A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What Happened to the Dwemer

1  2 > >>  

YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Please make your answer reasonable. Not like "The Dwemer are illumantii'

Give me your opinion, maybe they intentionally went somewhere.

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Please make your answer reasonable. Not like "The Dwemer are illumantii'

Tamashii
August 28, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Seems like my friend told me that they died out or something.

by Tamashii
August 28, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Seems like my friend told me that they died out or something.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Really? I've heard they just disappearded, there is actually a character that mentions seeing Dwemer in a plane of Oblivion, he could be lying.

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Really? I've heard they just disappearded, there is actually a character that mentions seeing Dwemer in a plane of Oblivion, he could be lying.

Megalica
August 28, 2015

The Dwemer are the illuminati

by Megalica
August 28, 2015

The Dwemer are the illuminati

YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Lol

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

Lol

YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

My guess is that they are in a hidden plane of Oblivion, they could also be hiding somewhere (there is actually a Dwemer in TES: M) maybe someone or something cast a spell on them to be invisiable (I know dumb theory, I'm just writing what ever comes to my mind)

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 28, 2015

My guess is that they are in a hidden plane of Oblivion, they could also be hiding somewhere (there is actually a Dwemer in TES: M) maybe someone or something cast a spell on them to be invisiable (I know dumb theory, I'm just writing what ever comes to my mind)

Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

We know the Dwemer were very scientific, and could at least do some magic, evidenced by the animaculi (with soul gems). We also know that the Dwemer, for a limited time could produce/mine and use/work with Aetherium, a crystal with potent/strong magic/magical properties. There is a key to the Irkngthand Consortium, a location that does not exist in game. An in-game book (don't remember which one(s), sorry) says the Dwemer all disappeared at the same time, and mentions a possible all Dwemer-wide mind link. And, if a may use a non-cannon but lore-friendly/cannon compliant source, the Falskaar mod, the Dwemer have made a teleporting device. And the Dwemer messed with the Daedra, given the book Azura and the Box, so who is to say they wouldn't want to go to Aetherius, with the Aedra, and test the Aedra?

So, put together, this is my theory. The Dwemer were using Aetherium to try (and maybe did) create a teleporter/portal to Aetherius, and it was built in Irkngthand Consortium as a compromise between the four cities who knew of Aetherium, or because Irkngthand was not praticularly important to the Dwemer, or a mix of both. The teleporter either blows up and eliminates all traces of the Consortium except the key, or the teleporter was overpowered and teleported the Dwemer and the Consortium somewhere (at moment, cannot find any evidence in cannon saying where exactly it may have taken them). And if the Dwemer had a mind link, all the Dwemer would've known about it, and travelled there, not missing an opportunity to research Aetherius and its inhabitants. The ending is kind of ambigous, the dwemer either all died in a massive explosion, or are stuck somewhere waitng for a person, peoples, or technology who can/will bring them back to Nirn. Just a thought though, probably not acurate, given a non-cannon source, even if lore friendly/cannon compliant. What do you guys think?

by Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

We know the Dwemer were very scientific, and could at least do some magic, evidenced by the animaculi (with soul gems). We also know that the Dwemer, for a limited time could produce/mine and use/work with Aetherium, a crystal with potent/strong magic/magical properties. There is a key to the Irkngthand Consortium, a location that does not exist in game. An in-game book (don't remember which one(s), sorry) says the Dwemer all disappeared at the same time, and mentions a possible all Dwemer-wide mind link. And, if a may use a non-cannon but lore-friendly/cannon compliant source, the Falskaar mod, the Dwemer have made a teleporting device. And the Dwemer messed with the Daedra, given the book Azura and the Box, so who is to say they wouldn't want to go to Aetherius, with the Aedra, and test the Aedra?

So, put together, this is my theory. The Dwemer were using Aetherium to try (and maybe did) create a teleporter/portal to Aetherius, and it was built in Irkngthand Consortium as a compromise between the four cities who knew of Aetherium, or because Irkngthand was not praticularly important to the Dwemer, or a mix of both. The teleporter either blows up and eliminates all traces of the Consortium except the key, or the teleporter was overpowered and teleported the Dwemer and the Consortium somewhere (at moment, cannot find any evidence in cannon saying where exactly it may have taken them). And if the Dwemer had a mind link, all the Dwemer would've known about it, and travelled there, not missing an opportunity to research Aetherius and its inhabitants. The ending is kind of ambigous, the dwemer either all died in a massive explosion, or are stuck somewhere waitng for a person, peoples, or technology who can/will bring them back to Nirn. Just a thought though, probably not acurate, given a non-cannon source, even if lore friendly/cannon compliant. What do you guys think?

YolGoraagKaazah
August 29, 2015

Wow, you must be really smart!

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 29, 2015

Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Thank you

by Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Thank you

Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
Mirahdobrom

Thank you

But it does feel kinda undeserved. I just paid attention to random small details and kinda connect the dots linked them illuminati confirmed style rather than an actual theory with all the evidence and where to find it in-game (or on the wiki).

by Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
Mirahdobrom

Thank you

But it does feel kinda undeserved. I just paid attention to random small details and kinda connect the dots linked them illuminati confirmed style rather than an actual theory with all the evidence and where to find it in-game (or on the wiki).

Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Sorry, compliments make Mirah awkward. Thank you, though.

by Mirahdobrom
August 29, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Snappyn8
August 29, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh I think I heard they were all removed from Nirn, either because their leader struck the Heart of Lorhkan, or because someone banished them via Elder Scroll due to
the damage the Brass Mountain was doing to Tamriel.

Definitly had something to do with the Heart of Lorhkan either way.
by Snappyn8
August 29, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh I think I heard they were all removed from Nirn, either because their leader struck the Heart of Lorhkan, or because someone banished them via Elder Scroll due to

the damage the Brass Mountain was doing to Tamriel.

Definitly had something to do with the Heart of Lorhkan either way.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 29, 2015
Mirahdobrom

(I know just the feeling, I prefer not to get complimented, it makes uncomfterable)

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 29, 2015
Mirahdobrom

(I know just the feeling, I prefer not to get complimented, it makes uncomfterable)

Jeronimo1303
October 20, 2015

they dissapired when the cabronac tools touch the heart of lorkan

by Jeronimo1303
October 20, 2015

they dissapired when the cabronac tools touch the heart of lorkan

YolGoraagKaazah
October 20, 2015

*Disappeared 

by YolGoraagKaazah
October 20, 2015

*Disappeared 

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.