Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How many words can you actually remember?

ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 8, 2016

XD this might sound silly but... how many words can you remember the meaning of? I can only remember 35...

if you don't know the exact number, say more than or around

by ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 8, 2016

XD this might sound silly but... how many words can you remember the meaning of? I can only remember 35...

if you don't know the exact number, say more than or around

Frinmulaar
March 9, 2016

About 650. This includes some hypothetical words or stems such as Um "down" and Hof "hall".

by Frinmulaar
March 9, 2016

About 650. This includes some hypothetical words or stems such as Um "down" and Hof "hall".

ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 9, 2016

I now know 36. I'm in school most of the time so I don't have time to study dovahzul enough DX

by ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 9, 2016

I now know 36. I'm in school most of the time so I don't have time to study dovahzul enough DX

Orkar Isber
March 10, 2016

all canon words and a few others.

But to answer the question per se - theoretically the human brain can learn all 8000 languages of the world and remember all the different words, if having enough time and effort to do so. 75% of the worlds population speak 2, 50% even 3 languages at once, memorising words is the tinier problem, grammar rules usually make things complicated so if i count my german english, latin and old norse words i remember i surely go above 20.000 words remembered so the few from dovahzul are laughable

by Orkar Isber
March 10, 2016

all canon words and a few others.

But to answer the question per se - theoretically the human brain can learn all 8000 languages of the world and remember all the different words, if having enough time and effort to do so. 75% of the worlds population speak 2, 50% even 3 languages at once, memorising words is the tinier problem, grammar rules usually make things complicated so if i count my german english, latin and old norse words i remember i surely go above 20.000 words remembered so the few from dovahzul are laughable

ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 10, 2016

I don't speak 2 languages... only english...

That means that dovahzul will be my second language though.. that's kind of cool...

by ShadowTheWolfAJ
March 10, 2016

I don't speak 2 languages... only english...

That means that dovahzul will be my second language though.. that's kind of cool...

firebolt
June 22, 2016
i can only remember 3 XD
by firebolt
June 22, 2016
i can only remember 3 XD

ratgirl34
June 22, 2016

based on the memrise course... about 60 canon words.

by ratgirl34
June 22, 2016

based on the memrise course... about 60 canon words.

Memovie360
June 29, 2016

I can recall about 12. Most of them being words that are essential for a casual conversation.

by Memovie360
June 29, 2016

I can recall about 12. Most of them being words that are essential for a casual conversation.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.