Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Another Site Idea

Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

I know that the ranks have probably been long set on the current system. But I was thinking about what a member said about the dictionary having a more dragon perspective on words, and that made me think about that ranking. I think it would be cooif the ranking was changed/modified to either include or replace the current ranking system with dragon types. 

For example: 

Dragon Types vs.Difficulty/Strength

Dragon -> Blood Dragon -> Frost Dragon -> Elder Dragon -> Ancient Dragon -> Serpentine Dragon -> Revered Dragon -> Legendary Dragon

Other dragon types:

Red Dragon (Ohdaviing)

Black Dragon (Alduin)

Undead Dragon (Durnehviir)

Skeletal Dragon

by Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

I know that the ranks have probably been long set on the current system. But I was thinking about what a member said about the dictionary having a more dragon perspective on words, and that made me think about that ranking. I think it would be cooif the ranking was changed/modified to either include or replace the current ranking system with dragon types. 

For example: 

Dragon Types vs.Difficulty/Strength

Dragon -> Blood Dragon -> Frost Dragon -> Elder Dragon -> Ancient Dragon -> Serpentine Dragon -> Revered Dragon -> Legendary Dragon

Other dragon types:

Red Dragon (Ohdaviing)

Black Dragon (Alduin)

Undead Dragon (Durnehviir)

Skeletal Dragon

Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015
No. I'm saying that the ranking system we currently have is by human titles. You start as prisoner, then guard, and so on, all the way to Aedra. My idea is to either include the dragon ranks/types in the current ranking system, or replace it entirely.
by Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015
No. I'm saying that the ranking system we currently have is by human titles. You start as prisoner, then guard, and so on, all the way to Aedra. My idea is to either include the dragon ranks/types in the current ranking system, or replace it entirely.

catjenkins
December 4, 2015

Oh. I see. That seems like a pretty cool idea.

by catjenkins
December 4, 2015

Oh. I see. That seems like a pretty cool idea.

Silnu Dovah
December 4, 2015
Sounds good
Maybe add them between the current rankings
by Silnu Dovah
December 4, 2015
Sounds good

Maybe add them between the current rankings

DovahKiinZaan
December 4, 2015

Hmm, whilst it could work, that would require a lot more work. And either way, aedra are more powerful than dragons. And dragon is a rank already.

by DovahKiinZaan
December 4, 2015

Hmm, whilst it could work, that would require a lot more work. And either way, aedra are more powerful than dragons. And dragon is a rank already.

Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

True. But it allows for more variation. And the whole point of this community is dedicated to the study of the dragon language.

by Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

True. But it allows for more variation. And the whole point of this community is dedicated to the study of the dragon language.

dovah saviik
December 4, 2015

i think this is a great idea :D

by dovah saviik
December 4, 2015

i think this is a great idea :D

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2015

It's a neat idea. For the sake of consistency, however, I would not expect the site ranks to change anytime soon.

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2015

It's a neat idea. For the sake of consistency, however, I would not expect the site ranks to change anytime soon.

Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

No doubt. Just putting the idea out there. I'm not suggesting this be done by New Years.

by Raxvulnax
December 4, 2015

No doubt. Just putting the idea out there. I'm not suggesting this be done by New Years.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.