Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dova-Reply

Cazador
April 10, 2017

Raenpaliyeh Tagot Maen  (sorry if bad spelling or somthing i used the alphabet pernounsiation to spell this)

by Cazador
April 10, 2017

Raenpaliyeh Tagot Maen  (sorry if bad spelling or somthing i used the alphabet pernounsiation to spell this)

Frinmulaar
April 10, 2017

Obligatory intervention for the sake of good draconic.

You are using letter names to spell Rah-En-Pah-Li-Yeh Tag-Ot Mah-En, or "REPLY TO ME". This is similar to an imaginary situation where a German speaker has learned the English letter names (Ey, Bee, See and so on) and translates "Guten Tag" to English as "Jee-you-tee-ee-en Tee-ey-jee".  Draconic is in principle an actual language like English or German, not just a letter replacement code - thus translations are made using dictionaries and grammar rules.

How does "reply to me" sound in draconic then? One candidate is tinvaak zu'u, literally "speak I", idiomatically "speak to me".

Now that that's out of the way, this is my message as per your request. Hi wo koraav roti, wo los huniil ko Keizaal?

by Frinmulaar
April 10, 2017

Obligatory intervention for the sake of good draconic.

You are using letter names to spell Rah-En-Pah-Li-Yeh Tag-Ot Mah-En, or "REPLY TO ME". This is similar to an imaginary situation where a German speaker has learned the English letter names (Ey, Bee, See and so on) and translates "Guten Tag" to English as "Jee-you-tee-ee-en Tee-ey-jee".  Draconic is in principle an actual language like English or German, not just a letter replacement code - thus translations are made using dictionaries and grammar rules.

How does "reply to me" sound in draconic then? One candidate is tinvaak zu'u, literally "speak I", idiomatically "speak to me".

Now that that's out of the way, this is my message as per your request. Hi wo koraav roti, wo los huniil ko Keizaal?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.