Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Labyrinthian

1  2 > >>  

volzah zol
January 14, 2016

Who is the dragon buried at Labyrinthian? Is there a way to find out? 

by volzah zol
January 14, 2016

Who is the dragon buried at Labyrinthian? Is there a way to find out? 

Duryoljot
January 14, 2016

For all we know it that dragon is an imprisoned soul rotted and bound past death to serve it's superiors. Or a noble warden of the cult sacrificing it's abilites in order to scare the bejesus out of house guests.

Or, what I think the most likely, a full fledged dragon whose soul is summoned from the grave every time an intruder is near. But after so many battles it becomes weaker and weaker until it is literally a skeleton. Remember all of the powerful intruders that bust through the ruins? They all must have fought that monstrosity.

Then the Dragonborn came over and ate it's entire memoir of memorable memories with it's memorable friends the skeletons.

by Duryoljot
January 14, 2016

For all we know it that dragon is an imprisoned soul rotted and bound past death to serve it's superiors. Or a noble warden of the cult sacrificing it's abilites in order to scare the bejesus out of house guests.

Or, what I think the most likely, a full fledged dragon whose soul is summoned from the grave every time an intruder is near. But after so many battles it becomes weaker and weaker until it is literally a skeleton. Remember all of the powerful intruders that bust through the ruins? They all must have fought that monstrosity.

Then the Dragonborn came over and ate it's entire memoir of memorable memories with it's memorable friends the skeletons.

N3XITH
January 14, 2016
no one knows. The mound is broken anyways, so the dragon was probably moved somewhere else
by N3XITH
January 14, 2016
no one knows. The mound is broken anyways, so the dragon was probably moved somewhere else

Duryoljot
January 15, 2016

Oh, you're talking about the one outside. My bad.

I'll have to look for the one you're talking about. Asides from the guardian I told you about, there was a dragon literally living above the ruins on that mountain. I remember shouting his bones off it and into Labyrinthian.

And there was no mound near him on that structure where he lived. You might remember it from the Adventurer that died there. When you get up there you can see the entire ruin.

by Duryoljot
January 15, 2016

Oh, you're talking about the one outside. My bad.

I'll have to look for the one you're talking about. Asides from the guardian I told you about, there was a dragon literally living above the ruins on that mountain. I remember shouting his bones off it and into Labyrinthian.

And there was no mound near him on that structure where he lived. You might remember it from the Adventurer that died there. When you get up there you can see the entire ruin.

Duryoljot
January 15, 2016

But does anyone remember that little almost city-like ruin above the ground near Froki's Shack? That place was epic. If you got too close the horde of Draugr Deathlords and the Ancient Dragon would rise from their slumber and attack in waves. It was such an amazing fight.

by Duryoljot
January 15, 2016

But does anyone remember that little almost city-like ruin above the ground near Froki's Shack? That place was epic. If you got too close the horde of Draugr Deathlords and the Ancient Dragon would rise from their slumber and attack in waves. It was such an amazing fight.

volzah zol
January 19, 2016

Archwind Point. I love the larger Nordic ruins. Would've been something to have seen them in their day. 

by volzah zol
January 19, 2016

Archwind Point. I love the larger Nordic ruins. Would've been something to have seen them in their day. 

Seb1
January 19, 2016
?
by Seb1
January 19, 2016
?

Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

Archwind Point, that's it. And yes, that probably would have been something. Walking up the stairs and gazing out at the bustling people and patrolling guards... Not to mention the dragons!

by Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

Archwind Point, that's it. And yes, that probably would have been something. Walking up the stairs and gazing out at the bustling people and patrolling guards... Not to mention the dragons!

volzah zol
January 20, 2016

The only thing I don't like about Archwind Point is that word of power ALWAYS glitches and ruins the quest. 

by volzah zol
January 20, 2016

The only thing I don't like about Archwind Point is that word of power ALWAYS glitches and ruins the quest. 

Duryoljot
January 20, 2016

Wait... I don't remember that part!

by Duryoljot
January 20, 2016

Wait... I don't remember that part!

volzah zol
January 20, 2016

If you go to Arngeir, he will actually give you WoP locations to discover, similarly to the Letter from a Friend. But if you receive Archwind Point, you can discover the WoP only once. Which would be fine, but then you'll receive that location again, and that breaks the quest. I found Archwind Point on my own, then received it as a location from Arngeir, making it impossile to recieve any more locations from him. Now I don't even fool with it. I spend my time finding as many WoP's I can before even starting Dragon Rising. 

by volzah zol
January 20, 2016

If you go to Arngeir, he will actually give you WoP locations to discover, similarly to the Letter from a Friend. But if you receive Archwind Point, you can discover the WoP only once. Which would be fine, but then you'll receive that location again, and that breaks the quest. I found Archwind Point on my own, then received it as a location from Arngeir, making it impossile to recieve any more locations from him. Now I don't even fool with it. I spend my time finding as many WoP's I can before even starting Dragon Rising. 

Duryoljot
January 20, 2016

I see... I never bothered with Arngeir. The joy of the game comes from exploring the vast world they give you on your own. Shame it didn't work that way in Oblivion.

by Duryoljot
January 20, 2016

I see... I never bothered with Arngeir. The joy of the game comes from exploring the vast world they give you on your own. Shame it didn't work that way in Oblivion.

volzah zol
January 21, 2016

I did one playthrough where I really wanted to be a Greybeard. I had my character spend a good year in game at HH running quests for Arngeir, until that stupid glitch. 

by volzah zol
January 21, 2016

I did one playthrough where I really wanted to be a Greybeard. I had my character spend a good year in game at HH running quests for Arngeir, until that stupid glitch. 

Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Jesums... that's a lot of quest time for the Greybeards, ruined by a simple glitch from our friend Bethesda...

But I imagine you became pretty powerful in the Way of the Voice.

by Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Jesums... that's a lot of quest time for the Greybeards, ruined by a simple glitch from our friend Bethesda...

But I imagine you became pretty powerful in the Way of the Voice.

volzah zol
January 21, 2016

It was a fun ropeplay. I spent a lot of time trying to find passive ways to deal with situations rather than violence. Truth be told, I got bored after a while and ended up rage killing everyone in Whiterun. So it's probably a good thing the glitch ruined it for me. :)

by volzah zol
January 21, 2016

It was a fun ropeplay. I spent a lot of time trying to find passive ways to deal with situations rather than violence. Truth be told, I got bored after a while and ended up rage killing everyone in Whiterun. So it's probably a good thing the glitch ruined it for me. :)

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.