Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Numbers Thread

Onikpaarqolaas
December 22, 2016

Pah drem,

It came to my attention that the most recent numbers thread was giving some confusing and conflicting information on just how numerals appear in Dovahzul.  I had thought that this was the current format for writing the numbers in Dovah runes, and wanted to provide a new thread that wasn't archived for discussion relating to the number system in Dovahzul.  I realize that numbers aren't a huge deal for the dovah, but I think it should be fairly obvious as to what we currently have set as the standard.

I also had an inquiry that has confused me since the number system isn't overly clear to begin with:  Is 10 written as ben or is it geino, or are they both "correct"?

Feel free to open this thread up to further numerical quandries.

by Onikpaarqolaas
December 22, 2016

Pah drem,

It came to my attention that the most recent numbers thread was giving some confusing and conflicting information on just how numerals appear in Dovahzul.  I had thought that this was the current format for writing the numbers in Dovah runes, and wanted to provide a new thread that wasn't archived for discussion relating to the number system in Dovahzul.  I realize that numbers aren't a huge deal for the dovah, but I think it should be fairly obvious as to what we currently have set as the standard.

I also had an inquiry that has confused me since the number system isn't overly clear to begin with:  Is 10 written as ben or is it geino, or are they both "correct"?

Feel free to open this thread up to further numerical quandries.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.