Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Runes

AxeTheBarbarian
November 2, 2013

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but no where have I seen what the names of our runic letters are. I know that when I was learning to speak Russian, learning the names of their alphabet was hugely beneficial to memorizing what sound each of the letter made and what they looked like. Maybe we should consider correcting this.

by AxeTheBarbarian
November 2, 2013

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but no where have I seen what the names of our runic letters are. I know that when I was learning to speak Russian, learning the names of their alphabet was hugely beneficial to memorizing what sound each of the letter made and what they looked like. Maybe we should consider correcting this.

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 2, 2013

Yes! I had made a list a while back but the idea never carried forward. Thoughts and any changes you would make?

by paarthurnax
November 2, 2013

Yes! I had made a list a while back but the idea never carried forward. Thoughts and any changes you would make?

AxeTheBarbarian
November 2, 2013

Oh awesome. The list there is great. Each letter has a name that's different enough to be difficult to mistake for one another, which has been a problem for me when it comes to several of the vowels. My only concern would be to avoid names that are already part of the vocabulary. (I don't know if any of those are or not) Otherwise, updating the alphabet.pdf and the learning guide to include them might help in getting them incorporated.

by AxeTheBarbarian
November 2, 2013

Oh awesome. The list there is great. Each letter has a name that's different enough to be difficult to mistake for one another, which has been a problem for me when it comes to several of the vowels. My only concern would be to avoid names that are already part of the vocabulary. (I don't know if any of those are or not) Otherwise, updating the alphabet.pdf and the learning guide to include them might help in getting them incorporated.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.