Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Qothmaar Dungeon Mod

1  2  3  4 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 8, 2017

Download at Skyrim Nexus

The idea of a mods for learning has been kicking around for a while now, and after testing out how easy it would be to make custom books, I got sucked into the Creation Kit. A month or so later, and this mod is the result.

Qothmaar has several puzzles that feature the dragon language. The puzzles are extremely light in that regard, so don't feel intimdated. They can all be completed without consulting a dictionary. This my first forray into the mod space, so I decided to keep it simple.

I'm looking to have people playtest this before I share it with the community at large, so if you're interested I appreciate any feedback you may have! I have a lot of discussion questions in mind, but I'll save them for later to so as to not spoil the dungeon. If this generates enough interest, mod work is something I'd be happy to continue doing. Enjoy, and thanks for any help you can offer!

by paarthurnax
March 8, 2017

Download at Skyrim Nexus

The idea of a mods for learning has been kicking around for a while now, and after testing out how easy it would be to make custom books, I got sucked into the Creation Kit. A month or so later, and this mod is the result.

Qothmaar has several puzzles that feature the dragon language. The puzzles are extremely light in that regard, so don't feel intimdated. They can all be completed without consulting a dictionary. This my first forray into the mod space, so I decided to keep it simple.

I'm looking to have people playtest this before I share it with the community at large, so if you're interested I appreciate any feedback you may have! I have a lot of discussion questions in mind, but I'll save them for later to so as to not spoil the dungeon. If this generates enough interest, mod work is something I'd be happy to continue doing. Enjoy, and thanks for any help you can offer!

Ruvgein
March 8, 2017
It won't mess with preexisting saves, correct?

Otherwise I'd be happy to play it tomorrow.
by Ruvgein
March 8, 2017
It won't mess with preexisting saves, correct?

Otherwise I'd be happy to play it tomorrow.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 8, 2017
@Ruvgein I'd suggest making a separate save from your main save and using that to test the mod. Then when the final mod is released, you can go through it on your main save.
by paarthurnax
March 8, 2017
@Ruvgein I'd suggest making a separate save from your main save and using that to test the mod. Then when the final mod is released, you can go through it on your main save.

Veyd Sahvoz
March 9, 2017
I'd love to help out Paarth but I only have Skyrim on Xbox One so I am currently unable to use mods that are available to only PC users.
by Veyd Sahvoz
March 9, 2017
I'd love to help out Paarth but I only have Skyrim on Xbox One so I am currently unable to use mods that are available to only PC users.

vahlok do laas
March 9, 2017

I'ld be honored to test it for you:).

by vahlok do laas
March 9, 2017

I'ld be honored to test it for you:).

Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017

Issue. The claw-locked door (first one in case there are several) still asks for the Ebony Claw even though I have that item in my inventory. The claw also has a moth on it, unlike the door.

by Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017

Issue. The claw-locked door (first one in case there are several) still asks for the Ebony Claw even though I have that item in my inventory. The claw also has a moth on it, unlike the door.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Thanks for letting me know, that's a bug. The claw for the door is the Weathered Claw found on Skjorri's body.

by paarthurnax
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Thanks for letting me know, that's a bug. The claw for the door is the Weathered Claw found on Skjorri's body.

Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
I think I'm stuck at the throne hall with the four pull chains. No non-repeating sequence of three opens anything. If the heads are marked A to D seen from the west, ADC is the only sequence that doesn't immediately spew fire. Some pointers, please?
by Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
I think I'm stuck at the throne hall with the four pull chains. No non-repeating sequence of three opens anything. If the heads are marked A to D seen from the west, ADC is the only sequence that doesn't immediately spew fire. Some pointers, please?

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Each chain is marked by a dragon rune. There should be a book on a pedestal in front of the throne that provides a hint. You've probably already succeeded without knowing. There's a high portcullis on the west wall that should be open now. The issue is that the chains aren't close enough to the portcullis for the player to hear or see the portcullis open.

by paarthurnax
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Each chain is marked by a dragon rune. There should be a book on a pedestal in front of the throne that provides a hint. You've probably already succeeded without knowing. There's a high portcullis on the west wall that should be open now. The issue is that the chains aren't close enough to the portcullis for the player to hear or see the portcullis open.

Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
That has indeed happened. Where exactly should one look for these dragon runes? Even with magelight, I could detect no difference of any sort whatsoever about the chains or their vicinities.
by Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
That has indeed happened. Where exactly should one look for these dragon runes? Even with magelight, I could detect no difference of any sort whatsoever about the chains or their vicinities.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Might be a texture bug, then. The "faces" over each chain should be marked by a rune. Could you send me a screenshot?

by paarthurnax
March 9, 2017
Frinmulaar

Might be a texture bug, then. The "faces" over each chain should be marked by a rune. Could you send me a screenshot?

Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
paarthurnax

Screenshot sent.

by Frinmulaar
March 9, 2017
paarthurnax

Screenshot sent.

Ruvgein
March 9, 2017
I will say, I have mods that add new Draugr types and change/affect leveled lists, and it works fine.
by Ruvgein
March 9, 2017
I will say, I have mods that add new Draugr types and change/affect leveled lists, and it works fine.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 9, 2017

As Frinmulaar posted, there appears to be a bug where the faces above each chain in the throne room do not have the a dragon rune texture. Let me know if you also experience this issue.

by paarthurnax
March 9, 2017

As Frinmulaar posted, there appears to be a bug where the faces above each chain in the throne room do not have the a dragon rune texture. Let me know if you also experience this issue.

Ruvgein
March 9, 2017
Yeah, the same happened to me.

But I had no trouble with the claw door.
by Ruvgein
March 9, 2017
Yeah, the same happened to me.

But I had no trouble with the claw door.
 1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.