Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls the Movie??

1  2 > >>  

tzbx6dch
November 9, 2013

Bethesda should totally make Elder Scrolls the Movie. If not the series then just at least Skyrim or something! it would be so epic! omg just imagine it, maybe if enough people email them and suggest it they will from popular demand! :) lol what do you guys think? 

by tzbx6dch
November 9, 2013

Bethesda should totally make Elder Scrolls the Movie. If not the series then just at least Skyrim or something! it would be so epic! omg just imagine it, maybe if enough people email them and suggest it they will from popular demand! :) lol what do you guys think? 

Annwvyn
November 9, 2013

There have been some movies that have been made based on role-playing games before, and the results were mostly tragic (In the Name of the King, Dungeons and Dragons, The Gamers).  So, at least the bar is set abhorrently low... lol.  Only exception I can think of is Advent Children.

On that note...  if they really had an awesome budget and they had some REALLY good script writers, a game based on ANY of the Elder Scrolls has a TON of potential.  To be honest, I would actually be cool with something like a miniseries or even a full paid cable series (such as HBO, only way you are going to get anything better than a cut-rate budget).

by Annwvyn
November 9, 2013

There have been some movies that have been made based on role-playing games before, and the results were mostly tragic (In the Name of the King, Dungeons and Dragons, The Gamers).  So, at least the bar is set abhorrently low... lol.  Only exception I can think of is Advent Children.

On that note...  if they really had an awesome budget and they had some REALLY good script writers, a game based on ANY of the Elder Scrolls has a TON of potential.  To be honest, I would actually be cool with something like a miniseries or even a full paid cable series (such as HBO, only way you are going to get anything better than a cut-rate budget).

Tennock
November 9, 2013

True that! I've always thought of Bethesda making a movie on the Elder Scrolls. That would be epic!

by Tennock
November 9, 2013

True that! I've always thought of Bethesda making a movie on the Elder Scrolls. That would be epic!

tzbx6dch
November 10, 2013
Annwvyn

I understand what you mean.... but hey, Skyrim is just so well known it would be a box office hit! lol 

by tzbx6dch
November 10, 2013
Annwvyn

I understand what you mean.... but hey, Skyrim is just so well known it would be a box office hit! lol 

DJbrony
November 16, 2013

Hell they should make a movie. Since Blizzard is really doing the Warcraft movie finally why can't they do something elder scrolls related like why not do a movie based on the first ever origin of the elder scrolls and then begin with Talos and his adventures of knowing he was Dragonborn.

by DJbrony
November 16, 2013

Hell they should make a movie. Since Blizzard is really doing the Warcraft movie finally why can't they do something elder scrolls related like why not do a movie based on the first ever origin of the elder scrolls and then begin with Talos and his adventures of knowing he was Dragonborn.

Zuruniik
November 19, 2013

I think an elder scrolls movie could be an excellent thing, or a terrible thing. I love the lore behind the elder scrolls universe, but I think that part of the reason I like elder scrolls so much is because it is interactive. Although, I can see a possibly amazing movie, it would just have to have really good everything (script, voice actors, special effects, etc...)

by Zuruniik
November 19, 2013

I think an elder scrolls movie could be an excellent thing, or a terrible thing. I love the lore behind the elder scrolls universe, but I think that part of the reason I like elder scrolls so much is because it is interactive. Although, I can see a possibly amazing movie, it would just have to have really good everything (script, voice actors, special effects, etc...)

tzbx6dch
November 20, 2013
Zuruniik

Im sure they could do that! lol they get so mcuh money off the games they make im sure they have plenty to produce a fanominal movie!

by tzbx6dch
November 20, 2013
Zuruniik

Im sure they could do that! lol they get so mcuh money off the games they make im sure they have plenty to produce a fanominal movie!

Styorngolkiir
January 18, 2014

All of you are horribaly wrong, it would be an abomanation for an elder scrolls movie.  There is simply too much to cover, and it would be a waist of horrible time.........

IT SHOULD BE ELDER SCROLLS THE TELEVISION SERIES!!!!!!!!

by Styorngolkiir
January 18, 2014

All of you are horribaly wrong, it would be an abomanation for an elder scrolls movie.  There is simply too much to cover, and it would be a waist of horrible time.........

gein wo tinvaak sahkren
January 19, 2014
Styorngolkiir

I agree with you but I don't agree at the same time. I agree, yes, that the movie will be terribly wrong. But I don't think there should be an Elder Scroll Television Series. Both things will take up too much time. As much as I enjoyed Skyrim, I don't think it would make a good movie/television series.

by gein wo tinvaak sahkren
January 19, 2014
Styorngolkiir

I agree with you but I don't agree at the same time. I agree, yes, that the movie will be terribly wrong. But I don't think there should be an Elder Scroll Television Series. Both things will take up too much time. As much as I enjoyed Skyrim, I don't think it would make a good movie/television series.

Rocko324
November 25, 2015

I wouldn't mind a movie, or maybe a book, ooo or a series like Game of Thrones or Band of Brothers. With Episodes and Chapters and such. That would be nice.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015

I wouldn't mind a movie, or maybe a book, ooo or a series like Game of Thrones or Band of Brothers. With Episodes and Chapters and such. That would be nice.

HevnoKeinIn
March 4, 2016
It would be great to see TES in a movie!
by HevnoKeinIn
March 4, 2016
It would be great to see TES in a movie!

Alvulnax
June 3, 2016

There is a fanmade movie. Part 1 and 2. I think it´s called dragonborn. You can find it on Youtube.

by Alvulnax
June 3, 2016

There is a fanmade movie. Part 1 and 2. I think it´s called dragonborn. You can find it on Youtube.

DovahKiinZaan
June 6, 2016
No.
by DovahKiinZaan
June 6, 2016
No.

Vulreytholm
June 10, 2016
I think a movie about the first time dragons came would be a great idea.
by Vulreytholm
June 10, 2016
I think a movie about the first time dragons came would be a great idea.

Alvulnax
June 10, 2016

A series that is about entire TES would be even better that that I think. :P

by Alvulnax
June 10, 2016

A series that is about entire TES would be even better that that I think. :P

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.