Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"The Windcallers" concept designs

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016

First off, might I say that I very much enjoy seeing this take off like it has. lately, I have had a lot more time to be online (mainly because there isn't shit else to do at work, unless Im orded to go somewhere or have an NKO to do).

Second, I at least want a copy of the design of the origional High Hrothgar, just with some additions or some slight changes. Maybe an additional floor below where we all reside instead of just the four beds in the left wing of the monastery. A training ground outside where we practice our shouting and where the dragon members reside. A library where we keep our studies. This library might actually include actual work that members have done on the site, now in a book like on Skyrim. Take for example, Loniizrath's story about "Pocket Guide to Dragon Training" while also including the (very limited) amounts of Canon books.

by Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016

First off, might I say that I very much enjoy seeing this take off like it has. lately, I have had a lot more time to be online (mainly because there isn't shit else to do at work, unless Im orded to go somewhere or have an NKO to do).

Second, I at least want a copy of the design of the origional High Hrothgar, just with some additions or some slight changes. Maybe an additional floor below where we all reside instead of just the four beds in the left wing of the monastery. A training ground outside where we practice our shouting and where the dragon members reside. A library where we keep our studies. This library might actually include actual work that members have done on the site, now in a book like on Skyrim. Take for example, Loniizrath's story about "Pocket Guide to Dragon Training" while also including the (very limited) amounts of Canon books.

Loniizrath
April 7, 2016
Mirkrilaar

Take for example, Loniizrath's story about "Pocket Guide to Dragon Training" 

*cringes*

by Loniizrath
April 7, 2016
Mirkrilaar

Take for example, Loniizrath's story about "Pocket Guide to Dragon Training" 

*cringes*

Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016
Loniizrath

*cringes*

Its an example. Dont get anal with me! XD

by Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016
Loniizrath

*cringes*

Its an example. Dont get anal with me! XD

Loniizrath
April 7, 2016

A better example might be the Dovahzul books from that old book contest that I was supposed to mod into the game anyway.

by Loniizrath
April 7, 2016

A better example might be the Dovahzul books from that old book contest that I was supposed to mod into the game anyway.

Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016

Or the different versions of the dictionary. We can divide them into Volumes.

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 1

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 2

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 3

etc...

We can say that the words that are added are words that have been discovered over time. Like for instance, we discovered more words so that Volume 1 would be out of date with Volume 2 having more words than the previous. But we can just have them for reference or looks or something.

by Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016

Or the different versions of the dictionary. We can divide them into Volumes.

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 1

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 2

Dovahzul Dicionary Vol. 3

etc...

We can say that the words that are added are words that have been discovered over time. Like for instance, we discovered more words so that Volume 1 would be out of date with Volume 2 having more words than the previous. But we can just have them for reference or looks or something.

Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

Books! not what I was going for but still necessary. I feel like Loniizrath should use building blocks from other kinds of ruins, including Ancient Nord ruins that have long been uncatered to. Probably for the underground portion. Oh, and Frigi suggested that the dragons at the monastery fly off at night, simply ceasing to exist until dawn in the twisted world of the Creator Kit. Excuse me, my annoying friend beckons.

by Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

Books! not what I was going for but still necessary. I feel like Loniizrath should use building blocks from other kinds of ruins, including Ancient Nord ruins that have long been uncatered to. Probably for the underground portion. Oh, and Frigi suggested that the dragons at the monastery fly off at night, simply ceasing to exist until dawn in the twisted world of the Creator Kit. Excuse me, my annoying friend beckons.

Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

He'll have more building blocks available while building the place, and if he does it right it'll look great.

by Duryoljot
April 7, 2016

He'll have more building blocks available while building the place, and if he does it right it'll look great.

Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016
@Yolos Vith Why would they fly off at night?
by Mirkrilaar
April 7, 2016
@Yolos Vith Why would they fly off at night?

Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

A, to make it eaiser on Loniizrath, I guess, and B... Well, you'll have to ask Frigi the Thief about the loooooooore... 

Um... I suppose the dragons, being seclusive in nature, would have their own place to hang and meditate. Perhaps we can see some rocks from the monastery where they fly... they would fly out of render distance, of course, and we wouldn't have to worry about them until dawn, when they fly back and commune with the other Windcallers.

I don't think we should actually create the nests, but rather just let the player see some high rocky columns rising from the oceans in the fog. So we can still see them, just not in detail. becasue there are none!

by Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

A, to make it eaiser on Loniizrath, I guess, and B... Well, you'll have to ask Frigi the Thief about the loooooooore... 

Um... I suppose the dragons, being seclusive in nature, would have their own place to hang and meditate. Perhaps we can see some rocks from the monastery where they fly... they would fly out of render distance, of course, and we wouldn't have to worry about them until dawn, when they fly back and commune with the other Windcallers.

I don't think we should actually create the nests, but rather just let the player see some high rocky columns rising from the oceans in the fog. So we can still see them, just not in detail. becasue there are none!

Loniizrath
April 8, 2016

Programming dragons with daily routines. Doable for sure, thanks to the radiant engine. The hardest part about that would probably be the rocky columns, but I have some ideas for those.

by Loniizrath
April 8, 2016

Programming dragons with daily routines. Doable for sure, thanks to the radiant engine. The hardest part about that would probably be the rocky columns, but I have some ideas for those.

Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

No real detail is necessary for them... The player will never actually reach them!

by Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

No real detail is necessary for them... The player will never actually reach them!

Malboviing
April 8, 2016

Yeah, kind of like Yolos said, I think that (looking at the dragons from the game itself) dragons tend to live on their own, usually in the middle of nowhere. Sure, the "Windcallers" have befriended them, but they would still be quite reclusive in my opinion. Also, if you were referring to me Yolos, believe me, I am not annoying.

by Malboviing
April 8, 2016

Yeah, kind of like Yolos said, I think that (looking at the dragons from the game itself) dragons tend to live on their own, usually in the middle of nowhere. Sure, the "Windcallers" have befriended them, but they would still be quite reclusive in my opinion. Also, if you were referring to me Yolos, believe me, I am not annoying.

Malboviing
April 8, 2016

And I think that at least a couple of the dragons should be able to be interacted with.

by Malboviing
April 8, 2016

And I think that at least a couple of the dragons should be able to be interacted with.

Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

I was not referring to you, rather someone quite literally right next to me.

by Duryoljot
April 8, 2016

I was not referring to you, rather someone quite literally right next to me.

Malboviing
April 8, 2016

Oh. My bad.

by Malboviing
April 8, 2016

Oh. My bad.

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.