Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A Country name in Dovahzul?

Denisowator
September 8, 2015

So I've started planning a mod that is sort of like Falskaar, but smaller.

I went into the Skyrim CK and created a new world space, and it needs me to name the world space. And if you know me (noone knows me. xD), you know I NEED to name something when given the option. I never call things "*whatever* test", or "new *whatever*". I ALWAYS name it at the very start. And so I can't make anything until I have a good name. ;)

Also if you know me, you know I talk A LOT. So sorry if I'm being off topic for like half of this thread.

Anyway, I wanted to name it something like "Land of freedome", or "Land of the free", or something along those lines. But I want it to sound like a name and not a phrase. And what better way to do that, than to translate it into a language that most people don't know and don't talk in their everyday lives. ;)

But I also want it to be one word. And obviously "Land of the free" is not one word. So I was thinking of doing something like the english did with all the greek, french, spanish, and latin words. Take them, change them up a bit, combine multiple words and smach them into one, and make it my own. ;)

Also winy faces for days. ;)

Anyway, my brain is pretty fried from my continues, but lazy work on two novels and one game (which will most likely never come out since I don't know programming and I'm experiencing a lot of problems, while at the same time receaving little help from the Unity community). And so I need help thinking stuff up.

Please try to use words that make you feel proud to be alive (aka, not dog-shit-DAH!). ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

by Denisowator
September 8, 2015

So I've started planning a mod that is sort of like Falskaar, but smaller.

I went into the Skyrim CK and created a new world space, and it needs me to name the world space. And if you know me (noone knows me. xD), you know I NEED to name something when given the option. I never call things "*whatever* test", or "new *whatever*". I ALWAYS name it at the very start. And so I can't make anything until I have a good name. ;)

Also if you know me, you know I talk A LOT. So sorry if I'm being off topic for like half of this thread.

Anyway, I wanted to name it something like "Land of freedome", or "Land of the free", or something along those lines. But I want it to sound like a name and not a phrase. And what better way to do that, than to translate it into a language that most people don't know and don't talk in their everyday lives. ;)

But I also want it to be one word. And obviously "Land of the free" is not one word. So I was thinking of doing something like the english did with all the greek, french, spanish, and latin words. Take them, change them up a bit, combine multiple words and smach them into one, and make it my own. ;)

Also winy faces for days. ;)

Anyway, my brain is pretty fried from my continues, but lazy work on two novels and one game (which will most likely never come out since I don't know programming and I'm experiencing a lot of problems, while at the same time receaving little help from the Unity community). And so I need help thinking stuff up.

Please try to use words that make you feel proud to be alive (aka, not dog-shit-DAH!). ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 8, 2015

Lucky for you, "land of the free" can be one word in Dovahzul: Norsestin.

If you want to stick to canon, you could do Stinjunaar or "The Free Kingdom."

by paarthurnax
September 8, 2015

Denisowator
September 8, 2015
paarthurnax

Thank you so much Paarthurnax. You're the best! :D

And may the shouts be forever in your favour... wait, that's not right.

May the Thu'um be with you?.... nope, still not right.

I AM the last one!... damn it!

Anyway, thank you. :)

by Denisowator
September 8, 2015
paarthurnax

Thank you so much Paarthurnax. You're the best! :D

And may the shouts be forever in your favour... wait, that's not right.

May the Thu'um be with you?.... nope, still not right.

I AM the last one!... damn it!

Anyway, thank you. :)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.