Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Historical Poems/Epics

Emperor of Man
January 25, 2017

God, it's been a while since I've been to this site. There are a lot of new members, it seems, as well. But anyway, I just want to share some poems and ask that you share as well.

My personal favourite is Völuspá (a.k.a The Propechy of the Seeress), an ancient Icelandic poem, the first poem in the Poetic Edda, a collection of Icelandic poems. The Poetic Edda was composed by an unknown Icelander sometime during the twelfth or thirteenth centuries. It is a sixty-six stanza long poem. It also lists characters. Familiar characters. The very dwarves in The Hobbit were named after the dwarves in this poem. And, as a bonus, Gandalf is also a character mentioned in this poem. Not only that, Gandalf was based off of Odin, the Allfather, the god of Death, Wisdom and Sorcerery.

Without further ado . . .

Völuspá

by Emperor of Man
January 25, 2017

God, it's been a while since I've been to this site. There are a lot of new members, it seems, as well. But anyway, I just want to share some poems and ask that you share as well.

My personal favourite is Völuspá (a.k.a The Propechy of the Seeress), an ancient Icelandic poem, the first poem in the Poetic Edda, a collection of Icelandic poems. The Poetic Edda was composed by an unknown Icelander sometime during the twelfth or thirteenth centuries. It is a sixty-six stanza long poem. It also lists characters. Familiar characters. The very dwarves in The Hobbit were named after the dwarves in this poem. And, as a bonus, Gandalf is also a character mentioned in this poem. Not only that, Gandalf was based off of Odin, the Allfather, the god of Death, Wisdom and Sorcerery.

Without further ado . . .

Völuspá

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.