Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guns in TES 6?

YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

How would you feel about guns in TES: 6? Now chill for a second, because I'm not suggesting a AK-47 with an acog scope, I'm talking about muskets and maybe a flintlock weapons. It is in no way impossible as a technological advancements in Nirn. Especially, with all the magic which could jump start any technological innovation. I mean, the Dwemer have robots. I don't think a little tube of wood and iron with some gunpowder is too farfetched. The earliest guns have been traced back to the 13th century and in fact the Ottoman Empire in the 15th century used firearms as part of its regular infantry. So, as a historical analogy could make sense. Could be kind of refreshing to see some more technological advancements like this in TES: VI. Under the assumption that TES: 6 is set after Skyrim.

Firearms could have its own skill or fit in as a branch under a marksman skill (which would include archery, crossbows and firearms).

Firearms ammo would be much rarer and much more expensive and reload be vastly slower than a crossbow. But of course, a rifle would dish out dish out most of the damage. Imagine a pirate in Stros M'kai that you have to take out and you think "Aw yeah just a normal bandit." then he unleashes an attack from a flintlock pistol, dropping you to half health and now making the fight a lot harder.

A musket would be a weapon you would use to say, take out a mage with one shot because it has got higher damage than a bow or a crossbow.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

How would you feel about guns in TES: 6? Now chill for a second, because I'm not suggesting a AK-47 with an acog scope, I'm talking about muskets and maybe a flintlock weapons. It is in no way impossible as a technological advancements in Nirn. Especially, with all the magic which could jump start any technological innovation. I mean, the Dwemer have robots. I don't think a little tube of wood and iron with some gunpowder is too farfetched. The earliest guns have been traced back to the 13th century and in fact the Ottoman Empire in the 15th century used firearms as part of its regular infantry. So, as a historical analogy could make sense. Could be kind of refreshing to see some more technological advancements like this in TES: VI. Under the assumption that TES: 6 is set after Skyrim.

Firearms could have its own skill or fit in as a branch under a marksman skill (which would include archery, crossbows and firearms).

Firearms ammo would be much rarer and much more expensive and reload be vastly slower than a crossbow. But of course, a rifle would dish out dish out most of the damage. Imagine a pirate in Stros M'kai that you have to take out and you think "Aw yeah just a normal bandit." then he unleashes an attack from a flintlock pistol, dropping you to half health and now making the fight a lot harder.

A musket would be a weapon you would use to say, take out a mage with one shot because it has got higher damage than a bow or a crossbow.

Vulkulle
November 19, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh well skyrim doesn't take place on earth. And I don't think even ottoman guns fit skyrim's overall theme...
by Vulkulle
November 19, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh well skyrim doesn't take place on earth. And I don't think even ottoman guns fit skyrim's overall theme...

YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

(Skyrim is a game in The Elder Scrolls, I'm not talking about Skyrim)

Yes, the Ottoman Empire doesn't exist, but I said they were based off of the Ottoman Empire and Middle-Eastern culture. For instance, scimitars. Scimitars are mainly used by Redguards, scimitars were made in the Middle-East. Hell, even the Aliik'r warriors were based off of something of the Middle-East, the Taureg Warriors.  

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

(Skyrim is a game in The Elder Scrolls, I'm not talking about Skyrim)

Yes, the Ottoman Empire doesn't exist, but I said they were based off of the Ottoman Empire and Middle-Eastern culture. For instance, scimitars. Scimitars are mainly used by Redguards, scimitars were made in the Middle-East. Hell, even the Aliik'r warriors were based off of something of the Middle-East, the Taureg Warriors.  

Emperor of Man
November 20, 2015

It won't make sense. Why would you have guns if you have magic? Necessity is the mother of invention, and guns are not necessary.

@Vulkulle, You do Skyrim is not the only Elder Scrolls game, right? In fact, it was considered lesser by many. (Morrowind for the win!)

by Emperor of Man
November 20, 2015

It won't make sense. Why would you have guns if you have magic? Necessity is the mother of invention, and guns are not necessary.

@Vulkulle, You do Skyrim is not the only Elder Scrolls game, right? In fact, it was considered lesser by many. (Morrowind for the win!)

YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

(Added more evidence, will be adding even more soon)

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

(Added more evidence, will be adding even more soon)

Necromas
November 20, 2015

It's an interesting idea. I agree that isn't necisarry, but it's possible. I'd have to say though, If the dwemer didn't have them, we won't see them anytime soon.

by Necromas
November 20, 2015

It's an interesting idea. I agree that isn't necisarry, but it's possible. I'd have to say though, If the dwemer didn't have them, we won't see them anytime soon.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 20, 2015

This post has been deleted.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 26, 2015
StrunLokSingh

Why do they have bows? Why do they have crossbows? 

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 26, 2015
StrunLokSingh

Why do they have bows? Why do they have crossbows? 

Nilpaagoliik
December 4, 2015

Well the dwarves did have long range weaponry,  so perhaps a sort of spin-offs of staves ? e.g. a tiny version of the staves or maybe even bigger versions of crossbows but not quite ballistia. The dwarven spider guardian explodes upon death and maybe the technique the dwarves used to create that could lead to a dwarven ballistia firing exploding bolts

by Nilpaagoliik
December 4, 2015

Well the dwarves did have long range weaponry,  so perhaps a sort of spin-offs of staves ? e.g. a tiny version of the staves or maybe even bigger versions of crossbows but not quite ballistia. The dwarven spider guardian explodes upon death and maybe the technique the dwarves used to create that could lead to a dwarven ballistia firing exploding bolts

Emperor of Man
December 5, 2015

The Dwemer are either extinct or no longer on Nirn. I don't think they'll be able to make a new weapon or construct.

by Emperor of Man
December 5, 2015

The Dwemer are either extinct or no longer on Nirn. I don't think they'll be able to make a new weapon or construct.

YolGoraagKaazah
December 5, 2015
Nilpaagoliik

Not like staves I meant like real life muskets in the game. 

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 5, 2015
Nilpaagoliik

Not like staves I meant like real life muskets in the game. 

Duryoljot
December 7, 2015

While the Dwemer could probably achieve the level of advanced pyrotechnics required to operate their own guns the Dwemer are dead. Besides, one recent Bethesda game was transformed into a FPS game and the next TES hopefully doesn't follow suit.

by Duryoljot
December 7, 2015

While the Dwemer could probably achieve the level of advanced pyrotechnics required to operate their own guns the Dwemer are dead. Besides, one recent Bethesda game was transformed into a FPS game and the next TES hopefully doesn't follow suit.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.