Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tinvaak.com

Squeegy
November 10, 2013

So I just purchased the domain name "tinvaak.com" and I'm pondering how I could put it to use. The most unified and constructive way seems to me to be starting a chatroom where people can, in real time, hold conversations with other people in Dovahzul. I think that this would be a great way for people to practice speaking it, like in the topic in this forum about conversational Dovahzul. It could have a built-in dictionary so people don't have to flip between windows.

'Course, while I'm familiar with running websites and making rudimentary pages, and I'm a pretty adept hand at coding, I don't really have the knowledge to complete a project like that. Maybe Paarthurnax or someone could help me out?

by Squeegy
November 10, 2013

So I just purchased the domain name "tinvaak.com" and I'm pondering how I could put it to use. The most unified and constructive way seems to me to be starting a chatroom where people can, in real time, hold conversations with other people in Dovahzul. I think that this would be a great way for people to practice speaking it, like in the topic in this forum about conversational Dovahzul. It could have a built-in dictionary so people don't have to flip between windows.

'Course, while I'm familiar with running websites and making rudimentary pages, and I'm a pretty adept hand at coding, I don't really have the knowledge to complete a project like that. Maybe Paarthurnax or someone could help me out?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 11, 2013

I do have the Community Wall up and running in full chat now, though it's more for general tinvaak than strictly Dovahzul tinvaak.

Hosting is expensive, so I would recommend finding an external site to host your chatroom. If you're bent on using your domain, I would create a new site on Wordpress.com and set up tinvaak.com with that site. Here's how you can do that. Then I'd look around for a chat plugin of some kind. This one might suit your purposes.

by paarthurnax
November 11, 2013

I do have the Community Wall up and running in full chat now, though it's more for general tinvaak than strictly Dovahzul tinvaak.

Hosting is expensive, so I would recommend finding an external site to host your chatroom. If you're bent on using your domain, I would create a new site on Wordpress.com and set up tinvaak.com with that site. Here's how you can do that. Then I'd look around for a chat plugin of some kind. This one might suit your purposes.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.