Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

MOD VOTE

1  2 > >>  

Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Alright, we're here to vote on the matter of custom user submitted avatars in the mod!

So, our two views so far (you can fill in your own vote option if you so wish) are to give every Thu'um user featured in the mod Greybeard robes along with the option of giving high ranking users on Thu'um the body of a dragon! Essentially changing every user into a follower in the Way of the Voice, this option manipulates the story in a way that will probably add some kind of new monastery to hold us all!

The second option is for Thu'um users to choose from a list of roles in the story we're already working on, higher ranking users have more options, and move up in the waiing list. Useers will be able to fully customize their chosen characters in a way that influences the story ever so slightly. No HUGE story influencing characters will be filled, including the main character antagonists and protagonists however.

I actually favor the first option myself, it's simpler but still limits our optimization options slightly more... But it seems a bit more doable. But I still want to see how we feel about these options.

by Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Alright, we're here to vote on the matter of custom user submitted avatars in the mod!

So, our two views so far (you can fill in your own vote option if you so wish) are to give every Thu'um user featured in the mod Greybeard robes along with the option of giving high ranking users on Thu'um the body of a dragon! Essentially changing every user into a follower in the Way of the Voice, this option manipulates the story in a way that will probably add some kind of new monastery to hold us all!

The second option is for Thu'um users to choose from a list of roles in the story we're already working on, higher ranking users have more options, and move up in the waiing list. Useers will be able to fully customize their chosen characters in a way that influences the story ever so slightly. No HUGE story influencing characters will be filled, including the main character antagonists and protagonists however.

I actually favor the first option myself, it's simpler but still limits our optimization options slightly more... But it seems a bit more doable. But I still want to see how we feel about these options.

Necromas
April 6, 2016

We have the resources to do the second, and that is what I am voting for. 

by Necromas
April 6, 2016

We have the resources to do the second, and that is what I am voting for. 

Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

No, its give members the option to either they can customize their character and have them wear Greybeard robes, or, and this only applies to members with dragon names, have an additional option to make their character a dovah instead.

by Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

No, its give members the option to either they can customize their character and have them wear Greybeard robes, or, and this only applies to members with dragon names, have an additional option to make their character a dovah instead.

Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Well, I'll edit the options. Soryy, but this is difficult to translate thoughts without cooperative threads.

Hey that should be a thing!

by Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Well, I'll edit the options. Soryy, but this is difficult to translate thoughts without cooperative threads.

Hey that should be a thing!

Malboviing
April 6, 2016

I vote for the first option, but I don't think that EVERYONE should be either a dragon or a greybeard like figure. Their should still be a little bit of freedom. And I don't really think there should be dragon characters in the first place, but I appear to be outvoted. Ah well.

by Malboviing
April 6, 2016

I vote for the first option, but I don't think that EVERYONE should be either a dragon or a greybeard like figure. Their should still be a little bit of freedom. And I don't really think there should be dragon characters in the first place, but I appear to be outvoted. Ah well.

Loniizrath
April 6, 2016

Second option has my vote, if forno other reason than it's easier to make custom actors than custom cells.

by Loniizrath
April 6, 2016

Second option has my vote, if forno other reason than it's easier to make custom actors than custom cells.

Kriidgaafthunvu
April 6, 2016
Second option we are not all the same here so diversity is key.
by Kriidgaafthunvu
April 6, 2016
Second option we are not all the same here so diversity is key.

Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Well... It seems the creators have spoken. I'll see if Frigi is willing to work on our new story, and we'll get to work immediatley... Tommorrow. I need a break at the end of the day!

by Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Well... It seems the creators have spoken. I'll see if Frigi is willing to work on our new story, and we'll get to work immediatley... Tommorrow. I need a break at the end of the day!

Some Witch
April 6, 2016

I think I will vote for the first option. But not everyone should be Greybeards (or wear their robes) Because I think that would get in the way of some character ideas. Especially mine. He couldn't stand to meditate or where a robe at all.... For the dragon idea though. I suppose the writers could actually implement most of the custom dragons. If the modders can handle it of course.

by Some Witch
April 6, 2016

I think I will vote for the first option. But not everyone should be Greybeards (or wear their robes) Because I think that would get in the way of some character ideas. Especially mine. He couldn't stand to meditate or where a robe at all.... For the dragon idea though. I suppose the writers could actually implement most of the custom dragons. If the modders can handle it of course.

Loniizrath
April 6, 2016
FuryDahDaggon

For the dragon idea though. I suppose the writers could actually implement most of the custom dragons. If the modders can handle it of course.

Custom dragons are most certainly doable, provided that we can use existing models or very small edits at most. Not that a custom mesh isn't possible, but I can make a hundred dragons from existing models in the time it takes to rig one custom model.

by Loniizrath
April 6, 2016
FuryDahDaggon

For the dragon idea though. I suppose the writers could actually implement most of the custom dragons. If the modders can handle it of course.

Custom dragons are most certainly doable, provided that we can use existing models or very small edits at most. Not that a custom mesh isn't possible, but I can make a hundred dragons from existing models in the time it takes to rig one custom model.

Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

I agree. The modder we have here is godlike in my opinion, but even gods have their limits in work capacity.

by Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

I agree. The modder we have here is godlike in my opinion, but even gods have their limits in work capacity.

Vulreytholm
May 11, 2016
I like the dragon idea as well, because I could not stand to be a guy in an order called "Greybeards," while other people can be dragons. I love dragons.
by Vulreytholm
May 11, 2016
I like the dragon idea as well, because I could not stand to be a guy in an order called "Greybeards," while other people can be dragons. I love dragons.

Duryoljot
May 13, 2016

Hmm. You are a devoted member to this site, it seems. You will have to earn your virtual embodient, through work on the mod, on the site... 

by Duryoljot
May 13, 2016

Hmm. You are a devoted member to this site, it seems. You will have to earn your virtual embodient, through work on the mod, on the site... 

Vulreytholm
May 18, 2016
Just a thought, what model are we talking about here? Yeah, you really didn't specify what model we are talking about.
by Vulreytholm
May 18, 2016
Just a thought, what model are we talking about here? Yeah, you really didn't specify what model we are talking about.

Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

And you aren't specifying what the hell you mean :p

by Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

And you aren't specifying what the hell you mean :p

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.