A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Great Hunt - Day 11

1  2  3  4 > >>  

The Wanderer
November 11, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 11

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Zin found by skreborn
Clue #5 - Los found by skreborn
Clue #6 - Vahriin found by Liis
Clue #7 - Wah found by Liis
Clue #8 - Dein found by Liis
Clue #9 - Vokul found by Liis
Clue #10 - Mahfaeraak found by Liis
Clue #11 - Ahst found by Liis
Clue #12 - Vaal found by Liis

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - Deathbell, found by Freymulaar
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - Corondum Ore, found by onikhefhah
Ingredient #4 - Fire Salts, found by Deyvruvthur
Ingredient #5 - Before the Ages of Man, found by Raxvulnax
Ingredient #6 - Blue Mountain Flowers, found by Mulhahlor
Ingredient #7 - Ice Wraith Teeth, found by Mulhahlor
Ingredient #8 - Hanging Moss, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #9 - Bone Meal, found by Raxvulnax
Ingredient #10 - Ashen Grass Pod, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #11 - Dried Elf's Ears, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #12 - Snowberries, found by vahlok do laas

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

by The Wanderer
November 11, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 11

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Zin found by skreborn
Clue #5 - Los found by skreborn
Clue #6 - Vahriin found by Liis
Clue #7 - Wah found by Liis
Clue #8 - Dein found by Liis
Clue #9 - Vokul found by Liis
Clue #10 - Mahfaeraak found by Liis
Clue #11 - Ahst found by Liis
Clue #12 - Vaal found by Liis

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - Deathbell, found by Freymulaar
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - Corondum Ore, found by onikhefhah
Ingredient #4 - Fire Salts, found by Deyvruvthur
Ingredient #5 - Before the Ages of Man, found by Raxvulnax
Ingredient #6 - Blue Mountain Flowers, found by Mulhahlor
Ingredient #7 - Ice Wraith Teeth, found by Mulhahlor
Ingredient #8 - Hanging Moss, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #9 - Bone Meal, found by Raxvulnax
Ingredient #10 - Ashen Grass Pod, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #11 - Dried Elf's Ears, found by Deyruvthur
Ingredient #12 - Snowberries, found by vahlok do laas

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

vahlok do laas
November 12, 2015

Ingrediënt 12 snowberries

by vahlok do laas
November 12, 2015

Ingrediënt 12 snowberries

vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

Forum seems to be dying. Maybe a small hint would help?

by vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

Forum seems to be dying. Maybe a small hint would help?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 18, 2015

Translations would be a good starting point. If anyone is looking for something to do, feel free to post translations here. Otherwise I can post transliterations soon, which will be easier to work from.

by paarthurnax
November 18, 2015

Translations would be a good starting point. If anyone is looking for something to do, feel free to post translations here. Otherwise I can post transliterations soon, which will be easier to work from.

vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

Nr4. "The prince of destroyer want this stone but the lord possess it." Assuming it's about the lord stone ( defence is the best attack.) A troll is guarding the lord stone. So i would guess troll fat.

by vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

Nr4. "The prince of destroyer want this stone but the lord possess it." Assuming it's about the lord stone ( defence is the best attack.) A troll is guarding the lord stone. So i would guess troll fat.

vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

4. "Faal kulaan do al laan daar golz nuz faal drog piraak nii." "The prince of destroyer want this stone but the lord possess it." 5. Motmahus pel / dein ko qoth / kolos nahlaas gaaf / nok.""Slippery write / keep in tomb / where alive ghost / lie 8. 9. "Aan vey do sadon" "A cut of grey snow" 10. 11. (I'll translate the rest tomorrow)

by vahlok do laas
November 18, 2015

4. "Faal kulaan do al laan daar golz nuz faal drog piraak nii." "The prince of destroyer want this stone but the lord possess it." 5. Motmahus pel / dein ko qoth / kolos nahlaas gaaf / nok.""Slippery write / keep in tomb / where alive ghost / lie 8. 9. "Aan vey do sadon" "A cut of grey snow" 10. 11. (I'll translate the rest tomorrow)

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 18, 2015
vahlok do laas

That's actually the clue for #3, which has already been solved (corondum ore).

Here's the clue for #4:

Ko relserahgot
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan

by paarthurnax
November 18, 2015
vahlok do laas

That's actually the clue for #3, which has already been solved (corondum ore).

Here's the clue for #4:

Ko relserahgot
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan

Sahruvthur
November 18, 2015

Ingredient 4 is Fire Salts, I found them in Forelhost right before the room with Rahgot and the four Draugr Death Overlords, on the table at the part below the stairs, between an enchantment alter and alchemy lab, either that or two Alchemy Labs, I can't remember at the moment. But it is Fire Salts.

by Sahruvthur
November 18, 2015

Ingredient 4 is Fire Salts, I found them in Forelhost right before the room with Rahgot and the four Draugr Death Overlords, on the table at the part below the stairs, between an enchantment alter and alchemy lab, either that or two Alchemy Labs, I can't remember at the moment. But it is Fire Salts.

The Wanderer
November 18, 2015
Deyruvthur

It is indeed fire salts, an excellent find.

by The Wanderer
November 18, 2015
Deyruvthur

It is indeed fire salts, an excellent find.

vahlok do laas
November 19, 2015

Is number 5 bone meal? Slippery write / guard in tomb / where alive ghost This is obviously shroud hearth barrow. The only slippery place i could find was the trap door that.g.v.opens underneath you there was a skeleton there. (So bone meal seems obvious)

by vahlok do laas
November 19, 2015

Is number 5 bone meal? Slippery write / guard in tomb / where alive ghost This is obviously shroud hearth barrow. The only slippery place i could find was the trap door that.g.v.opens underneath you there was a skeleton there. (So bone meal seems obvious)

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 19, 2015
vahlok do laas

Nope, not bone meal. Here's the full translation:

Slippery writing
kept in the tomb
where alive ghosts
lie

by paarthurnax
November 19, 2015
vahlok do laas

Nope, not bone meal. Here's the full translation:

Slippery writing
kept in the tomb
where alive ghosts
lie

Sahruvthur
November 19, 2015

I would assume that 11 is elves ears at north wind summit, inside one of the houses. Correct?

by Sahruvthur
November 19, 2015

I would assume that 11 is elves ears at north wind summit, inside one of the houses. Correct?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 19, 2015
Deyruvthur

Getting close, but no houses at Northwind Summit.

by paarthurnax
November 19, 2015
Deyruvthur

Sahruvthur
November 19, 2015
paarthurnax

There are burnt down sheds

by Sahruvthur
November 19, 2015
paarthurnax

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 19, 2015
Deyruvthur

I see! Sorry for the confusion. Not near Northwind Summit, however. Try taking a look at some inns around Skyrim that may have a similar name.

by paarthurnax
November 19, 2015
Deyruvthur

I see! Sorry for the confusion. Not near Northwind Summit, however. Try taking a look at some inns around Skyrim that may have a similar name.

1  2  3  4 > >>