Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Unable to edit posts

Hahdremro
December 19, 2017

For some reason, I can't edit some of my posts today, but I am able to edit others. I'm also not seeing an option to edit a thread I created a while ago

In this thread, I was able to edit my post without an issue, but in this thread I could not. When I try to edit some of my posts, the screen only shows the top toolbar and a link to "Forums" with a right arrow as though I was in a section of the forums, but it doesn't show what section of the forums I am in (such as Site Discussion). 

As for the thread where I could edit my post, my comment didn't show up in the section of my profile that says what I had commented recently. When I click on my profile and go to "View all posts," I don't see that comment, and it is the only comment I have been able to properly edit today. Is this because that thread is on the front page rather than on the forums? If so, why can't I edit my posts in the forums?

Zokinthur in this thread said that he couldn't edit posts either, so I suspect there may be something going on with the forums, especially considering I am having no trouble with editing on the Question Board or in the thread on the main page. It seems there was also a question on the Question Board about someone having difficulty logging in, so I don't know if there's something happening with the server or if something else isn't working correctly.

I get the feeling this thread won't post properly, so I'll copy and paste this text to the thread on the front page if that's the case. Aal rahhe aak dii rotte. If I have to do that, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong place, but I felt it should be brought to the mod team's attention.

by Hahdremro
December 19, 2017

For some reason, I can't edit some of my posts today, but I am able to edit others. I'm also not seeing an option to edit a thread I created a while ago

In this thread, I was able to edit my post without an issue, but in this thread I could not. When I try to edit some of my posts, the screen only shows the top toolbar and a link to "Forums" with a right arrow as though I was in a section of the forums, but it doesn't show what section of the forums I am in (such as Site Discussion). 

As for the thread where I could edit my post, my comment didn't show up in the section of my profile that says what I had commented recently. When I click on my profile and go to "View all posts," I don't see that comment, and it is the only comment I have been able to properly edit today. Is this because that thread is on the front page rather than on the forums? If so, why can't I edit my posts in the forums?

Zokinthur in this thread said that he couldn't edit posts either, so I suspect there may be something going on with the forums, especially considering I am having no trouble with editing on the Question Board or in the thread on the main page. It seems there was also a question on the Question Board about someone having difficulty logging in, so I don't know if there's something happening with the server or if something else isn't working correctly.

I get the feeling this thread won't post properly, so I'll copy and paste this text to the thread on the front page if that's the case. Aal rahhe aak dii rotte. If I have to do that, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong place, but I felt it should be brought to the mod team's attention.

Hahdremro
December 19, 2017

Edit (but not really): There is also a question on the Question Wall about someone having trouble logging in. Seems the site is having a bit of trouble at the moment, but I trust the mods and admin to figure out how to fix it. Just thought I'd bring it up, in case it's related. Had to double post because I couldn't edit the post above.

by Hahdremro
December 19, 2017

Edit (but not really): There is also a question on the Question Wall about someone having trouble logging in. Seems the site is having a bit of trouble at the moment, but I trust the mods and admin to figure out how to fix it. Just thought I'd bring it up, in case it's related. Had to double post because I couldn't edit the post above.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 19, 2017

did just ninja edit the thread page in preparation for some future updates, so maybe I accidentally broke something. I'll look into it!

I'll be sure to look into the user who can't log in. I haven't made any recent changes there - it's probably that the individual forgot their password or mistyped their email with they signed up, so I will try to follow up with them on that.

by paarthurnax
December 19, 2017

did just ninja edit the thread page in preparation for some future updates, so maybe I accidentally broke something. I'll look into it!

I'll be sure to look into the user who can't log in. I haven't made any recent changes there - it's probably that the individual forgot their password or mistyped their email with they signed up, so I will try to follow up with them on that.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 19, 2017

I believe I have this fixed now. Could you check that you have the ability to edit your posts, Hahdremo?

by paarthurnax
December 19, 2017

I believe I have this fixed now. Could you check that you have the ability to edit your posts, Hahdremo?

Hahdremro
December 20, 2017
paarthurnax

I am able to edit my threads now, but I cannot edit any of my posts.

by Hahdremro
December 20, 2017
paarthurnax

I am able to edit my threads now, but I cannot edit any of my posts.

Hahdremro
December 20, 2017

Update: I didn't notice this before, but the thread description, which I'm 90% sure normally shows at the top of a thread, is missing. There is an empty box where it should be, and a number 1 in a smaller white box is showing on the right side of the empty box. Again, I don't know if this related, but it is worth mentioning.

by Hahdremro
December 20, 2017

Update: I didn't notice this before, but the thread description, which I'm 90% sure normally shows at the top of a thread, is missing. There is an empty box where it should be, and a number 1 in a smaller white box is showing on the right side of the empty box. Again, I don't know if this related, but it is worth mentioning.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 20, 2017

You should be able to edit your posts now, too.

I made some layout changes to the page that included changing how the pagination links look and removing the thread description. (I figured it would be redundant with the post content but I can add it back if it feels missing.)

by paarthurnax
December 20, 2017

You should be able to edit your posts now, too.

I made some layout changes to the page that included changing how the pagination links look and removing the thread description. (I figured it would be redundant with the post content but I can add it back if it feels missing.)

Hahdremro
December 21, 2017

I'm able to edit my posts again! Lot zok kogaan, thuri!

If the removal of the thread descriptions within the thread is intentional, then that's fine. I can't think of many cases where the description would be necessary once the thread has been clicked on in the Forums section. The redundancy wasn't much of an issue, in my opinion, but I'm mostly indifferent on the matter. I'm just glad to be able to edit posts again!

by Hahdremro
December 21, 2017

I'm able to edit my posts again! Lot zok kogaan, thuri!

If the removal of the thread descriptions within the thread is intentional, then that's fine. I can't think of many cases where the description would be necessary once the thread has been clicked on in the Forums section. The redundancy wasn't much of an issue, in my opinion, but I'm mostly indifferent on the matter. I'm just glad to be able to edit posts again!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.