Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls Dreams

Zinrahzul
January 2, 2018

Ok, I don't expect a lot of posts, but I have been having various Skyrim-related dreams over the past couple of months, so I'd thought I'd start a thread...

Last night I had a dream where I was captured by a woman who had a dragon named Sulsegraan/Shulsegraan. I was debating in the dream what the name was (it could be both). The name means "Day/Daylight of Fleeing from battle". 

In the other dreams I can remember, there have been various dragons (standard, Revered) that have all been enemies, and I always just fleed from them (as did everyone else)

One of these days, I'll fight one in a dream...

What about you all?

by Zinrahzul
January 2, 2018

Ok, I don't expect a lot of posts, but I have been having various Skyrim-related dreams over the past couple of months, so I'd thought I'd start a thread...

Last night I had a dream where I was captured by a woman who had a dragon named Sulsegraan/Shulsegraan. I was debating in the dream what the name was (it could be both). The name means "Day/Daylight of Fleeing from battle". 

In the other dreams I can remember, there have been various dragons (standard, Revered) that have all been enemies, and I always just fleed from them (as did everyone else)

One of these days, I'll fight one in a dream...

What about you all?

Liis
Administrator
January 7, 2018
The only dream I can remember about TES was a mash-up between Skyrim and Dark Souls. I had armour and weapons of Dark Souls, but the setting and characters were from Skyrim. It was a long time ago, so I barely remember anything besides killing a dragon.
by Liis
January 7, 2018
The only dream I can remember about TES was a mash-up between Skyrim and Dark Souls. I had armour and weapons of Dark Souls, but the setting and characters were from Skyrim. It was a long time ago, so I barely remember anything besides killing a dragon.

Hahdremro
January 8, 2018

One time I had a dream that Sheogorath was trying to sell me Jell-o. All I remember about it was that he wouldn't settle for a price lower than seven zettasquids. I only had three gigasquids with me at the time so I had to settle for getting turned into a tree instead. Then Sheogorath did a jig around my roots while singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth.

This is what happens when I eat pizza before bedtime.

by Hahdremro
January 8, 2018

One time I had a dream that Sheogorath was trying to sell me Jell-o. All I remember about it was that he wouldn't settle for a price lower than seven zettasquids. I only had three gigasquids with me at the time so I had to settle for getting turned into a tree instead. Then Sheogorath did a jig around my roots while singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth.

This is what happens when I eat pizza before bedtime.

Zinrahzul
January 8, 2018
Haha, that's a great one, although the pizza didn't produce Sheogorath, methinks...

I had another one last night:

I was fighting a mage that was moving really quickly and hard to hit. Suddenly he began turning into a werewolf. If I was going to survive, I needed to turn into a werebear first. I successfully did, and defeated him!
by Zinrahzul
January 8, 2018
Haha, that's a great one, although the pizza didn't produce Sheogorath, methinks...

I had another one last night:

I was fighting a mage that was moving really quickly and hard to hit. Suddenly he began turning into a werewolf. If I was going to survive, I needed to turn into a werebear first. I successfully did, and defeated him!

Hahdremro
January 8, 2018

I used to have a lot of dreams about dragons, though they weren't dovah. For a couple years during and after high school, I had a series of dreams involving an anthropomorphic dragon named Araeas Garelli. In these dreams, she and I used to have conversations in Saurian, the conlang I was developing for a while in high school, although once I woke up, I forgot most of the words we had used. Some of the lexicon I was creating did originate from these dreams, however, and I still use a few of the Saurian phrases that this dream dragon "taught" me. (I often use the exclamation "Ga'shuru f'chundai ili'tsavo ga'ron," which, if I remember correctly, very roughly translated to "By the will of the gods may I be saved." Oddly, this phrase doesn't include any of the other words I had created in Saurian, and the pheonemes don't quite reflect the rest of the language as I had written it. It's likely that this phrase was entirely fabricated in my dreams and is completely unrelated to the rest of the language.) Araeas lives on in a few stories I write from time to time, although I stopped having such interesting dreams years ago.

As for Elder Scrolls dreams, I've found that my dreams can be influenced by other media, but rarely by the Elder Scrolls series. I've had dreams where I'm looking up at the Thread-filled sky of Pern. I've had dreams where I'm slinking through the sewers of Waterdeep alongside a pack of were-rats. I've had dreams where I'm standing on the Citadel and chatting it up with a Hanar and a Salarian. But other than that one bizarre Sheogorath dream I mentioned before, I don't remember any dreams that involve TES.

by Hahdremro
January 8, 2018

I used to have a lot of dreams about dragons, though they weren't dovah. For a couple years during and after high school, I had a series of dreams involving an anthropomorphic dragon named Araeas Garelli. In these dreams, she and I used to have conversations in Saurian, the conlang I was developing for a while in high school, although once I woke up, I forgot most of the words we had used. Some of the lexicon I was creating did originate from these dreams, however, and I still use a few of the Saurian phrases that this dream dragon "taught" me. (I often use the exclamation "Ga'shuru f'chundai ili'tsavo ga'ron," which, if I remember correctly, very roughly translated to "By the will of the gods may I be saved." Oddly, this phrase doesn't include any of the other words I had created in Saurian, and the pheonemes don't quite reflect the rest of the language as I had written it. It's likely that this phrase was entirely fabricated in my dreams and is completely unrelated to the rest of the language.) Araeas lives on in a few stories I write from time to time, although I stopped having such interesting dreams years ago.

As for Elder Scrolls dreams, I've found that my dreams can be influenced by other media, but rarely by the Elder Scrolls series. I've had dreams where I'm looking up at the Thread-filled sky of Pern. I've had dreams where I'm slinking through the sewers of Waterdeep alongside a pack of were-rats. I've had dreams where I'm standing on the Citadel and chatting it up with a Hanar and a Salarian. But other than that one bizarre Sheogorath dream I mentioned before, I don't remember any dreams that involve TES.

Zinrahzul
January 8, 2018
For the past couple of months I have been having various references to dovah as enemies that people run away from and fear. I think a couple of times I've had tyrannosaurs in that sort of position, too...
by Zinrahzul
January 8, 2018
For the past couple of months I have been having various references to dovah as enemies that people run away from and fear. I think a couple of times I've had tyrannosaurs in that sort of position, too...

Ruvgein
January 17, 2018

I was thinking of buying Morrowind because it was on sale.  That night I had a dream where I was a Dunmer.  I was with another Dunmer that looked a little like Teldryn Sero (though it wasn't), but younger and less harsh.

I sadly don't remember much, but there was a part where we were running across the top of a giant mushroom.  Seriously, it was At Least a good 30 yards wide. 

Anyway, so we were running from some bad guy on what I now think was a flying Silt Strider, soon enough reaching the edge of the mushroom.  Then Not-Teldryn-Sero was like "You must get out of here"  and shoved me off the Mushroom to heroically sacrifice himself.

The next morning I bought the game.

by Ruvgein
January 17, 2018

I was thinking of buying Morrowind because it was on sale.  That night I had a dream where I was a Dunmer.  I was with another Dunmer that looked a little like Teldryn Sero (though it wasn't), but younger and less harsh.

I sadly don't remember much, but there was a part where we were running across the top of a giant mushroom.  Seriously, it was At Least a good 30 yards wide. 

Anyway, so we were running from some bad guy on what I now think was a flying Silt Strider, soon enough reaching the edge of the mushroom.  Then Not-Teldryn-Sero was like "You must get out of here"  and shoved me off the Mushroom to heroically sacrifice himself.

The next morning I bought the game.

Deyra
January 24, 2018

One dream I remember having, I was in this giant cave with cliffs and an opening at the top of it. I remember looking through the opening and seeing something massive flying overhead that looked like a dragon. I can't remember if I used arrows or if I used the Dragonrend shout or what, but I managed to bring it down. It fell through the opening, landing on this ledge I was standing on. It looked like a Revered dragon, only it was white instead of the usual orange and blue color, and it was much, much bigger. When it fell, the ledge I was standing on actually started to crumble under its weight, so I climbed on top of it and ran across its tail to try and reach the other side of the cave before it fell down the cliff. I remember the tail falling beneath me right as I jumped across, but I woke up before I managed to reach the other side.

by Deyra
January 24, 2018

One dream I remember having, I was in this giant cave with cliffs and an opening at the top of it. I remember looking through the opening and seeing something massive flying overhead that looked like a dragon. I can't remember if I used arrows or if I used the Dragonrend shout or what, but I managed to bring it down. It fell through the opening, landing on this ledge I was standing on. It looked like a Revered dragon, only it was white instead of the usual orange and blue color, and it was much, much bigger. When it fell, the ledge I was standing on actually started to crumble under its weight, so I climbed on top of it and ran across its tail to try and reach the other side of the cave before it fell down the cliff. I remember the tail falling beneath me right as I jumped across, but I woke up before I managed to reach the other side.

Hahdremro
January 25, 2018

Not a TES dream, but I had a dream last night that thuum.org had been blocked on the school computer I usually use to access it. Considering that this site is my only way of contacting the outside world and reminding myself through the day that not everyone is an insensitive jerk, the news that I was cut off from this resource in my dream greatly distressed me, and I ended up spiralling into an even deeper depression than usual. This was one of those dreams in which it didn't occur to me at any time that anything was out of the ordinary, so it was quite a relief to wake up and discover that I can still talk to my friends on here and continue to stave off complete insanity.

by Hahdremro
January 25, 2018

Not a TES dream, but I had a dream last night that thuum.org had been blocked on the school computer I usually use to access it. Considering that this site is my only way of contacting the outside world and reminding myself through the day that not everyone is an insensitive jerk, the news that I was cut off from this resource in my dream greatly distressed me, and I ended up spiralling into an even deeper depression than usual. This was one of those dreams in which it didn't occur to me at any time that anything was out of the ordinary, so it was quite a relief to wake up and discover that I can still talk to my friends on here and continue to stave off complete insanity.

Deyra
January 25, 2018
Hahdremro

Man that would suck if that actually happened. I totally get how you feel about this site, it's a great community on here and everyone's been really welcoming. It's rare to find good places like this amidst all the negitivity. I'm glad it was just a dream and you can still come on!

by Deyra
January 25, 2018
Hahdremro

Man that would suck if that actually happened. I totally get how you feel about this site, it's a great community on here and everyone's been really welcoming. It's rare to find good places like this amidst all the negitivity. I'm glad it was just a dream and you can still come on!

Zinrahzul
June 7, 2018
Another ES dream last night! Two parts, actually. In the first part, I was in a house with a husband and wife huddled in a corner. Two Khajiit came in an asked for refuge against pursuing attackers. The couple allowed them in and they were all sleeping soundly in the corner of the house.

The other part .. was different. I entered a military circuit board repair shop and sat down. The leader of the shop approached me and I told him that I was sent by my military unit to help out... Then he became a (Skyrim) werewolf was going to train me (who was a werewolf as well). Suddenly certain creatures came to attack. They breathed hot volcanic ash streams and looked like demonic horses. I avoided their attacks and stuck them with my claws, killing them. I also struck people who ran toward me and killed them indiscriminately...
by Zinrahzul
June 7, 2018
Another ES dream last night! Two parts, actually. In the first part, I was in a house with a husband and wife huddled in a corner. Two Khajiit came in an asked for refuge against pursuing attackers. The couple allowed them in and they were all sleeping soundly in the corner of the house.

The other part .. was different. I entered a military circuit board repair shop and sat down. The leader of the shop approached me and I told him that I was sent by my military unit to help out... Then he became a (Skyrim) werewolf was going to train me (who was a werewolf as well). Suddenly certain creatures came to attack. They breathed hot volcanic ash streams and looked like demonic horses. I avoided their attacks and stuck them with my claws, killing them. I also struck people who ran toward me and killed them indiscriminately...

Naarspaandrem
October 5, 2018

My dream was almost like @Hahdremro 's. I remember doing a herma-mora black book run on my light warrior argonian the night before. In the dream, I had woken up next to a pile of chickens, and tiny Yian Kut-kus (Monster Hunter), and was just sitting there on a strangely clean bedspread, in total awe... I saw Sheogorath and Mora arguing over something about madness (of course). Anne Marie said something about "What's the point of driving mortals mad to do your bidding, when you don't enjoy the insanity in the fool afterwards?" And then there was weird bubbly sounds coming from Mora. ... and then Sheogorath pointed the wabbajack towards the sky, and then I just saw Miraak falling rag doll style into the abyss below... So weird. I either have boring dreams, or absolutely RANDOM dreams.

by Naarspaandrem
October 5, 2018

My dream was almost like @Hahdremro 's. I remember doing a herma-mora black book run on my light warrior argonian the night before. In the dream, I had woken up next to a pile of chickens, and tiny Yian Kut-kus (Monster Hunter), and was just sitting there on a strangely clean bedspread, in total awe... I saw Sheogorath and Mora arguing over something about madness (of course). Anne Marie said something about "What's the point of driving mortals mad to do your bidding, when you don't enjoy the insanity in the fool afterwards?" And then there was weird bubbly sounds coming from Mora. ... and then Sheogorath pointed the wabbajack towards the sky, and then I just saw Miraak falling rag doll style into the abyss below... So weird. I either have boring dreams, or absolutely RANDOM dreams.

Shezzarine
November 15, 2018

I dreamed i was a Nord in Skyrim. I was standing on the edge of a cliff and Alduin was in front of me, I began to draw back my bow to shoot him, when all of a sudden Batman fell out of the sky and landed on Alduins back. He said "Lets go defeat Superman" and Alduin said "Oh, yeah". The they flew away and i went to Whiterun to get a sweet roll. While i was eating it, Link (From: The legend of zelda) came and Robbed the inn. He and i had a sword duel, which i won. Then Captian America came out of nowhere with Ulfric Stormcloak and they began to singing "The star spangled banner" while doing cartwheels around the room. Then i woke up. 

by Shezzarine
November 15, 2018

I dreamed i was a Nord in Skyrim. I was standing on the edge of a cliff and Alduin was in front of me, I began to draw back my bow to shoot him, when all of a sudden Batman fell out of the sky and landed on Alduins back. He said "Lets go defeat Superman" and Alduin said "Oh, yeah". The they flew away and i went to Whiterun to get a sweet roll. While i was eating it, Link (From: The legend of zelda) came and Robbed the inn. He and i had a sword duel, which i won. Then Captian America came out of nowhere with Ulfric Stormcloak and they began to singing "The star spangled banner" while doing cartwheels around the room. Then i woke up. 

Zinrahzul
November 26, 2018
We'll, not exactly a comprehensive dream, I WAS speaking Dovahzul in my dream last night. Don't know what I said, but it is neat to have my first dream with spoken Dovahzul in it.

Also of note is that a couple of days ago I had a mention of Lojban, another constructed language...
by Zinrahzul
November 26, 2018
We'll, not exactly a comprehensive dream, I WAS speaking Dovahzul in my dream last night. Don't know what I said, but it is neat to have my first dream with spoken Dovahzul in it.

Also of note is that a couple of days ago I had a mention of Lojban, another constructed language...

Zinrahzul
January 2, 2019

Well, last night, although only for a short time, I was fighting Mirmulniir on the south side of West Watchtower. He was a frost dragon. Dunno if I won...

by Zinrahzul
January 2, 2019

Well, last night, although only for a short time, I was fighting Mirmulniir on the south side of West Watchtower. He was a frost dragon. Dunno if I won...

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.