Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragons and Draugrs D&D variant?

Dar Do Daro
November 8, 2016

Me and a friend have been talking recently about a very well know game known as Dungeons and Dragons.

Now the way this applies here is we want to start a game that is like D&D but a Skyrim oriented variant, the lore will be included along with basic stat control. This shouldn't be hard with Skyrim as the game did start from D&D and you can see much of the Dice Roll mechanic in Morrowind.

We want an adventure table top on a website called Roll20 and we are looking for a few more players to join us. This will require a basic character, backstory is optional but highly requested for the sake of the Dungeon master. Of course the spot of DM is currently being debated between me, the one person I know for a fact will play, and possibly an old D&D pro.

Basically I am requesting any Skyrim and D&D fans or people who are a fan of one but into the idea to speak to me about joining the quest. We have me and one other, that's two for now but we plan to have a max party of 6 to 8, more likely 6. You can convince me to let you be Dungeon master depending on your proficiency.

As for the basic race rules you will be allowed to choose any of the sentient races that still exist in the Skyrim lore as we will pick up right after the last Dragon Born does their thing and the world is saved from Alduin. For now we will probably restrict the map but we will look at all of Tamriel as a play zone depending on how long the game goes for. The rules are still being decided on so keep in mind we might not play for a few more weeks to a month at most.

This will be a great way to make friends and revive Skyrim and D&D for many of us. I am asking early to gt as many applicants as possible for the journey before we start, I hate late commers but if somebody drops out I will accept people halfway through (Of course you will have to wait for us in town or something)

Thank you for your consideration. I figured this was the best place for me to ask this.

by Dar Do Daro
November 8, 2016

Me and a friend have been talking recently about a very well know game known as Dungeons and Dragons.

Now the way this applies here is we want to start a game that is like D&D but a Skyrim oriented variant, the lore will be included along with basic stat control. This shouldn't be hard with Skyrim as the game did start from D&D and you can see much of the Dice Roll mechanic in Morrowind.

We want an adventure table top on a website called Roll20 and we are looking for a few more players to join us. This will require a basic character, backstory is optional but highly requested for the sake of the Dungeon master. Of course the spot of DM is currently being debated between me, the one person I know for a fact will play, and possibly an old D&D pro.

Basically I am requesting any Skyrim and D&D fans or people who are a fan of one but into the idea to speak to me about joining the quest. We have me and one other, that's two for now but we plan to have a max party of 6 to 8, more likely 6. You can convince me to let you be Dungeon master depending on your proficiency.

As for the basic race rules you will be allowed to choose any of the sentient races that still exist in the Skyrim lore as we will pick up right after the last Dragon Born does their thing and the world is saved from Alduin. For now we will probably restrict the map but we will look at all of Tamriel as a play zone depending on how long the game goes for. The rules are still being decided on so keep in mind we might not play for a few more weeks to a month at most.

This will be a great way to make friends and revive Skyrim and D&D for many of us. I am asking early to gt as many applicants as possible for the journey before we start, I hate late commers but if somebody drops out I will accept people halfway through (Of course you will have to wait for us in town or something)

Thank you for your consideration. I figured this was the best place for me to ask this.

Ruvgein
November 9, 2016

This is a wonderful idea! I'd love to join but I believe I am too restricted by my life right now to be a part of this, hopefully you will find others.

(Also, this should be in 'The Hearth' because it is off-topic.  You can PM a Moderator to move it for you.  Again, no big deal.)

by Ruvgein
November 9, 2016

This is a wonderful idea! I'd love to join but I believe I am too restricted by my life right now to be a part of this, hopefully you will find others.

(Also, this should be in 'The Hearth' because it is off-topic.  You can PM a Moderator to move it for you.  Again, no big deal.)

[deleted]
May 4, 2017

Umm, i'll join, if there's enough people, which there seems to be a lack of...

by [deleted]
May 4, 2017

Umm, i'll join, if there's enough people, which there seems to be a lack of...

Ruvgein
May 4, 2017
This user hasn't been online since posting that. It's not happening, sorry.
by Ruvgein
May 4, 2017
This user hasn't been online since posting that. It's not happening, sorry.

Kingofdeath707
May 10, 2017

nevm ruv

by Kingofdeath707
May 10, 2017

nevm ruv

Hevnolovaasmun
June 2, 2017

Just before I found this site (thuum), I came across a fan made game. I was already converting TSE races to Pathfinder rules but a random search came up with "The Elder Scrolls: D20".. Check it out for some free PDFs. I printed it out and am going to play a run at it soon enough.

https://www.facebook.com/tesd20/

by Hevnolovaasmun
June 2, 2017

Just before I found this site (thuum), I came across a fan made game. I was already converting TSE races to Pathfinder rules but a random search came up with "The Elder Scrolls: D20".. Check it out for some free PDFs. I printed it out and am going to play a run at it soon enough.

https://www.facebook.com/tesd20/

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.