Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Reading Suggestions.

SolInvictus
August 13, 2017

Some people love reading. I figured that if we started a thread to recommend some stories, we'd all find something we never would have found on our own. I'll start by recommending this short story I found.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11726194/1/Kun-do-Iilah

It's a short contemplation from the perspective of Odahviing, written in both Dovahzul and English.

by SolInvictus
August 13, 2017

Some people love reading. I figured that if we started a thread to recommend some stories, we'd all find something we never would have found on our own. I'll start by recommending this short story I found.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11726194/1/Kun-do-Iilah

It's a short contemplation from the perspective of Odahviing, written in both Dovahzul and English.

Sildolok
August 15, 2017

Hey, after searching for a good fantasy novel to read I came across one of the best series yet. (This was reccomended to me by Sildoyol) "The Inheritance Cycle" by Christopher Paolini.

It tells the tale of a boy name Eragon who discovers a dragon egg. I'll type the blurb of the first book "Eragon" here.

"When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farmboy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realises he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.

Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a King whose evil knows no bounds.

Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the empire may rest in his hands."

The blurb may sound cheesy but it's a great read!

by Sildolok
August 15, 2017

Hey, after searching for a good fantasy novel to read I came across one of the best series yet. (This was reccomended to me by Sildoyol) "The Inheritance Cycle" by Christopher Paolini.

It tells the tale of a boy name Eragon who discovers a dragon egg. I'll type the blurb of the first book "Eragon" here.

"When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farmboy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realises he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.

Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a King whose evil knows no bounds.

Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the empire may rest in his hands."

The blurb may sound cheesy but it's a great read!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.