Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Dragonborn Comes in Dovahzul

lapamant
March 30, 2017

As the description said, I tried to use the Translator here to translate The Dragonborn Comes into Dovahzul. I'm not exactly sure on if the words I had picked are correct, so I'm making this thread to try and get some help.

---

Un hun, un hun, piraak kendovro ahkrin. Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi, faal Dovahkiin bo

Vothzul kod suleyk do kruziik bron zun. Sahvot, sahvot, faal Dovahkiin bo

Oblaan wah vokul wah pah Keizaalro paal. Faas, faas, faal Dovahkiin bo

Fah vulom lost vod ahrk zoor nu wahl. Hi fen mindok, hi fen mindok, faal Dovahkiin bo.

---

I tried to keep it to the original tune, as well as keeping it a little more simplified and to the original beat. If there's anything that could be changed about it, I'd love to know!

by lapamant
March 30, 2017

As the description said, I tried to use the Translator here to translate The Dragonborn Comes into Dovahzul. I'm not exactly sure on if the words I had picked are correct, so I'm making this thread to try and get some help.

---

Un hun, un hun, piraak kendovro ahkrin. Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi, faal Dovahkiin bo

Vothzul kod suleyk do kruziik bron zun. Sahvot, sahvot, faal Dovahkiin bo

Oblaan wah vokul wah pah Keizaalro paal. Faas, faas, faal Dovahkiin bo

Fah vulom lost vod ahrk zoor nu wahl. Hi fen mindok, hi fen mindok, faal Dovahkiin bo.

---

I tried to keep it to the original tune, as well as keeping it a little more simplified and to the original beat. If there's anything that could be changed about it, I'd love to know!

Frinmulaar
March 30, 2017

Now this is how everyone should use the Translator! Everything about it is correct and true to the character of draconic. For more clarity, I would probably switch dun 'grace/skill/finesse' for zun, and huzrah 'listen/heed' for faas.

If you wanted to keep the rhyming scheme in addition to the rhythm, you could steer further out with something like the following:

Rok dein silsekendov, rok morokei hun. Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Voth zul kolos suleyk do kruziik bron dun. Siiv ov, siiv ov, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Oblaan wah vokul, hokoron do Keizaal. Huzrah, huzrah, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Fah vulom los krent ahrk zoor unahzaal. Hi mindok, hi mindok, faal Dovahkiin bo.

by Frinmulaar
March 30, 2017

Now this is how everyone should use the Translator! Everything about it is correct and true to the character of draconic. For more clarity, I would probably switch dun 'grace/skill/finesse' for zun, and huzrah 'listen/heed' for faas.

If you wanted to keep the rhyming scheme in addition to the rhythm, you could steer further out with something like the following:

Rok dein silsekendov, rok morokei hun. Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Voth zul kolos suleyk do kruziik bron dun. Siiv ov, siiv ov, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Oblaan wah vokul, hokoron do Keizaal. Huzrah, huzrah, faal Dovahkiin bo.
Fah vulom los krent ahrk zoor unahzaal. Hi mindok, hi mindok, faal Dovahkiin bo.

lapamant
April 2, 2017

Thank you for the input!! I did my best, and I'll be certain to use what you had suggested!

by lapamant
April 2, 2017

Thank you for the input!! I did my best, and I'll be certain to use what you had suggested!

Maankiiraak
April 19, 2017
@Frinmulaar * saves whole translation to notes* that is awesome
by Maankiiraak
April 19, 2017
@Frinmulaar * saves whole translation to notes* that is awesome

Maankiiraak
April 19, 2017
I think comparing the two can help me understand what phrases would be better to use and when to use Canon/semi/non. I can see why people prefer the legacy translator's simplicity but I also see why the canon translator and dictionary are much more efficient. It really displays how what effort went into it and how its not just singular words but a conjoining language which to this day still marvels me.
by Maankiiraak
April 19, 2017
I think comparing the two can help me understand what phrases would be better to use and when to use Canon/semi/non. I can see why people prefer the legacy translator's simplicity but I also see why the canon translator and dictionary are much more efficient. It really displays how what effort went into it and how its not just singular words but a conjoining language which to this day still marvels me.

amalgamcore
May 1, 2017

yes

by amalgamcore
May 1, 2017

yes

Kronvullok
June 29, 2017
I seem to have found an extended version of the song! Maybe you guys can add lines with these extra lyrics.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-dragonborn-comes-lyrics-skyrim-bard-song.html
by Kronvullok
June 29, 2017
I seem to have found an extended version of the song! Maybe you guys can add lines with these extra lyrics.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-dragonborn-comes-lyrics-skyrim-bard-song.html

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.