Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Canon Vs. Non Canon Questions

krahnonvulvahza
February 21, 2016

Drem yol lok (I think I got the right)

Forgive me if these have already been answered elsewhere on the site as I haven't seen anything about them but, if I understand correctly the non-canon words and rules are what the fans made up so

Question 1: How many words are canon and how many words are non canon?

Question 2: What are the rules on creating a word?

by krahnonvulvahza
February 21, 2016

Drem yol lok (I think I got the right)

Forgive me if these have already been answered elsewhere on the site as I haven't seen anything about them but, if I understand correctly the non-canon words and rules are what the fans made up so

Question 1: How many words are canon and how many words are non canon?

Question 2: What are the rules on creating a word?

Frinmulaar
February 21, 2016

1: There are 646 canon entries. For most intents and purposes, these are all the words that exist in the language. Non-canon comprises some 6,000 entries.

2: To enter a word into the dictionary, send a private message to "paarthurnax" stating the word, its definition, and its source in Skyrim or the Prima Games guide.

by Frinmulaar
February 21, 2016

1: There are 646 canon entries. For most intents and purposes, these are all the words that exist in the language. Non-canon comprises some 6,000 entries.

2: To enter a word into the dictionary, send a private message to "paarthurnax" stating the word, its definition, and its source in Skyrim or the Prima Games guide.

krahnonvulvahza
February 21, 2016

6,000 entries? Jeez this language is going to take a lot longer to learn than I expected! Thanks for the help Frinmulaar!

by krahnonvulvahza
February 21, 2016

6,000 entries? Jeez this language is going to take a lot longer to learn than I expected! Thanks for the help Frinmulaar!

Lovaasaar
February 21, 2016

Are words found in Solstheim canon btw ? There's no reason why they wouldn't be.

by Lovaasaar
February 21, 2016

Are words found in Solstheim canon btw ? There's no reason why they wouldn't be.

Dezonikso
February 22, 2016
Anything you hear or read within the game or game files or the game guides is completely canon. This includes the base game, all DLC, the game source files and codes, and Prima Games guides. Also, @krahnonvulvahza, Dovahzul should not take too long to grasp, but if you are going to utilize the legacy dictionary and all subsequently canonically-unrecognized words, then it will most likely take quite a bit more time to learn, yes.
by Dezonikso
February 22, 2016
Anything you hear or read within the game or game files or the game guides is completely canon. This includes the base game, all DLC, the game source files and codes, and Prima Games guides. Also, @krahnonvulvahza, Dovahzul should not take too long to grasp, but if you are going to utilize the legacy dictionary and all subsequently canonically-unrecognized words, then it will most likely take quite a bit more time to learn, yes.

Orkar Isber
February 22, 2016

Uhm didnt we decide to scrap all non canon words we created and start from the beginning again with 0 non canon words to build up from scratch, a language that really sounds and feels like dovahzul?

by Orkar Isber
February 22, 2016

Uhm didnt we decide to scrap all non canon words we created and start from the beginning again with 0 non canon words to build up from scratch, a language that really sounds and feels like dovahzul?

krahnonvulvahza
February 22, 2016
Dezonikso

Yeah the grammar and all that is pretty easy, but learning all the words is going to take forever :p

by krahnonvulvahza
February 22, 2016
Dezonikso

Yeah the grammar and all that is pretty easy, but learning all the words is going to take forever :p

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.