Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A Unique Concept

[deleted]
May 1, 2017
Vietnamese, if you didn't already know, came from Chinese and French, two very different and equally unique languages. I thought It was a cool concept to combine such a far Eastern language with such a Western language, so I decided to do it myself, being the language nerd that I am. I thought about using Germaic roots at first, but then I though, "How about Dovahzul?" Now, I am creating a language based mostly upon Dovahzul with heavy Chinese basis as well. After I finish, I plan to use the language in a story where a group of Skyrim dragons are sent to Earth (China specifically) (Isn't that funny? Western dragons in Eastern culture...) and mingle with the Chinese, much like the French who colonized that area. Thoughts? (btw, sorry for such a long message haha)
by [deleted]
May 1, 2017
Vietnamese, if you didn't already know, came from Chinese and French, two very different and equally unique languages. I thought It was a cool concept to combine such a far Eastern language with such a Western language, so I decided to do it myself, being the language nerd that I am. I thought about using Germaic roots at first, but then I though, "How about Dovahzul?" Now, I am creating a language based mostly upon Dovahzul with heavy Chinese basis as well. After I finish, I plan to use the language in a story where a group of Skyrim dragons are sent to Earth (China specifically) (Isn't that funny? Western dragons in Eastern culture...) and mingle with the Chinese, much like the French who colonized that area. Thoughts? (btw, sorry for such a long message haha)

[deleted]
May 3, 2017
Correction to above statement ^^

Vietnamese is not associated with French, only Chinese and Khmer. A very small part of the language MIGHT have been influenced by the French when Vietnam was a French colony, but the language is nearly 100% Chinese and Khmer based.

That being said, mixing far Eastern language with far Western language is still a cool concept, so I'm going to continue making the language (hereby referred to as Jongdobwe/n (I can't type letters with diacritic marks (é...see?) , so imagine that the slash is an upward accent), or central dov language).

Su/ logge wah nii, yoo.
(Fair skies to you, friends.)
by [deleted]
May 3, 2017
Correction to above statement ^^

Vietnamese is not associated with French, only Chinese and Khmer. A very small part of the language MIGHT have been influenced by the French when Vietnam was a French colony, but the language is nearly 100% Chinese and Khmer based.

That being said, mixing far Eastern language with far Western language is still a cool concept, so I'm going to continue making the language (hereby referred to as Jongdobwe/n (I can't type letters with diacritic marks (é...see?) , so imagine that the slash is an upward accent), or central dov language).

Su/ logge wah nii, yoo.

(Fair skies to you, friends.)

Malsahqogein
July 3, 2017

That sounds like a great idea, m8. The complexities that it entails would make a very good book to read, at least for me. I've always had an idea myself that I've never actually asked anyone about to see if they'd like it. It is fusing the Skyrim and Halo worlds to create Sangheili(Elite) dragonborns. I thought of making the specific keep's(I'm way into Sangheili culture, because I rp as one) survival in the very early days of when they were on their own planet dependant upon dragons because of various beasts and weather conditions that they would otherwise be unable to cope with. If anyone could help me with that, I'll give credit to all who help in the book's foreword if it makes it to the press.

by Malsahqogein
July 3, 2017

That sounds like a great idea, m8. The complexities that it entails would make a very good book to read, at least for me. I've always had an idea myself that I've never actually asked anyone about to see if they'd like it. It is fusing the Skyrim and Halo worlds to create Sangheili(Elite) dragonborns. I thought of making the specific keep's(I'm way into Sangheili culture, because I rp as one) survival in the very early days of when they were on their own planet dependant upon dragons because of various beasts and weather conditions that they would otherwise be unable to cope with. If anyone could help me with that, I'll give credit to all who help in the book's foreword if it makes it to the press.

Malsahqogein
July 3, 2017

Since the thread topic said "Unique Concept", I posted here in hopes that it isn't off-topic, and obtaining help

by Malsahqogein
July 3, 2017

Since the thread topic said "Unique Concept", I posted here in hopes that it isn't off-topic, and obtaining help

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.