Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Best Elder Scrolls Theme

Emperor of Man
August 31, 2015

What is your favorite Elder Scrolls theme? Mine is the Morrowind theme. Then again, Morrowind is my favorite Elder Scrolls game. Compared to Morrowind, Skyrim is sub-par.

Anyway back to the theme, I like Morrowind's because it is just so peaceful and beautiful. Jeremy Soule's best work is in Morrowind's entire soundtrack.

by Emperor of Man
August 31, 2015

What is your favorite Elder Scrolls theme? Mine is the Morrowind theme. Then again, Morrowind is my favorite Elder Scrolls game. Compared to Morrowind, Skyrim is sub-par.

Anyway back to the theme, I like Morrowind's because it is just so peaceful and beautiful. Jeremy Soule's best work is in Morrowind's entire soundtrack.

Orkar Isber
September 1, 2015

Best OST in general - Skyrim.

Best Theme - Morrowind with Nerevar Rising. 

Most atmospheric OST - Skyrim.

I could also see a high quality remake of Daggerfall or Arena making really great music. Oblivion was just...meh. Nothing special really

by Orkar Isber
September 1, 2015

Best OST in general - Skyrim.

Best Theme - Morrowind with Nerevar Rising. 

Most atmospheric OST - Skyrim.

I could also see a high quality remake of Daggerfall or Arena making really great music. Oblivion was just...meh. Nothing special really

YolGoraagKaazah
September 2, 2015

ESO is not a good TES game, but the sound track is freakin' AMAZING! Skyrim, is the only one with lyrics, which I guess makes it pretty unique.

by YolGoraagKaazah
September 2, 2015

ESO is not a good TES game, but the sound track is freakin' AMAZING! Skyrim, is the only one with lyrics, which I guess makes it pretty unique.

Emperor of Man
September 3, 2015

The problem with people comparing ESO to others is that you can't compare an MMO to a Single-player RPG. Of course it isn't a good TES game, because you can't fit all of those elements into an MMO. Besides I think it is a whole of fun, as long as you realize it was never meant to be a true Elder Scrolls game.

by Emperor of Man
September 3, 2015

The problem with people comparing ESO to others is that you can't compare an MMO to a Single-player RPG. Of course it isn't a good TES game, because you can't fit all of those elements into an MMO. Besides I think it is a whole of fun, as long as you realize it was never meant to be a true Elder Scrolls game.

Vulondovah21
September 20, 2015

Wow, I have been missing out on hearing previous TES soundtracks all this time. **facepalm** I did not realize that Skyrim's main theme is simillar to previous main theme for the other games.

Morrowind has some nice calm instrumentation playing out the main theme of the entire piece while Skyrim seems to boom with deep vocals.

Oblivion stands out with its rich brassy sound. In a lot of ways, Oblivion's main theme almost plays out like the calm before the storm while Skyrim sounds like it is caught in the middle of the storm.

by Vulondovah21
September 20, 2015

Wow, I have been missing out on hearing previous TES soundtracks all this time. **facepalm** I did not realize that Skyrim's main theme is simillar to previous main theme for the other games.

Morrowind has some nice calm instrumentation playing out the main theme of the entire piece while Skyrim seems to boom with deep vocals.

Oblivion stands out with its rich brassy sound. In a lot of ways, Oblivion's main theme almost plays out like the calm before the storm while Skyrim sounds like it is caught in the middle of the storm.

YolGoraagKaazah
September 20, 2015

Well Skyrim is the only one that has lyrics to it, which makes it pretty unique, but the Oblivion theme is my favorite.

by YolGoraagKaazah
September 20, 2015

Well Skyrim is the only one that has lyrics to it, which makes it pretty unique, but the Oblivion theme is my favorite.

SharThulovaas
September 20, 2015

Vulondovah21

I did not realize that Skyrim's main theme is simillar to previous main theme for the other games.

Morrowind was the first game Jeremy Soule composed for, and it seems he stuck the theme/melody from the game's title in every one of the games' themes that followed.

It's really difficult to say, though...  I loved the Daggerfall theme, and the Arena theme was good as well, but I think I do prefer Soule's compositions (though, Daggerfall is my favorite of the two for sure).  Of the newer games, I think "Reign of the Septims" from Oblivion is probably my favorite.  While I love Skyrim's traditional nordic opening, Oblivion's orchestral theme seems to appeal to me more. Totally not just because I'm just a band-geek and the horn melody is purely orgasmic to my ears.

In all seriousness, I love them all, but I'm leaning more towards Oblivion's main theme.

EDIT: Never mind.  I just realized that Skyrim's theme has the horn line too.  And the epic Dovahzul choir... Why is this so difficult!? ;-;

by SharThulovaas
September 20, 2015

Vulondovah21

I did not realize that Skyrim's main theme is simillar to previous main theme for the other games.

Morrowind was the first game Jeremy Soule composed for, and it seems he stuck the theme/melody from the game's title in every one of the games' themes that followed.

It's really difficult to say, though...  I loved the Daggerfall theme, and the Arena theme was good as well, but I think I do prefer Soule's compositions (though, Daggerfall is my favorite of the two for sure).  Of the newer games, I think "Reign of the Septims" from Oblivion is probably my favorite.  While I love Skyrim's traditional nordic opening, Oblivion's orchestral theme seems to appeal to me more. Totally not just because I'm just a band-geek and the horn melody is purely orgasmic to my ears.

In all seriousness, I love them all, but I'm leaning more towards Oblivion's main theme.

EDIT: Never mind.  I just realized that Skyrim's theme has the horn line too.  And the epic Dovahzul choir... Why is this so difficult!? ;-;

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.