Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Missing words

McFirefish
September 18, 2013

1. Ambush 2. Bigger 3. Broom 4. Building It's not much but I haven't looked the whole dictionary over yet. I'm sure there's a great number of words missing, but for the moment if I could just get a translation for these words for now that would be awesome. Oh there's another missing word. Awesome.

by McFirefish
September 18, 2013

1. Ambush 2. Bigger 3. Broom 4. Building It's not much but I haven't looked the whole dictionary over yet. I'm sure there's a great number of words missing, but for the moment if I could just get a translation for these words for now that would be awesome. Oh there's another missing word. Awesome.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 18, 2013

Thanks for the list! I'm going to pin this post so that anyone who comes across a word that's missing can put it here.  Then, people making new words can check the list for ideas.

by paarthurnax
September 18, 2013

Thanks for the list! I'm going to pin this post so that anyone who comes across a word that's missing can put it here.  Then, people making new words can check the list for ideas.

McFirefish
September 18, 2013

No problem. I myself will continue to upgrade my list as I go over the dictionary, and the input of others would be greatly appreciated.

by McFirefish
September 18, 2013

No problem. I myself will continue to upgrade my list as I go over the dictionary, and the input of others would be greatly appreciated.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 19, 2013

I can tell you that the word for "bigger/larger" would be "Zusaak".  I've also created a word for "building" (needs to be published yet), but right now it's "Wahlaht".

by paarthurnax
September 19, 2013

I can tell you that the word for "bigger/larger" would be "Zusaak".  I've also created a word for "building" (needs to be published yet), but right now it's "Wahlaht".

McFirefish
September 19, 2013

Oh thanks. I actually meant to say "beggar", but I realize that "bigger" was missing too, so it all works out in the end.

by McFirefish
September 19, 2013

Oh thanks. I actually meant to say "beggar", but I realize that "bigger" was missing too, so it all works out in the end.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 19, 2013

In that case, "beggar" would be "Bologin" (just added!).

by paarthurnax
September 19, 2013

In that case, "beggar" would be "Bologin" (just added!).

McFirefish
December 9, 2013

Hey it's been awhile and I'm back with a few more words I think should be added: 1. Abhor 2. Certainty 3. Cider 4. Class

by McFirefish
December 9, 2013

Hey it's been awhile and I'm back with a few more words I think should be added: 1. Abhor 2. Certainty 3. Cider 4. Class

Aaliizah
December 11, 2013
McFirefish

What sort of class do you mean? 

by Aaliizah
December 11, 2013
McFirefish

What sort of class do you mean? 

McFirefish
December 12, 2013

That's a good question. When I was going through the dictionary I noticed the term "class" was missing altogether, so I guess both the school type of class and the difference between certain people type class.

by McFirefish
December 12, 2013

That's a good question. When I was going through the dictionary I noticed the term "class" was missing altogether, so I guess both the school type of class and the difference between certain people type class.

McFirefish
December 12, 2013

Also cool pic, I can't figure out how to change mine

by McFirefish
December 12, 2013

Also cool pic, I can't figure out how to change mine

McFirefish
December 12, 2013

More missing terms: 1. Cannibal/cannibalism/cannibalistic 2.carnivore/carnivorous

by McFirefish
December 12, 2013

More missing terms: 1. Cannibal/cannibalism/cannibalistic 2.carnivore/carnivorous

Aaliizah
December 15, 2013
McFirefish

Hmm... I think it would be a good idea to have seperate words for "class" because the meanings are so different. When you say "the difference between certain people", do you mean social classes? I'm a bit inexperienced in the word inventing department, to be honest, but maybe I can think of something.

by Aaliizah
December 15, 2013
McFirefish

Hmm... I think it would be a good idea to have seperate words for "class" because the meanings are so different. When you say "the difference between certain people", do you mean social classes? I'm a bit inexperienced in the word inventing department, to be honest, but maybe I can think of something.

Zemgad
December 24, 2013

Drem yol lok, zeymah.

I noticed that there was no word in the English to Dovahzul translator for "Avail" or "obligation" (even though there is oblige)

by Zemgad
December 24, 2013

Drem yol lok, zeymah.

I noticed that there was no word in the English to Dovahzul translator for "Avail" or "obligation" (even though there is oblige)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.