Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A poem by Mahfaeraak

Frinmulaar
March 26, 2016

Mahfaeraak generously shared this work with me, and allowed me to translate and post it.

---

Ni gein. Ni gein. Ko spaan se dii hofkiin. Dwiin miraad. Nis filok.

Vul, tinvaaknu.
Nil zok nahlot.
Fah het kolos luv ahrk faaz kiin...

Vulon dii wah lahney ko
Ahrk amativ ved fronii saraan.
Austaas hah nis praan
Bahlok mindol zeim so.

Sil ahraan naal bein nos,
Nii gahvon nok nau golt med zahkrii krent.

Vomindok
Frin ni dii
Naan alun dreh
Ko daar lein

Ond, zu'u sizaan dii fahdon mir.

Rek voaan.
Voth dii hah.
Voth dii kril.
Voth dii viin.

Ol hindi mal
Zu'u fen laan
Fah naan wo fun
Los rek staadnau
Wundun het
Wundun til
Nau yuvon ven
Wah miiraad ul.

Ful fod zu'u hon
Ek sahrot yol
Draal, draal, draal voth krosis zaan
Fen mindok
Fahdoni
Dii smoliin
Rek ahst praan
Ahrk vahloki.

by Frinmulaar
March 26, 2016

Mahfaeraak generously shared this work with me, and allowed me to translate and post it.

---

Ni gein. Ni gein. Ko spaan se dii hofkiin. Dwiin miraad. Nis filok.

Vul, tinvaaknu.
Nil zok nahlot.
Fah het kolos luv ahrk faaz kiin...

Vulon dii wah lahney ko
Ahrk amativ ved fronii saraan.
Austaas hah nis praan
Bahlok mindol zeim so.

Sil ahraan naal bein nos,
Nii gahvon nok nau golt med zahkrii krent.

Vomindok
Frin ni dii
Naan alun dreh
Ko daar lein

Ond, zu'u sizaan dii fahdon mir.

Rek voaan.
Voth dii hah.
Voth dii kril.
Voth dii viin.

Ol hindi mal
Zu'u fen laan
Fah naan wo fun
Los rek staadnau
Wundun het
Wundun til
Nau yuvon ven
Wah miiraad ul.

Ful fod zu'u hon
Ek sahrot yol
Draal, draal, draal voth krosis zaan
Fen mindok
Fahdoni
Dii smoliin
Rek ahst praan
Ahrk vahloki.

DovahKiinZaan
April 2, 2016
That's a good poem.
by DovahKiinZaan
April 2, 2016
That's a good poem.

Blackout
May 4, 2016
i agree
by Blackout
May 4, 2016
i agree

Hahdremro
May 9, 2016

Daar los brit, Frinmulaar! Do you mind if I scribe this on a scroll? I'd really enjoy writing this down in runes!

On a side note, is the "kolos" in the second stanza intended to be a conjunction or an adverb? The context doesn't make it clear, so there's a slight possibility that you might have used the wrong word there. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just confused and new to this language. Either way, great work!

by Hahdremro
May 9, 2016

Daar los brit, Frinmulaar! Do you mind if I scribe this on a scroll? I'd really enjoy writing this down in runes!

On a side note, is the "kolos" in the second stanza intended to be a conjunction or an adverb? The context doesn't make it clear, so there's a slight possibility that you might have used the wrong word there. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just confused and new to this language. Either way, great work!

Frinmulaar
May 9, 2016
Dronizian

Thank you! If you will not attempt to gain profit of the scroll (which I trust you will not), you have my permission. If you wish to distribute the runes in some way, I urge you to ask the creator as well.

Very good question. The last line of the second stanza contains a dropped los: fah het (los) kolos luv ahrk faaz kiin. The meaning is then that of a pronoun: 'since here is the place where tears and pain are born'. Most translations of the English 'where' are bound to be approximations, since only the conjunction is known for certain in canonical Dovahzul.

by Frinmulaar
May 9, 2016
Dronizian

Thank you! If you will not attempt to gain profit of the scroll (which I trust you will not), you have my permission. If you wish to distribute the runes in some way, I urge you to ask the creator as well.

Very good question. The last line of the second stanza contains a dropped los: fah het (los) kolos luv ahrk faaz kiin. The meaning is then that of a pronoun: 'since here is the place where tears and pain are born'. Most translations of the English 'where' are bound to be approximations, since only the conjunction is known for certain in canonical Dovahzul.

Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

I guess I'll try to translate it later, the web translator is hard to use and you have to choose the best translation of each word and the app did not get all of the words, so I will translate it later, unless someon could post a translation.

by Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

I guess I'll try to translate it later, the web translator is hard to use and you have to choose the best translation of each word and the app did not get all of the words, so I will translate it later, unless someon could post a translation.

Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

Actually, the legacy translator got most of the words, this poem is amazing, you are a bard fit to be in my cave...without getting sucked dry of blood.

by Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

Actually, the legacy translator got most of the words, this poem is amazing, you are a bard fit to be in my cave...without getting sucked dry of blood.

Ahmiliik
May 14, 2016

I like it!

by Ahmiliik
May 14, 2016

I like it!

Mahfaeraak
September 7, 2016

Kogaan, Frinmulaar! I deeply appreciate you sharing my poem!

by Mahfaeraak
September 7, 2016

Kogaan, Frinmulaar! I deeply appreciate you sharing my poem!

Robyn Hood
September 14, 2016

Good!

by Robyn Hood
September 14, 2016

Good!

BuggyDragon
September 18, 2016

Very nice. :)

by BuggyDragon
September 18, 2016

Very nice. :)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.