Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Learning Dovahzul

Dinokyolnah
November 19, 2016

What is/was the hardest part about learning Dovahzul to you? For me it is learning plural forms.... Like I get it that you just copy the last consatant and add an "e", save for "men". But dang is it hard. 
Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

by Dinokyolnah
November 19, 2016

What is/was the hardest part about learning Dovahzul to you? For me it is learning plural forms.... Like I get it that you just copy the last consatant and add an "e", save for "men". But dang is it hard. 
Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

Dovahskar
November 21, 2016

The trickiest part for me is figuring out which suffixes/prefixes to use to manipulate the base words in the way I need. It is the finer technical points to get a smoother and more poetic flow to sentences that read more easily and are more easily understood.

by Dovahskar
November 21, 2016

The trickiest part for me is figuring out which suffixes/prefixes to use to manipulate the base words in the way I need. It is the finer technical points to get a smoother and more poetic flow to sentences that read more easily and are more easily understood.

VulonJud
December 1, 2016
Not mixing it up with other languages at school is hardest for me :)
So many times I have been in German or French class and I write Zu'u or Hi when working, the teacher must think im mad xD
by VulonJud
December 1, 2016
Not mixing it up with other languages at school is hardest for me :)

So many times I have been in German or French class and I write Zu'u or Hi when working, the teacher must think im mad xD

[deleted]
April 29, 2017

Learning the runes (which I still haven't done) they're all so similar

by [deleted]
April 29, 2017

Learning the runes (which I still haven't done) they're all so similar

Skylark
May 3, 2017
Dinokyolnah

Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

Pronouns. They're way different than the other words. Although I did just start learning them.

by Skylark
May 3, 2017
Dinokyolnah

Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

Pronouns. They're way different than the other words. Although I did just start learning them.

Plantman
June 24, 2017

For me, the hardest part in learning Dovahzul are the homophones, the synonyms. Dragon words that sound like english words but have different meanings mess with my head a little.

by Plantman
June 24, 2017

For me, the hardest part in learning Dovahzul are the homophones, the synonyms. Dragon words that sound like english words but have different meanings mess with my head a little.

sahloziik
July 17, 2017
Dinokyolnah

Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

For me, it has gotta be learning different parts of the language that sound similar to other words, such as Hjani and Hjane. Those words sound similar, and those types of similar words can be confusing. For me, the runes are the easiest part, and the similar words are the hardest part

by sahloziik
July 17, 2017
Dinokyolnah

Lok avok, Lovaas kosill

For me, it has gotta be learning different parts of the language that sound similar to other words, such as Hjani and Hjane. Those words sound similar, and those types of similar words can be confusing. For me, the runes are the easiest part, and the similar words are the hardest part

Ruvgein
July 17, 2017
sahloziik

For me, it has gotta be learning different parts of the language that sound similar to other words, such as Hjani and Hjane. Those words sound similar, and those types of similar words can be confusing. For me, the runes are the easiest part, and the similar words are the hardest part.

Hjani and Hjane are both deleted words.  That means they aren't in use at all. 

Also, they were legacy Dovahzul.  Meaning words made by this site and not appearing in-game.  Please stay with Canon Dovahzul to start with, it makes learning much easier.

by Ruvgein
July 17, 2017
sahloziik

For me, it has gotta be learning different parts of the language that sound similar to other words, such as Hjani and Hjane. Those words sound similar, and those types of similar words can be confusing. For me, the runes are the easiest part, and the similar words are the hardest part.

Hjani and Hjane are both deleted words.  That means they aren't in use at all. 

Also, they were legacy Dovahzul.  Meaning words made by this site and not appearing in-game.  Please stay with Canon Dovahzul to start with, it makes learning much easier.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.