A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ruvgein's Writers Nook

1  2  3  4 > >>  

Ruvgein
December 23, 2016

Hello and welcome to the Nook! 

This thread has been changed and it's new name shows it!   Don't mind the early posts!  ;)

Do you need help making your writing better?  Do you need an idea to spark your thoughts?  Need to know if you're doing it right?  This is your place!

Post questions, tips, writing samples.  It's all welcome!

I'm a writer myself, and I'm sure we could all use having an editor or reader or just someone to say "hey, use a '.' there." or "looks good, but switch those two lines."  or even "yes, you still need quotation marks."

So come.  Ask what you'd like and share something too.  I'll be here.  :)

Keinthurah had me make this in the first place because they wanted help: Genre: like Skyrim.  What to do:   brainstorm ideas.  Will give credit for help

by Ruvgein
December 23, 2016

Hello and welcome to the Nook! 

This thread has been changed and it's new name shows it!   Don't mind the early posts!  ;)

Do you need help making your writing better?  Do you need an idea to spark your thoughts?  Need to know if you're doing it right?  This is your place!

Post questions, tips, writing samples.  It's all welcome!

I'm a writer myself, and I'm sure we could all use having an editor or reader or just someone to say "hey, use a '.' there." or "looks good, but switch those two lines."  or even "yes, you still need quotation marks."

So come.  Ask what you'd like and share something too.  I'll be here.  :)

Keinthurah had me make this in the first place because they wanted help: Genre: like Skyrim.  What to do:   brainstorm ideas.  Will give credit for help

Dzydzilelya
December 24, 2016
Ruvgein
A friend would like ideas for a book. Anything from the people to the places or the adventure!

So just brainstorming or constructed text?
We also need at least the genre, or style, to know how to orientate our ideas.

by Dzydzilelya
December 24, 2016
Ruvgein
A friend would like ideas for a book. Anything from the people to the places or the adventure!

So just brainstorming or constructed text?
We also need at least the genre, or style, to know how to orientate our ideas.

DinokDovBormahu
December 24, 2016
Ruvgein
A friend would like ideas for a book. Anything from the people to the places or the adventure! So if you have some you want to share, please post! I am told any who do will be given credit for their work, so help out!

So if you want a person... i guess you could have mine. Edward black hair green eyes. if  it is the type of book i hope it is then he is a werewolf.

by DinokDovBormahu
December 24, 2016
Ruvgein
A friend would like ideas for a book. Anything from the people to the places or the adventure! So if you have some you want to share, please post! I am told any who do will be given credit for their work, so help out!

So if you want a person... i guess you could have mine. Edward black hair green eyes. if  it is the type of book i hope it is then he is a werewolf.

Some Witch
December 25, 2016

*Rubs hands*

Jorge, the dancing singing masterpiece of a Gargoyle.

Stepgen, the cold-hearted fire entity with a hunger for stone.

Ceino, the lock and nose picking Goblin from the mountains of old.

by Some Witch
December 25, 2016

*Rubs hands*

Jorge, the dancing singing masterpiece of a Gargoyle.

Stepgen, the cold-hearted fire entity with a hunger for stone.

Ceino, the lock and nose picking Goblin from the mountains of old.

Ruvgein
December 27, 2016
Reread the first post, I've opened this.
by Ruvgein
December 27, 2016
Reread the first post, I've opened this.

[deleted]
April 28, 2017

Maybe a book about The Daedric Princes, or one of them, Sheogorath would be fun to write about.

by [deleted]
April 28, 2017

Maybe a book about The Daedric Princes, or one of them, Sheogorath would be fun to write about.

Ruvgein
July 25, 2017

Writing tip:

I'm sure you know what writing in first person and third person mean, but do you know the difference between third person omniscient and third person limited?

Limited is when the whole story is thru one person's eyes. Like the Wheel of Time books and most books for non adult readers.

Omniscient is when the whole story is thru everyone's eyes. Like Lord of the Rings.

Knowing which one you're doing is very helpful when writing.

by Ruvgein
July 25, 2017

Writing tip:

I'm sure you know what writing in first person and third person mean, but do you know the difference between third person omniscient and third person limited?

Limited is when the whole story is thru one person's eyes. Like the Wheel of Time books and most books for non adult readers.

Omniscient is when the whole story is thru everyone's eyes. Like Lord of the Rings.

Knowing which one you're doing is very helpful when writing.

Malsahqogein
July 29, 2017

So, I was thinking about fusing the Halo and Skyrim worlds to create a Sangheili(Elite) dragonborn, who's mother or father is an Argonian(hasn't yet been decided, though it makes sense for the father to be a dragon). The only thing that combines the worlds is his looks and the natural levels of strength and intelligence that Sangheili possess. And I was thinking, haven't yet figured out what, that something in his DNA caused him to look the way he did. And that maybe he's considered a freak to other Siigonis because he looks so different. I haven't yet figured out the rest of his story, but that's where y'all would come in if you feel like helping. And if the book(s) make it to print, I'd gladly give credit to anyone who helped.

by Malsahqogein
July 29, 2017

So, I was thinking about fusing the Halo and Skyrim worlds to create a Sangheili(Elite) dragonborn, who's mother or father is an Argonian(hasn't yet been decided, though it makes sense for the father to be a dragon). The only thing that combines the worlds is his looks and the natural levels of strength and intelligence that Sangheili possess. And I was thinking, haven't yet figured out what, that something in his DNA caused him to look the way he did. And that maybe he's considered a freak to other Siigonis because he looks so different. I haven't yet figured out the rest of his story, but that's where y'all would come in if you feel like helping. And if the book(s) make it to print, I'd gladly give credit to anyone who helped.

Ruvgein
July 30, 2017
@Malsahqogein

So you want to make an Argonian look really big and bulky? Yeah, that can work. Otherwise, what exactly are you asking?
by Ruvgein
July 30, 2017
@Malsahqogein

So you want to make an Argonian look really big and bulky? Yeah, that can work. Otherwise, what exactly are you asking?

Hail Thuri
August 4, 2017
Keinthurah here. Just got an account. I am using Ceino (the mountains are called Wuthar with wuth meaning old), Stepgen, and Jorge (who has a rivalry with Stephen). I am also using Edward, who will be a werewolf. So one question: Who should I write made said characters? Just use your username? Thank you Ruvgein for making this post.
by Hail Thuri
August 4, 2017
Keinthurah here. Just got an account. I am using Ceino (the mountains are called Wuthar with wuth meaning old), Stepgen, and Jorge (who has a rivalry with Stephen). I am also using Edward, who will be a werewolf. So one question: Who should I write made said characters? Just use your username? Thank you Ruvgein for making this post.

Ruvgein
August 4, 2017
@Keinthurah

Yes, credit the usernames. It would be the best bet since I haven't seen either user on in some time, so they can't be asked directly.

No problem. I just hope you don't mind me changing its concept after to try and accommodate more people.
by Ruvgein
August 4, 2017
@Keinthurah

Yes, credit the usernames. It would be the best bet since I haven't seen either user on in some time, so they can't be asked directly.

No problem. I just hope you don't mind me changing its concept after to try and accommodate more people.

Hail Thuri
August 5, 2017
It is fine. You turned my idea into a great idea, too. I gave you 30 gold on the site for doing it. I would give more, but I only had 30. But dovah like myself do not need yuvon. Mu tovit fah suleyk.
by Hail Thuri
August 5, 2017
It is fine. You turned my idea into a great idea, too. I gave you 30 gold on the site for doing it. I would give more, but I only had 30. But dovah like myself do not need yuvon. Mu tovit fah suleyk.

Hail Thuri
August 5, 2017
I also will give you credit somewhere. So should I use your vahzah luft? Or your username? Or something else?
by Hail Thuri
August 5, 2017
I also will give you credit somewhere. So should I use your vahzah luft? Or your username? Or something else?

Ruvgein
August 5, 2017
Where are you publishing?

(Gold. So shiny.)
by Ruvgein
August 5, 2017
Where are you publishing?

(Gold. So shiny.)

Hail Thuri
August 6, 2017
I live in San Diego, California in the U.S. Although, with that said, I am not a hundred percent sure that my book is good enough. Zu'u aal nunon hind.
by Hail Thuri
August 6, 2017
I live in San Diego, California in the U.S. Although, with that said, I am not a hundred percent sure that my book is good enough. Zu'u aal nunon hind.
 1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.