Vulon bo ko ahst ont

Faal Gol ahtiid Vulom med Qah

Dein mu faad voth Ov:

Rul mu nis koraav Faal Vogutsunvaar

Ruz volos ol Hevno

Sahvota nust volos til

Dezonikso
March 7, 2016
Remember, fahdonne. I am a dovah of context. My English original is not as black and white as the direct translation.
by Dezonikso
March 7, 2016
Remember, fahdonne. I am a dovah of context. My English original is not as black and white as the direct translation.

Suahrkyol
March 8, 2016
Probably no where near correct

The sun sets at once
The earth clothed in darkness like armour
Guarding we warm with confidence
When we cannot see the vogutsunvaar(don't know that word)
(5th sentence not sure)
To believe they are not there

I tried.. XD
by Suahrkyol
March 8, 2016
Probably no where near correct

The sun sets at once

The earth clothed in darkness like armour

Guarding we warm with confidence

When we cannot see the vogutsunvaar(don't know that word)

(5th sentence not sure)

To believe they are not there

I tried.. XD

Frinmulaar
March 8, 2016

Vogutsunvaar is literally "the monster(s) close by".

by Frinmulaar
March 8, 2016

Vogutsunvaar is literally "the monster(s) close by".

Dezonikso
March 8, 2016
Actually, Su, you are pretty close. A few lines aren't quite there, but a lot of it is pretty spot on. That last line of yours is correct. The second and fourth lines are almost correct (one word off for each).

Frin, that is exactly what that word means, actually. Pruzah pel!

I'm glad you guys are doing so well already! It means I didn't make it too hard for you guys! Haha keep working; you're already halfway there!
~Dez
by Dezonikso
March 8, 2016
Actually, Su, you are pretty close. A few lines aren't quite there, but a lot of it is pretty spot on. That last line of yours is correct. The second and fourth lines are almost correct (one word off for each).

Frin, that is exactly what that word means, actually. Pruzah pel!

I'm glad you guys are doing so well already! It means I didn't make it too hard for you guys! Haha keep working; you're already halfway there!

~Dez

onikmey
March 8, 2016

Not exactly whats written, but this is my best guess at what you mean:

The night came in already.
The earth wears darkness like armor,
keeping us warm with confidence
when we cannot understand the monsters nearby.
Then isn't it harsh
To believe they are not there?

by onikmey
March 8, 2016

Not exactly whats written, but this is my best guess at what you mean:

The night came in already.
The earth wears darkness like armor,
keeping us warm with confidence
when we cannot understand the monsters nearby.
Then isn't it harsh
To believe they are not there?

Dezonikso
March 13, 2016
There is still time to attempt a translation, everyone! Pruzah pel.

@onikmey, that is an interesting interpretation, though not exactly what I had in mind.

I know that I said the poem is really contextual, but perhaps starting with a word-for-word translation might aid in deciphering it! Good luck, fahdonne.
by Dezonikso
March 13, 2016
There is still time to attempt a translation, everyone! Pruzah pel.

@onikmey, that is an interesting interpretation, though not exactly what I had in mind.

I know that I said the poem is really contextual, but perhaps starting with a word-for-word translation might aid in deciphering it! Good luck, fahdonne.

Dezonikso
March 19, 2016
There are two days left to try a hand at translating. I have plenty of gold to go around, really.
by Dezonikso
March 19, 2016
There are two days left to try a hand at translating. I have plenty of gold to go around, really.

Dezonikso
April 6, 2016
I would like to apologize to everyone who has participated in this little contest of mine. Unslaad krosis, tiid filok zu'u. I will post the winner and award them as such, as well as post the original English translation for all to enjoy shortly.
by Dezonikso
April 6, 2016
I would like to apologize to everyone who has participated in this little contest of mine. Unslaad krosis, tiid filok zu'u. I will post the winner and award them as such, as well as post the original English translation for all to enjoy shortly.

Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
Pruzah shul, fahdonne! I would like to announce the winner of the translation contest for March: Suahrkyol! Congratulations! Thank you to everybody who participated as well! I personally really appreciate it. I hope to see you all in my next contest. Lok Thu'um!
by Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
Pruzah shul, fahdonne! I would like to announce the winner of the translation contest for March: Suahrkyol! Congratulations! Thank you to everybody who participated as well! I personally really appreciate it. I hope to see you all in my next contest. Lok Thu'um!

Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
And as promised, the original English for you all to see and enjoy.

Darkness creeps in suddenly
It covers the earth like armour
Keeps us warm in this fact:
If we cannot see the beasts close by
It makes it easier
To believe they aren't there.
by Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
And as promised, the original English for you all to see and enjoy.

Darkness creeps in suddenly

It covers the earth like armour

Keeps us warm in this fact:

If we cannot see the beasts close by

It makes it easier

To believe they aren't there.

Frinmulaar
April 11, 2016
Even if we cannot keep up with your metaphors, these end reveals provide depth to our own translations as well. Sikiil bo kah, fahdon.
by Frinmulaar
April 11, 2016
Even if we cannot keep up with your metaphors, these end reveals provide depth to our own translations as well. Sikiil bo kah, fahdon.

Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
Pogaan kogaan, fahdoni! I wish to continue this as a monthly thing. I'm glad my poems and writings help the community.
by Dezonikso
April 11, 2016
Pogaan kogaan, fahdoni! I wish to continue this as a monthly thing. I'm glad my poems and writings help the community.

Dezonikso
April 12, 2016
I will try to be less metaphorical with the next one, though. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Frin.
by Dezonikso
April 12, 2016
I will try to be less metaphorical with the next one, though. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Frin.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.