Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

New Translator -- Broken?

N3XITH
February 12, 2016

The new translator doesn't want to translate words the old one could.

Old Translator: Example Word -> Giwahdaal Rot

New Translator: Example Word -> Example Word

I understand that the site has just been updated, but I am just providing some feedback on it, that's all.

by N3XITH
February 12, 2016

The new translator doesn't want to translate words the old one could.

Old Translator: Example Word -> Giwahdaal Rot

New Translator: Example Word -> Example Word

I understand that the site has just been updated, but I am just providing some feedback on it, that's all.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 12, 2016

Hi N3XITH, check out the most recent Site Update. Some words such as giwahdaal, which were fan-invented, are no longer part of the dictionary and so are no longer part of the new Translator.

Also check out the "How to use the Translator" instructions beneath the new Translator. Click or hover over each word to see the possible translations. If there are multiple translations, choose the one that fits best.

To clear things up, the new Translator does not make sentences for you. You'll have to do that on your own with the words it provides. Because of this, I recommend that you learn some of the language through the Lessons first before using the Translator. Then you will be more familiar with the language and know how to make better use of the Translator.

by paarthurnax
February 12, 2016

Hi N3XITH, check out the most recent Site Update. Some words such as giwahdaal, which were fan-invented, are no longer part of the dictionary and so are no longer part of the new Translator.

Also check out the "How to use the Translator" instructions beneath the new Translator. Click or hover over each word to see the possible translations. If there are multiple translations, choose the one that fits best.

To clear things up, the new Translator does not make sentences for you. You'll have to do that on your own with the words it provides. Because of this, I recommend that you learn some of the language through the Lessons first before using the Translator. Then you will be more familiar with the language and know how to make better use of the Translator.

N3XITH
February 12, 2016

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

by N3XITH
February 12, 2016

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.