do you think?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 24, 2015

@Gronhah, included "obsession."

@Votivutaal, deleted.

@Fusaaviik, fixed spelling.

@Noraasik, I think these are distinct enough. "To accuse" is to lay a charge without definite proof or authority. "To convict" is to lay a charge with definitive proof or with authority. A subtle difference that perhaps dragons might not care to distinguish - you are either guilty of something or aren't.

@Olqeinaas, I actually think -us might be the more appropriate suffix here, as in most contexts the word "skeletal" is used to mean "like a skeleton" ("a skeletal hand" or "skeletal remains") rather than "pertaining to skeletons".

@Oblisiik, corrected to a noun.

by paarthurnax
June 24, 2015

@Gronhah, included "obsession."

@Votivutaal, deleted.

@Fusaaviik, fixed spelling.

@Noraasik, I think these are distinct enough. "To accuse" is to lay a charge without definite proof or authority. "To convict" is to lay a charge with definitive proof or with authority. A subtle difference that perhaps dragons might not care to distinguish - you are either guilty of something or aren't.

@Olqeinaas, I actually think -us might be the more appropriate suffix here, as in most contexts the word "skeletal" is used to mean "like a skeleton" ("a skeletal hand" or "skeletal remains") rather than "pertaining to skeletons".

@Oblisiik, corrected to a noun.

Liis
Administrator
June 26, 2015

Es

Why was this deleted? D:

by Liis
June 26, 2015

Es

Why was this deleted? D:

Liis
Administrator
June 27, 2015

Rigir

A reminder for the eventual schism to form a preposition.

by Liis
June 27, 2015

Rigir

A reminder for the eventual schism to form a preposition.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 28, 2015

Munralok

This is listed as non-canon with no given notes. It obviously derives from "Mun" in some way. This word should either be deleted or changed to reflect a true semi-canon origin.

by paarthurnax
June 28, 2015

Munralok

This is listed as non-canon with no given notes. It obviously derives from "Mun" in some way. This word should either be deleted or changed to reflect a true semi-canon origin.

Liis
Administrator
June 28, 2015

Moorus

Add definition "Comical".

by Liis
June 28, 2015

Moorus

Add definition "Comical".

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 28, 2015

@Moorus, added "comical."

Deykel "book" has now been revised to dey.

Fein "than" has now been revised to wey.

Rigir has now been split into zek, the preposition, with rigir as the anatomical "back."

@Es, this and similar interjections were deleted in favor of words that are either more canon or more direct in meaning. For example, nahlot "silence!" would instead be used instead of es.  Likewise, liis would be used instead of any "translation" for "ha/haha."

by paarthurnax
June 28, 2015

@Moorus, added "comical."

Deykel "book" has now been revised to dey.

Fein "than" has now been revised to wey.

Rigir has now been split into zek, the preposition, with rigir as the anatomical "back."

@Es, this and similar interjections were deleted in favor of words that are either more canon or more direct in meaning. For example, nahlot "silence!" would instead be used instead of es.  Likewise, liis would be used instead of any "translation" for "ha/haha."

Liis
Administrator
June 29, 2015

Aalkos

Semi-canon, but rootless?

by Liis
June 29, 2015

Aalkos

Kosenu
June 29, 2015
Liis

Aalkos

It's aal and kos, may and be. I find it a painfully literal translation, but there's your source. I guess kos would be the root word.

by Kosenu
June 29, 2015
Liis

Aalkos

It's aal and kos, may and be. I find it a painfully literal translation, but there's your source. I guess kos would be the root word.

Liis
Administrator
June 29, 2015

@Kosenu,

I know the source, I was implying that it needs to have a recorded root semi-sarcastically

by Liis
June 29, 2015

@Kosenu,

I know the source, I was implying that it needs to have a recorded root semi-sarcastically

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 29, 2015

@Aalkos, added a root word.

by paarthurnax
June 29, 2015

@Aalkos, added a root word.

Liis
Administrator
June 29, 2015

Einzuk

Is this a compound of Gein and Zuk?

by Liis
June 29, 2015

Einzuk

Is this a compound of Gein and Zuk?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.