A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Class

1  2  3  4 > >>  

SAA2000
September 12, 2015

Drem yol lok! 

So I think that I am the first person to do this but at my High School my German teacher told me that I could use his room after school to teach Dovahzul! I started to create a lesson plan and though I am still learning the language myself, I am catching on pretty fast. The class is based on the Dovahzul textbook that I got from this site and also the dictionary. I only have 3 students so far but it is still some. So this thread is just going to be my updates on the class. If you want to learn dovahzul as well, I can give you some pointers on learning. 

by SAA2000
September 12, 2015

Drem yol lok! 

So I think that I am the first person to do this but at my High School my German teacher told me that I could use his room after school to teach Dovahzul! I started to create a lesson plan and though I am still learning the language myself, I am catching on pretty fast. The class is based on the Dovahzul textbook that I got from this site and also the dictionary. I only have 3 students so far but it is still some. So this thread is just going to be my updates on the class. If you want to learn dovahzul as well, I can give you some pointers on learning. 

Orkar Isber
September 12, 2015

i love the idea and hope its a success =)

If you can help us learning just go on =) I am sure the whole community would love to get some tipps

by Orkar Isber
September 12, 2015

i love the idea and hope its a success =)

If you can help us learning just go on =) I am sure the whole community would love to get some tipps

Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

That is such a cool idea!

by Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

That is such a cool idea!

SAA2000
September 12, 2015

If either of you would like to be pel pals just PM me and I will give you my e-mail and I do not do runes!

by SAA2000
September 12, 2015

If either of you would like to be pel pals just PM me and I will give you my e-mail and I do not do runes!

Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

I'd love to, but I like the runes part.

by Sharsosah
September 12, 2015

SAA2000
September 13, 2015
Sharsosah

I guess I could do runes but it might need to be typed and mailed. That is fine with me if it is with you.

by SAA2000
September 13, 2015
Sharsosah

I guess I could do runes but it might need to be typed and mailed. That is fine with me if it is with you.

SAA2000
September 13, 2015

So here is a little bit more about the thread and about me:

My name is Simon and I am a Sophmore in High School. I started playing The Elder Scrolls around the beggining of 2012 with Skyrim and ever since it has remained in my top 3 video games. 

Now about the class:

I began to learn Dovahzul from this site about 2 years ago and ever since I have been trying to expand my knowledge of the Dragon Language. My friends got interested in it as well and so I started drafting plans for a class and now I am about 3 weeks from the first class and I am still making more lessons. At one point, I might create a memrise course, but all of the things that we use in class will be posted here. For example; if I assign a lesson on google docs, I will post the link here so you can follow along and learn yourself!

Drem!

by SAA2000
September 13, 2015

So here is a little bit more about the thread and about me:

My name is Simon and I am a Sophmore in High School. I started playing The Elder Scrolls around the beggining of 2012 with Skyrim and ever since it has remained in my top 3 video games. 

Now about the class:

I began to learn Dovahzul from this site about 2 years ago and ever since I have been trying to expand my knowledge of the Dragon Language. My friends got interested in it as well and so I started drafting plans for a class and now I am about 3 weeks from the first class and I am still making more lessons. At one point, I might create a memrise course, but all of the things that we use in class will be posted here. For example; if I assign a lesson on google docs, I will post the link here so you can follow along and learn yourself!

Drem!

Sharsosah
September 13, 2015

Well, I could write the letter in dovahzul, then have runes, then scan it, then e-mail you.

by Sharsosah
September 13, 2015

Well, I could write the letter in dovahzul, then have runes, then scan it, then e-mail you.

SAA2000
September 13, 2015
@Sharsosah okay that works too
by SAA2000
September 13, 2015
@Sharsosah okay that works too

SAA2000
September 14, 2015

So seeing as the class will begin in mid October, I thought it would be apropriate to release the course plan. For the year one students this year, they will learn the following objectives;

Primary objective: Learn basic words, phrases, grammar skills and become skilled enough to be able to carry out a relatively basic conversation entirely in Dovah.

Secondary Objective: Learn and memorize the 34 runes associated in the Dovahzul alphabet and know them by heart. Distinguish look alike runes from eachother with ease.

Thanks and let me know if there is any changes I should make! 

by SAA2000
September 14, 2015

So seeing as the class will begin in mid October, I thought it would be apropriate to release the course plan. For the year one students this year, they will learn the following objectives;

Primary objective: Learn basic words, phrases, grammar skills and become skilled enough to be able to carry out a relatively basic conversation entirely in Dovah.

Secondary Objective: Learn and memorize the 34 runes associated in the Dovahzul alphabet and know them by heart. Distinguish look alike runes from eachother with ease.

Thanks and let me know if there is any changes I should make! 

Krahzii
September 15, 2015

This is a really great idea.  I will by watching this with interest, I can't wait for the lessons.  I used to do little lessons with my cousin over Dragonology and the rune system that we invented together, so the thought of a Dovahzul class really touches my heart.  Good luck with your class! Will you tell your students about Thu'um?

by Krahzii
September 15, 2015

This is a really great idea.  I will by watching this with interest, I can't wait for the lessons.  I used to do little lessons with my cousin over Dragonology and the rune system that we invented together, so the thought of a Dovahzul class really touches my heart.  Good luck with your class! Will you tell your students about Thu'um?

SAA2000
September 15, 2015
If you mean this website then yes. This will be the hub of all the assignments that they will do.
by SAA2000
September 15, 2015
If you mean this website then yes. This will be the hub of all the assignments that they will do.

Krahzii
September 16, 2015

That's great.  Can't wait to see it all happen!  :)

by Krahzii
September 16, 2015

That's great.  Can't wait to see it all happen!  :)

SAA2000
September 17, 2015

I have locked in the start date for the class. It will start on October 19, 2015. The class will run on a schedule of going between Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Monday, and Friday (Every other week). I will keep posting on this thread for any input I need from you guys.

by SAA2000
September 17, 2015

I have locked in the start date for the class. It will start on October 19, 2015. The class will run on a schedule of going between Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Monday, and Friday (Every other week). I will keep posting on this thread for any input I need from you guys.

Grolahmul
September 18, 2015
SAA2000

At one point, I might create a memrise course.

Just let your "students" use the school computers, and have them go to this site. Because there already is a memrise course.

by Grolahmul
September 18, 2015
SAA2000

At one point, I might create a memrise course.

Just let your "students" use the school computers, and have them go to this site. Because there already is a memrise course.

1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.