Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls VI Setting?

Faxmirgrut
September 30, 2015

Personally i think Hammerfell, as in Skyrim the game devs left the whole Thalmor Invasion rather unfinished. I think Hammerfell would serve as a great place to make a Thalmor Questline, considering the Guerilla type war between the native Redguards and the Thalmor there.

by Faxmirgrut
September 30, 2015

Personally i think Hammerfell, as in Skyrim the game devs left the whole Thalmor Invasion rather unfinished. I think Hammerfell would serve as a great place to make a Thalmor Questline, considering the Guerilla type war between the native Redguards and the Thalmor there.

reyth laas feykrol
October 1, 2015

Black Marsh. I would like a swamp-like area and to see some Argonians. The story could be the Aldmeri dominion found out about the Hists, and want their secrets.

by reyth laas feykrol
October 1, 2015

Black Marsh. I would like a swamp-like area and to see some Argonians. The story could be the Aldmeri dominion found out about the Hists, and want their secrets.

Dinokrah
October 1, 2015

I think it should be Elswyre because who doesn't like Kajiits

by Dinokrah
October 1, 2015

I think it should be Elswyre because who doesn't like Kajiits

YolGoraagKaazah
October 1, 2015

@Dinokrah, maybe how about WROTHGAR! (homeland of the Orcs)

by YolGoraagKaazah
October 1, 2015

BobLoblaw
October 24, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Orsinium's not in Wrothgar anymore. Bretons got together and burned it down again, and it moved into eastern Hammerfell. Even if it still were, we saw it in Daggerfall, and I doubt we'll get another game in High Rock - even though I was love some juicy Convention goodness.

Valenwood's out for the same reason as High Rock - we see the whole thing in ESO. Plus, it's tiny. They'd either have to get Morrowind levels of detail going again, or they'd have to add Elsweyr in too.

We won't see a game in Black Marsh. Engine limitations would prevent it from being cool, and lore-wise, the interior filled with ebola on crack. Plus, most tribal argonians have never heard of human or elves, and have no concept of the linear time. They won't go that weird.

I don't think they'll want to blow the Summerset Isle load yet - that one will probably be the game after next.

Tbh, it will probably be Hammerfell. The HoonDing is similiar enough to the Dragonborn to be familiar to Skyrim players, it can give us some Thalmor intrgue from a more neutral persepective, and we haven't seen the entirety of the province in any game except Arena. They'll probably whitewash the Redguard pantheon into the Nine Divines (which is what they did with Skyrim - we only see references to Kyne and Shor a couple of times, and the only other one that gets mentioned is Tsun). It'll be more obvious this time though, since the Redguard pantheon is one the least Monomythic of the main ones.

by BobLoblaw
October 24, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Orsinium's not in Wrothgar anymore. Bretons got together and burned it down again, and it moved into eastern Hammerfell. Even if it still were, we saw it in Daggerfall, and I doubt we'll get another game in High Rock - even though I was love some juicy Convention goodness.

Valenwood's out for the same reason as High Rock - we see the whole thing in ESO. Plus, it's tiny. They'd either have to get Morrowind levels of detail going again, or they'd have to add Elsweyr in too.

We won't see a game in Black Marsh. Engine limitations would prevent it from being cool, and lore-wise, the interior filled with ebola on crack. Plus, most tribal argonians have never heard of human or elves, and have no concept of the linear time. They won't go that weird.

I don't think they'll want to blow the Summerset Isle load yet - that one will probably be the game after next.

Tbh, it will probably be Hammerfell. The HoonDing is similiar enough to the Dragonborn to be familiar to Skyrim players, it can give us some Thalmor intrgue from a more neutral persepective, and we haven't seen the entirety of the province in any game except Arena. They'll probably whitewash the Redguard pantheon into the Nine Divines (which is what they did with Skyrim - we only see references to Kyne and Shor a couple of times, and the only other one that gets mentioned is Tsun). It'll be more obvious this time though, since the Redguard pantheon is one the least Monomythic of the main ones.

Alungolah
November 5, 2015

I don't think it should be in any one province. I think either the land controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion or better yet, eastern Tamriel or just the entire continent.

by Alungolah
November 5, 2015

I don't think it should be in any one province. I think either the land controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion or better yet, eastern Tamriel or just the entire continent.

Grolahmul
November 15, 2015

I agree with reyth. Black marsh would be a real good setting. Maybe the enemy and the player both were enchanted with the ability to survive there. Maybe the player will have a forgotten backstory with the enemy, which is how he got enchanted.

by Grolahmul
November 15, 2015

I agree with reyth. Black marsh would be a real good setting. Maybe the enemy and the player both were enchanted with the ability to survive there. Maybe the player will have a forgotten backstory with the enemy, which is how he got enchanted.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 15, 2015
Grolahmul

That actually wouldn't have the Elder Scrolls feel either because the only NPC you're going to see are argonians.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 15, 2015
Grolahmul

That actually wouldn't have the Elder Scrolls feel either because the only NPC you're going to see are argonians.

Duryoljot
December 8, 2015

A likely setting would be Akavir. Think about it. The place is legendary already, and its inhabitants have been threatening to conquer Tamriel again since the dawn of the Empire! What better conflict to centralize the next chapter around?

by Duryoljot
December 8, 2015

A likely setting would be Akavir. Think about it. The place is legendary already, and its inhabitants have been threatening to conquer Tamriel again since the dawn of the Empire! What better conflict to centralize the next chapter around?

YolGoraagKaazah
December 8, 2015

But TES: VI won't have the TES feel because it isn't in Tamriel.

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 8, 2015

But TES: VI won't have the TES feel because it isn't in Tamriel.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.