A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Worui'in

Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

Worui'in

Make sure your feedback is helpful.

And be sure to give me ideas. Thanks, and I hope you like it!

by Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

Worui'in

Make sure your feedback is helpful.

And be sure to give me ideas. Thanks, and I hope you like it!

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

Orcs being former High Elves while Goblins were Wood Elves?

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

Orcs being former High Elves while Goblins were Wood Elves?

Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

Awesome idea! Thank you! While ideas are great, what did I do wrong?

by Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

Awesome idea! Thank you! While ideas are great, what did I do wrong?

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

Hmm I would recommend perhaps comming up with different names for the elven races? Like how TES uses Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, etc.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

Hmm I would recommend perhaps comming up with different names for the elven races? Like how TES uses Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, etc.

Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

That would require me to create a language. I do know a few people who have created multiple languages, so I can make that work.

by Emperor of Man
October 23, 2015

That would require me to create a language. I do know a few people who have created multiple languages, so I can make that work.

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

r/conlangs will be your best friend for that one.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 23, 2015

r/conlangs will be your best friend for that one.

Veyd Sahvoz
October 27, 2015

I think you should make an RP on this :)

by Veyd Sahvoz
October 27, 2015

YolGoraagKaazah
October 27, 2015

Good idea! Maybe after some ideas.

by YolGoraagKaazah
October 27, 2015

Good idea! Maybe after some ideas.

Emperor of Man
October 27, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

I'm not even CLOSE to completing the universe. Don't expect a thread on it anytime soon.

by Emperor of Man
October 27, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

I'm not even CLOSE to completing the universe. Don't expect a thread on it anytime soon.

ShadowConroy
October 29, 2015

How about you base one of the wood elf tribes on the family from the Scotish legend "Sawney Bean". You could add kelpies (not the statue, the creature it's based on) to the legendary beasts, basicly they are shape-shifting water spirits that usually take the form of horses. they would try to lure humans into the water and drown them.

by ShadowConroy
October 29, 2015

How about you base one of the wood elf tribes on the family from the Scotish legend "Sawney Bean". You could add kelpies (not the statue, the creature it's based on) to the legendary beasts, basicly they are shape-shifting water spirits that usually take the form of horses. they would try to lure humans into the water and drown them.

Veyd Sahvoz
October 29, 2015

that sounds alot like the mermaids from the last movie of Pirates of the Caribbean (tell me if I spelled it right)

by Veyd Sahvoz
October 29, 2015

that sounds alot like the mermaids from the last movie of Pirates of the Caribbean (tell me if I spelled it right)

Emperor of Man
October 29, 2015

@Veyd Actually it is the other way around. Kelpies came WAY before.

by Emperor of Man
October 29, 2015

@Veyd Actually it is the other way around. Kelpies came WAY before.

ShadowConroy
October 29, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

yeah, they are similar (the only difference i can think of off the top of my head would be mermaids are found in oceans and kelpies are found in various lochs in scotland), but mermaids are really overused in fantasy universes when compared most scottish mythical creatures. it's better to do something rarely used that is similar to something common, than to do something that has been done a million times over.

by ShadowConroy
October 29, 2015
Veyd Sahvoz

yeah, they are similar (the only difference i can think of off the top of my head would be mermaids are found in oceans and kelpies are found in various lochs in scotland), but mermaids are really overused in fantasy universes when compared most scottish mythical creatures. it's better to do something rarely used that is similar to something common, than to do something that has been done a million times over.

Veyd Sahvoz
October 29, 2015

Oh, nvm then

by Veyd Sahvoz
October 29, 2015

Oh, nvm then

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.