A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translator Signup

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 20, 2016

If you’d like to help provide translations for our international language dictionaries, just write a message below. We are currently looking for translators for the following languages:

• French
  • German

Translator Requirements

Translators should ideally be fluent in their target language, either speaking it natively or having studied it for a long time. Since the new dictionary entries are much more complex and detailed than before, we ask that you have at least 4 years of experience with a language to become a Translator. If you have less experience but are willing to help, we’ll gladly accept your contributions so long as you follow the lead of more experienced Translators here on the forums. You should also have a good enough grasp of the English language to analyze the original entries, and to work with site admins and moderators who may not have experience with your target language.

Language Requirements

If you’re looking to translate for a language that doesn’t have a dedicated dictionary yet, write a post below. Certain requirements must be met for a new language dictionary to be added:

• Each language must have at least 1 fluent Translator providing translations. Please do not request a new language if you aren’t fluent in that language.
  • New languages must be natural languages with native speakers. No conlang-to-conlang dictionaries. That would make for a cool project but isn’t what the Translator program is intended for.
  • There must be a minimum of 50 translated entries already written either in a document or spreadsheet. See this English document for reference to help you get started. This ensures that any new dictionary added will have at least a bare minimum amount of entries. Please do not request a new language if you are not able to provide entries and support for the long term.

Be sure to ask if you have any questions about the dictionaries, requirements, or Translator position. Also check out the Translator Guide for more details.

by paarthurnax
August 20, 2016

If you’d like to help provide translations for our international language dictionaries, just write a message below. We are currently looking for translators for the following languages:

• French
  • German

Translator Requirements

Translators should ideally be fluent in their target language, either speaking it natively or having studied it for a long time. Since the new dictionary entries are much more complex and detailed than before, we ask that you have at least 4 years of experience with a language to become a Translator. If you have less experience but are willing to help, we’ll gladly accept your contributions so long as you follow the lead of more experienced Translators here on the forums. You should also have a good enough grasp of the English language to analyze the original entries, and to work with site admins and moderators who may not have experience with your target language.

Language Requirements

If you’re looking to translate for a language that doesn’t have a dedicated dictionary yet, write a post below. Certain requirements must be met for a new language dictionary to be added:

• Each language must have at least 1 fluent Translator providing translations. Please do not request a new language if you aren’t fluent in that language.
  • New languages must be natural languages with native speakers. No conlang-to-conlang dictionaries. That would make for a cool project but isn’t what the Translator program is intended for.
  • There must be a minimum of 50 translated entries already written either in a document or spreadsheet. See this English document for reference to help you get started. This ensures that any new dictionary added will have at least a bare minimum amount of entries. Please do not request a new language if you are not able to provide entries and support for the long term.

Be sure to ask if you have any questions about the dictionaries, requirements, or Translator position. Also check out the Translator Guide for more details.

Sosaalvulon
August 22, 2016
Oh, I've been waiting for this since I've found Thuum.org. I want to help you. I'm French, and speak English as well as I can. This is so cool to see this happening. Anyway, how can I become a Translator ?
by Sosaalvulon
August 22, 2016
Oh, I've been waiting for this since I've found Thuum.org. I want to help you. I'm French, and speak English as well as I can. This is so cool to see this happening. Anyway, how can I become a Translator ?

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 22, 2016
Sosaalvulon

Excellent! I've made you a Translator and assigned you to the French dictionary. Let me know if you have any questions about the translation process.

by paarthurnax
August 22, 2016
Sosaalvulon

Excellent! I've made you a Translator and assigned you to the French dictionary. Let me know if you have any questions about the translation process.

Makessami
August 27, 2016

Drem yol lok. 

I've read you look for people who speak german. I speak German natively, and my english is decent i think. I'd love to help you translate Dovahtinvaak also to German, but I am quite new to the language and still learning it. 

If I can do anything to support the development though, I'll be glad if I can be of service.

by Makessami
August 27, 2016

Drem yol lok. 

I've read you look for people who speak german. I speak German natively, and my english is decent i think. I'd love to help you translate Dovahtinvaak also to German, but I am quite new to the language and still learning it. 

If I can do anything to support the development though, I'll be glad if I can be of service.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 27, 2016
Makessami

Drem yol lok. 

Thanks for your help, Makessami! I've made you a Translator and assigned you to German. I speak some German and am willing to help out with translations, too, so let me know if there's any way I can help you.

by paarthurnax
August 27, 2016
Makessami

Drem yol lok. 

Thanks for your help, Makessami! I've made you a Translator and assigned you to German. I speak some German and am willing to help out with translations, too, so let me know if there's any way I can help you.

Vulhunlok
August 27, 2016

Drem Yol Lok

If you are Interested, a can help starting the Portuguese - Dovahzul dictionary. It's my native language, and i read, speak and write in English decently. I studied Dovahzul one year ago, but stoped for a while. Started studing again, and i'm familiarized with the grammatical rules.

It will be difficult for me to log in everyday, but i'm able to start translating words, based on our English - Dovahzul dictionary, and let you know about when i make progress.

So, what do you say?

Lok, thu'um.

by Vulhunlok
August 27, 2016

Drem Yol Lok

If you are Interested, a can help starting the Portuguese - Dovahzul dictionary. It's my native language, and i read, speak and write in English decently. I studied Dovahzul one year ago, but stoped for a while. Started studing again, and i'm familiarized with the grammatical rules.

It will be difficult for me to log in everyday, but i'm able to start translating words, based on our English - Dovahzul dictionary, and let you know about when i make progress.

So, what do you say?

Lok, thu'um.

Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016

Ahnok,

I speak French too some degree (possibly more than I make out) and would be willing to help the main translator. I would love to help this site. I could also get others form a local group to help translate (Possibly some German speakers too).

Smiles,

Ahmiliik

by Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016

Ahnok,

I speak French too some degree (possibly more than I make out) and would be willing to help the main translator. I would love to help this site. I could also get others form a local group to help translate (Possibly some German speakers too).

Smiles,

Ahmiliik

Sosaalvulon
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

Ahnok,

Smiles,

Ahmiliik

Salut Ahmiliik, je suis content que tu souhaites rejoindre les Traducteurs français ... juste une petite question : quel est ton niveau en Français ?

by Sosaalvulon
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

Ahnok,

Smiles,

Ahmiliik

Salut Ahmiliik, je suis content que tu souhaites rejoindre les Traducteurs français ... juste une petite question : quel est ton niveau en Français ?

Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016
Sosaalvulon

Platinum C but I don't have room to take it as a GCSE. I was awarded best young linguist for French in my school this year though.

by Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016
Sosaalvulon

Platinum C but I don't have room to take it as a GCSE. I was awarded best young linguist for French in my school this year though.

Sosaalvulon
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

Great ! I'll be here to ensure that you don't write mistakes, since  I myself am French. I can't make a Translator of you unfortunately, you have to wait for Paarthurnax, but welcome among us anyway :)

by Sosaalvulon
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

Great ! I'll be here to ensure that you don't write mistakes, since  I myself am French. I can't make a Translator of you unfortunately, you have to wait for Paarthurnax, but welcome among us anyway :)

Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016
Sosaalvulon

Sounds great! Thanks Sosaalvulon!

by Ahmiliik
August 29, 2016
Sosaalvulon

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

I've made you a Translator and assigned you to French. Thanks for helping out, and thanks, Sosaalvulon, for the welcome!

by paarthurnax
August 29, 2016
Ahmiliik

I've made you a Translator and assigned you to French. Thanks for helping out, and thanks, Sosaalvulon, for the welcome!

Ahmiliik
August 30, 2016

Thanks! :)

Nox

Merci!

by Ahmiliik
August 30, 2016

Thanks! :)

Nox

Merci!

Ruvgein
September 1, 2016

I own French, Spanish (mexican) and German dictionaries, and would be willing to help. But sadly I do not speak them, and would only be able to get the ball rolling by doing "x = y" translations. But if this would still be helpful to you, I am here. And if not, I'm glad I offered to make sure!

by Ruvgein
September 1, 2016

I own French, Spanish (mexican) and German dictionaries, and would be willing to help. But sadly I do not speak them, and would only be able to get the ball rolling by doing "x = y" translations. But if this would still be helpful to you, I am here. And if not, I'm glad I offered to make sure!

Rufgein
September 5, 2016

Ahnok!

I'm a native speaker of Bahasa Indonesia, and i can speak English in simple sentences that i've seen many times. I see you're mainly looking for French and German translator and other language, and it would be great to have a Bahasa Indonesia - Dovazhul dictionary among us. I'll happilly to contribute the work!.

by Rufgein
September 5, 2016

Ahnok!

I'm a native speaker of Bahasa Indonesia, and i can speak English in simple sentences that i've seen many times. I see you're mainly looking for French and German translator and other language, and it would be great to have a Bahasa Indonesia - Dovazhul dictionary among us. I'll happilly to contribute the work!.

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>