Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bad Dovahzul Puns

1  2  3 > >>  

Strunnahmiin
August 30, 2017

Basically, just post any puns you've thought of that involve Dovahzul words. They can use English as well. Also, don't worry about the quality. In this thread, bad is good.

Here's one:

Did you hear about the princess? She was a cool lass.

(cool lass? like kulaas? get it? haha I'm hilarious)

by Strunnahmiin
August 30, 2017

Basically, just post any puns you've thought of that involve Dovahzul words. They can use English as well. Also, don't worry about the quality. In this thread, bad is good.

Here's one:

Hahdremro
September 7, 2017

I came up with a decent dad joke in Dovahzul, but it uses a few Legacy words. Still might get a chuckle or two, so it's worth posting.

["Bormah druv ah mu enook sul"]

["Dii kul zu'u los hin bormah ahrk nid saag bormah vothni saag ah"]

by Hahdremro
September 7, 2017

I came up with a decent dad joke in Dovahzul, but it uses a few Legacy words. Still might get a chuckle or two, so it's worth posting.

["Bormah druv ah mu enook sul"]

["Dii kul zu'u los hin bormah ahrk nid saag bormah vothni saag ah"]

Hahdremro
September 18, 2017

New bad joke idea.

A Dragon Priest accidentally used his Staff of Lightning Bolt on one of his dragon overlords.

"Are you upset about my mistake?" asked the Priest.

"[Nah]" replied the dragon.

by Hahdremro
September 18, 2017

New bad joke idea.

A Dragon Priest accidentally used his Staff of Lightning Bolt on one of his dragon overlords.

"Are you upset about my mistake?" asked the Priest.

"[Nah]" replied the dragon.

Midknight
September 25, 2017
Strunnahmiin

Here's one:

I'm tired enough to not be sure if I should proud or scared that after my insomniac night spent exploring the translator and the dictionary, I got that before getting to where you explained it.

All because I had to write, "Un keyriin, un keyriin, piraan kulaasro du'ul."

It just about made me graan.

by Midknight
September 25, 2017
Strunnahmiin

Here's one:

I'm tired enough to not be sure if I should proud or scared that after my insomniac night spent exploring the translator and the dictionary, I got that before getting to where you explained it.

All because I had to write, "Un keyriin, un keyriin, piraan kulaasro du'ul."

It just about made me graan.

Midknight
September 26, 2017

Commander Shepherd landed in Skyrim. In an attempt to broker peace with the dragons, she set up a feast.

Trying to be formal, she opened the meal with the words, "Mu laan hi krogaan daar kip."

The dragons promptly ate everyone in sight.

by Midknight
September 26, 2017

Commander Shepherd landed in Skyrim. In an attempt to broker peace with the dragons, she set up a feast.

Trying to be formal, she opened the meal with the words, "Mu laan hi krogaan daar kip."

Liis
Administrator
September 29, 2017
I've moved this Thread to the Forum Dragon Language Discussion to fit the criteria.
by Liis
September 29, 2017
I've moved this Thread to the Forum Dragon Language Discussion to fit the criteria.

Frinmulaar
September 29, 2017
Midknight

Somewhat interestingly for the purposes of this topic, rii paar in the dragon language translates to "spirit destructive-ambition", qah rii aan is "protective-covering spirit servant", ah sah rii is "hunter phantom spirit" and kro gaan is "sorcerer stamina".

by Frinmulaar
September 29, 2017
Midknight

Somewhat interestingly for the purposes of this topic, rii paar in the dragon language translates to "spirit destructive-ambition", qah rii aan is "protective-covering spirit servant", ah sah rii is "hunter phantom spirit" and kro gaan is "sorcerer stamina".

Hahdremro
October 2, 2017
Frinmulaar

This is my new favorite post ever. Kogaan fah lot siiv, Frinmulaar!

Also, in a similar vein, I find it mildly amusing that in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the respawn points are made by the Dahl Corporation, and daal is "return" in Dovahzul. Funny how these things work out.

by Hahdremro
October 2, 2017
Frinmulaar

This is my new favorite post ever. Kogaan fah lot siiv, Frinmulaar!

Also, in a similar vein, I find it mildly amusing that in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the respawn points are made by the Dahl Corporation, and daal is "return" in Dovahzul. Funny how these things work out.

Hahdremro
October 6, 2017

Just came up with a new one. Started at the punchline, worked my way back. Let me know if it's any good, or if it's too long-winded to work.

Two Nord brothers simultaneously passed away from an illness on the 25th day of Evening Star (December). They were once warriors, but they had ruined their reputation in recent years, so the townsfolk had given the pair a nickname: "The Fallen Souls."

As is tradition for some Nord warriors, they were laid to rest under a Word Wall, but due to their damaged reputation, this Word Wall is a small one. It says only the following:

[Mah rii kras mas]

by Hahdremro
October 6, 2017

Just came up with a new one. Started at the punchline, worked my way back. Let me know if it's any good, or if it's too long-winded to work.

Two Nord brothers simultaneously passed away from an illness on the 25th day of Evening Star (December). They were once warriors, but they had ruined their reputation in recent years, so the townsfolk had given the pair a nickname: "The Fallen Souls."

As is tradition for some Nord warriors, they were laid to rest under a Word Wall, but due to their damaged reputation, this Word Wall is a small one. It says only the following:

[Mah rii kras mas]

Hahdremro
October 9, 2017

A budding Nord alchemist made a potion that tasted so delicious that he decided to bottle it and sell it as a refreshment, saying that the flavor was like sunlight on a summer day.

Accordingly, he named his brew "Koor's Light."

BONUS: What does a Redguard teacher do? Aal aak kiir ko Alikr.

by Hahdremro
October 9, 2017

A budding Nord alchemist made a potion that tasted so delicious that he decided to bottle it and sell it as a refreshment, saying that the flavor was like sunlight on a summer day.

Accordingly, he named his brew "Koor's Light."

BONUS: What does a Redguard teacher do? Aal aak kiir ko Alikr.

Zinrahzul
October 9, 2017
@Hahdremro "You could do this all day.."
by Zinrahzul
October 9, 2017
@Hahdremro "You could do this all day.."

Hahdremro
October 16, 2017

When asked by a diplomat if he was building a border wall to the south of his Hold, Jarl Dornall Druumf simply replied, "Yes, I wahl."

A delusional dirt farmer once believed that farming dirt was the noblest profession there was. He was proud of his sod.

What happened to the man who ran a marathon? His gaan was gone.

Why was the world's best thief so courageous? He had nothing tafiir.

"This novel took me ages to read... It was such a long bok!"

Damaging your own stamina isn't normal. But on Bone Meal it is. Qeth. Not even once.

by Hahdremro
October 16, 2017

When asked by a diplomat if he was building a border wall to the south of his Hold, Jarl Dornall Druumf simply replied, "Yes, I wahl."

A delusional dirt farmer once believed that farming dirt was the noblest profession there was. He was proud of his sod.

What happened to the man who ran a marathon? His gaan was gone.

Why was the world's best thief so courageous? He had nothing tafiir.

"This novel took me ages to read... It was such a long bok!"

Damaging your own stamina isn't normal. But on Bone Meal it is. Qeth. Not even once.

Hahdremro
January 23, 2018

Time to bring back this wonderful thread with a pun I just came up with!

How much does a cloud weigh? Exactly one gram.

by Hahdremro
January 23, 2018

Time to bring back this wonderful thread with a pun I just came up with!

How much does a cloud weigh? Exactly one gram.

Zinrahzul
January 23, 2018
What is the cloud's favorite family member .. Its gramme!
by Zinrahzul
January 23, 2018
What is the cloud's favorite family member .. Its gramme!

Ruvgein
January 24, 2018

Why did the Jarl ask the priest from one of the southern Holds to leave? 

He couldn't understand his draal.

by Ruvgein
January 24, 2018

Why did the Jarl ask the priest from one of the southern Holds to leave? 

He couldn't understand his draal.

1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.