Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul, Sumerian, Akkadians

Codover
July 16, 2016

They seem very familiar in terms of aplhabet. I was wondering if Dovahzul was inspired by such and might even share the same rules.

by Codover
July 16, 2016

They seem very familiar in terms of aplhabet. I was wondering if Dovahzul was inspired by such and might even share the same rules.

Frinmulaar
July 17, 2016
Quoting my old answer on the question board:

"The real language Dovahzul resembles most is English. How do we know this? Verbs do not conjugate, basic word order is SVO, there are definite and indefinite articles, and the roles of prepositions are basically identical.

On the other hand, dragon runes do bear a passing resemblance to ancient Mesopotamian cuneiform script."

As is known, Bethesda's earlier texts such as the Song of the Dragonborn are de facto word-for-word code. I don't know if anyone has compared the alphabets systematically yet.
by Frinmulaar
July 17, 2016
Quoting my old answer on the question board:

"The real language Dovahzul resembles most is English. How do we know this? Verbs do not conjugate, basic word order is SVO, there are definite and indefinite articles, and the roles of prepositions are basically identical.

On the other hand, dragon runes do bear a passing resemblance to ancient Mesopotamian cuneiform script."

As is known, Bethesda's earlier texts such as the Song of the Dragonborn are de facto word-for-word code. I don't know if anyone has compared the alphabets systematically yet.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.