Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Best race for each class?

YolGoraagKaazah
August 14, 2015

We'll start with my favorite class, warrior, what is the best warrior race, I think it Orc. What are your thoughts on this?

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 14, 2015

We'll start with my favorite class, warrior, what is the best warrior race, I think it Orc. What are your thoughts on this?

dovahnite
August 15, 2015

Best type for each race? (totally not stealing from this strategy guide in front of me)

Warrior (offensive): Nord

Mage (offensive/mage): High Elf

Archer (thief/archer): Wood Elf

Berserker (defensive/warrior): Orc

Spellsword (mage/thief): Dark Elf, Redguard

Necromancer (defensive/mage): Breton

Assassin (offensive/thief): Khajiit

Battlemage (mage/warrior): Imperial

Weaponmaster (warrior/mage): Redguard

Rogue (defensive/thief): Argonian

Totally going to play through as every one of these classes by the time I die.

by dovahnite
August 15, 2015

Best type for each race? (totally not stealing from this strategy guide in front of me)

Warrior (offensive): Nord

Mage (offensive/mage): High Elf

Archer (thief/archer): Wood Elf

Berserker (defensive/warrior): Orc

Spellsword (mage/thief): Dark Elf, Redguard

Necromancer (defensive/mage): Breton

Assassin (offensive/thief): Khajiit

Battlemage (mage/warrior): Imperial

Weaponmaster (warrior/mage): Redguard

Rogue (defensive/thief): Argonian

Totally going to play through as every one of these classes by the time I die.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 15, 2015

I personnaly like the warrior because I like the style of just charging in and charging in with no sneak and no magic, just a hammer and using brute force to get your way. What is your favorite class?

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 15, 2015

I personnaly like the warrior because I like the style of just charging in and charging in with no sneak and no magic, just a hammer and using brute force to get your way. What is your favorite class?

dovahnite
August 15, 2015

I usually end up as a warrior regardless of how I start out building my character, since I'm way too impatient to be a sneak for more than five minutes and once a mage's magica runs out you're toast, and have to use physical weapons anyway.

Mage is fun while it lasts, though. Nothing like going into a giant crowd and flooring the whole room with a good Chain Lightning. Actually dropped my frame rate to single digits by hitting so many targets at once the game got confused once (promptly followed by a crash).

by dovahnite
August 15, 2015

I usually end up as a warrior regardless of how I start out building my character, since I'm way too impatient to be a sneak for more than five minutes and once a mage's magica runs out you're toast, and have to use physical weapons anyway.

Mage is fun while it lasts, though. Nothing like going into a giant crowd and flooring the whole room with a good Chain Lightning. Actually dropped my frame rate to single digits by hitting so many targets at once the game got confused once (promptly followed by a crash).

YolGoraagKaazah
August 17, 2015

Mages are like Argonians (i know weird analogy) they seem cool at first but after a while they get not so cool.

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 17, 2015

Mages are like Argonians (i know weird analogy) they seem cool at first but after a while they get not so cool.

Ahkrinfeynvokun
August 19, 2015

That's because mages don't level well in Skyrim, at all. It's a nightmare...

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
August 19, 2015

That's because mages don't level well in Skyrim, at all. It's a nightmare...

dovahnite
August 20, 2015

Also they're completely dependant on Magica. When they run out they have to to either spam potions, run and hide or switch to a physical weapon anyway. You can dump all your levels into the little blue stat, sure, but then you run through the game with minimal HP which is, if anything, worse. For the warriors stamina can give you a nice little boost in power, but it's completely possible to 100% the game without it if you want to.

by dovahnite
August 20, 2015

Also they're completely dependant on Magica. When they run out they have to to either spam potions, run and hide or switch to a physical weapon anyway. You can dump all your levels into the little blue stat, sure, but then you run through the game with minimal HP which is, if anything, worse. For the warriors stamina can give you a nice little boost in power, but it's completely possible to 100% the game without it if you want to.

Ahkrinfeynvokun
August 20, 2015

Yep. The lack of spells is a pain too. I ended up having to add some through mods which made it a little better. If you're going to go mage, then make sure you have a companion with you.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
August 20, 2015

Yep. The lack of spells is a pain too. I ended up having to add some through mods which made it a little better. If you're going to go mage, then make sure you have a companion with you.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 20, 2015

Well it's cool at first about 5 years ago I wanted to get Oblivion, then I found about magic I was so excited, but now it's just boring

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 20, 2015

Well it's cool at first about 5 years ago I wanted to get Oblivion, then I found about magic I was so excited, but now it's just boring

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.