Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Arcanical Confessions

Yakov Tovah
July 5, 2016

I may as well start with a small confession of my own. Even though it's harmless, it still is silly, but all the same, I like my privacy.

I like writing in code. A lot. Starting a Book of Shadows, I've used code and other languages to conceal what I've written. Not that there's anything necessarily bad in there, I just dislike the snooping of eyes. 

I've written things in Aurebesh (Galactic Basic from Starwars) and, as of late been, have been using Norse Runic, but ever since I found this site with a handy alphabet, I've started coding my writing in the Dovahzuul font. Sadly the language isn't stretchable enough for me to want to write it in the proper manner, but I'm hoping it will scratch heads to figure out what the chicken scratch means when somebody eventually finds it. 

by Yakov Tovah
July 5, 2016

I may as well start with a small confession of my own. Even though it's harmless, it still is silly, but all the same, I like my privacy.

I like writing in code. A lot. Starting a Book of Shadows, I've used code and other languages to conceal what I've written. Not that there's anything necessarily bad in there, I just dislike the snooping of eyes. 

I've written things in Aurebesh (Galactic Basic from Starwars) and, as of late been, have been using Norse Runic, but ever since I found this site with a handy alphabet, I've started coding my writing in the Dovahzuul font. Sadly the language isn't stretchable enough for me to want to write it in the proper manner, but I'm hoping it will scratch heads to figure out what the chicken scratch means when somebody eventually finds it. 

Vulomjotraan
July 12, 2016

I am in a happy polyamorous relationship with six partners, including me. I've taken to using Dovahzul nicknames for them, such as Peyti (my flower) and Ami (my lion).

As far as my craft goes, I like to make sigils. So I've taken the Dovahzul letters for their nicknames and designed sigils based off that. For example, the nickname for one of my partners is Viingi (my wing). For them I pushed the letters into one (which was obnoxious bs by the way, 0/10 would not headache again) and drew wings on the side. Now whenever I feel the need to influence something for them I use that sigil with whatever goes with what needs influencing.

Heads up though, never try to directly influence someone. Not only is that rude, it's also incredibly invasive and destroys any sort of trust you might have had between you. Don't be that person.

by Vulomjotraan
July 12, 2016

I am in a happy polyamorous relationship with six partners, including me. I've taken to using Dovahzul nicknames for them, such as Peyti (my flower) and Ami (my lion).

As far as my craft goes, I like to make sigils. So I've taken the Dovahzul letters for their nicknames and designed sigils based off that. For example, the nickname for one of my partners is Viingi (my wing). For them I pushed the letters into one (which was obnoxious bs by the way, 0/10 would not headache again) and drew wings on the side. Now whenever I feel the need to influence something for them I use that sigil with whatever goes with what needs influencing.

Heads up though, never try to directly influence someone. Not only is that rude, it's also incredibly invasive and destroys any sort of trust you might have had between you. Don't be that person.

Yakov Tovah
July 12, 2016
Vulomjotraan

Huh. Very interesting, thank you for sharing. I once thought about giving poly a try, but then found my own flower and it's been just us ever since and only what we really feel we need. Good on you though if you all make each other happy. The runes things is a interesting idea...never really thought about covertly influencing, but that's just my morals talking. My range is more prophetic with cards, interpreting dreams and interacting with spirits, commonly animal ones.

by Yakov Tovah
July 12, 2016
Vulomjotraan

Huh. Very interesting, thank you for sharing. I once thought about giving poly a try, but then found my own flower and it's been just us ever since and only what we really feel we need. Good on you though if you all make each other happy. The runes things is a interesting idea...never really thought about covertly influencing, but that's just my morals talking. My range is more prophetic with cards, interpreting dreams and interacting with spirits, commonly animal ones.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.