Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Language of the Mer in Tamriel

Veyd Sahvoz
March 2, 2016

So I was just thinking about all the different races of Mer, you know like Bosmer (wood elf), Altmer, Orsimer, Dunmer etc. If they each had a native language to their species what would it be called? What would they speak??

?

by Veyd Sahvoz
March 2, 2016

So I was just thinking about all the different races of Mer, you know like Bosmer (wood elf), Altmer, Orsimer, Dunmer etc. If they each had a native language to their species what would it be called? What would they speak??

?

Duryoljot
March 3, 2016

Let's see if we can't get this thread started, hmm? BTW, nice thumbnail.

So, I think I'll start by saying that some of the Mer DO have their own languages. The Falmer, for example. Remember the Thieve's Guild questline? They had a rune language. As did the Chimer according to dialogue in previous games, along with the Dwemer. 

The names for these languages sadly aren't known to me, but perhaps I could spread some feelers for an interesting topic, yeah?

by Duryoljot
March 3, 2016

Let's see if we can't get this thread started, hmm? BTW, nice thumbnail.

So, I think I'll start by saying that some of the Mer DO have their own languages. The Falmer, for example. Remember the Thieve's Guild questline? They had a rune language. As did the Chimer according to dialogue in previous games, along with the Dwemer. 

The names for these languages sadly aren't known to me, but perhaps I could spread some feelers for an interesting topic, yeah?

Veyd Sahvoz
March 3, 2016
I suppose
by Veyd Sahvoz
March 3, 2016
I suppose

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.