Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"A chilling wind stirs, as if awaiting your command" Cryptic hint in Forelnaar

1  2 > >>  

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

I cant for the life of me figure out how to open this door. I still have the acolytes key(unused) and found a lever that seemingly did nothing. Any help on this bit I have been trying to complete the game and have been translating all the dovahzul I can find in the game in hopes of figuring out this door. what I found thus far follows.

starting room

so pah wo  
meyz

Translation (sorrow all who come)

Epitaph 1

het nok liiv kopraan do sonaak-ahr
Galdah
wo nu praan wah mahfaeraak dein
faal rot rok drey vahriin

Translation (here lies body of priest Galdah who now rests to forever guard the word he did swear)

Hall of stories

wen viing los qeth
wen miin los maar
fent daal fod mu
los pah qahnaar

Translation( whose wing is bone whose mind is terror shall return when we are all vanquished

sed sahrot duul
vo gron do lein
ahrk gaar fin daal
do thur fundein

Translation( from mighty crown undo binding of world and unleash of overlord unfurled

A Weathered Inscription

ahrk faal sonaan drey
zahrahmiin sos ahrk sil
wah bolaav unslaad
suleyk wah faal nil

Translation (and the bard did ? blood and soul to grant unending strength to the void)

A rotting book

krah bolaav niin mulaag
ahrk lingrah laas
niist rinik sos
meyz iiz

Translation (cold grant them strength and long life their very blood becomes cold)

Word wall with chest with the iron claw

bahlok
zok frin ahrk nahkei
wo bovul nunon wah
grind ok daan

Translation(hunger great heat and fury who flees only to meet his doom)

onikaan
ney prem ahrk norok
wo prodah faal vokrii
lingrah us thurii dinok

Translation(wisdom both patient and firce who foretells the revival long before its overlord dies)

sahvot
kiin ko zaamhus
rok alok wah kos
aan zok sahrot sonaan

Translation(belief born in slavory he rises to being a great mighty bard)

Word Wall past iron claw door

sot od do keizaal
ahrk sadon od do dinok
do kruziik qostiid

Translation(white snow of skyrim and grey snow of death of ancient prophesy)

words floating above word wall after puzzle is completed

vol
maar ko vulon
wen rinik suum
komeyt dinok

Translation( horror terror in night whose very breath issues death)

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

I cant for the life of me figure out how to open this door. I still have the acolytes key(unused) and found a lever that seemingly did nothing. Any help on this bit I have been trying to complete the game and have been translating all the dovahzul I can find in the game in hopes of figuring out this door. what I found thus far follows.

starting room

so pah wo  
meyz

Translation (sorrow all who come)

Epitaph 1

het nok liiv kopraan do sonaak-ahr
Galdah
wo nu praan wah mahfaeraak dein
faal rot rok drey vahriin

Translation (here lies body of priest Galdah who now rests to forever guard the word he did swear)

Hall of stories

wen viing los qeth
wen miin los maar
fent daal fod mu
los pah qahnaar

Translation( whose wing is bone whose mind is terror shall return when we are all vanquished

sed sahrot duul
vo gron do lein
ahrk gaar fin daal
do thur fundein

Translation( from mighty crown undo binding of world and unleash of overlord unfurled

A Weathered Inscription

ahrk faal sonaan drey
zahrahmiin sos ahrk sil
wah bolaav unslaad
suleyk wah faal nil

Translation (and the bard did ? blood and soul to grant unending strength to the void)

A rotting book

krah bolaav niin mulaag
ahrk lingrah laas
niist rinik sos
meyz iiz

Translation (cold grant them strength and long life their very blood becomes cold)

Word wall with chest with the iron claw

bahlok
zok frin ahrk nahkei
wo bovul nunon wah
grind ok daan

Translation(hunger great heat and fury who flees only to meet his doom)

onikaan
ney prem ahrk norok
wo prodah faal vokrii
lingrah us thurii dinok

Translation(wisdom both patient and firce who foretells the revival long before its overlord dies)

sahvot
kiin ko zaamhus
rok alok wah kos
aan zok sahrot sonaan

Translation(belief born in slavory he rises to being a great mighty bard)

Word Wall past iron claw door

sot od do keizaal
ahrk sadon od do dinok
do kruziik qostiid

Translation(white snow of skyrim and grey snow of death of ancient prophesy)

words floating above word wall after puzzle is completed

vol
maar ko vulon
wen rinik suum
komeyt dinok

Translation( horror terror in night whose very breath issues death)

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 13, 2018

Good job on the translations! I hope that was all useful practice.

That dragon door was part of a sitewide event a couple of years ago, so the answer to the puzzle isn't actually in Forelnaar itself (though I really ought to add it there).

The words to open the door are: [Ven Rel Bex]

by paarthurnax
January 13, 2018

Good job on the translations! I hope that was all useful practice.

That dragon door was part of a sitewide event a couple of years ago, so the answer to the puzzle isn't actually in Forelnaar itself (though I really ought to add it there).

The words to open the door are: [Ven Rel Bex]

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

Its good to know I wasent missing something becouse I was starting to go a bit crazy. Also adding them would be good considering that anyone who trys the game now will be unable to complete it like I was without outside help.

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

Its good to know I wasent missing something becouse I was starting to go a bit crazy. Also adding them would be good considering that anyone who trys the game now will be unable to complete it like I was without outside help.

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

Update I opened the door translated Onikaans diolouge and retrieved the mask from the chest. This still leaves me at a  dead end with no other rooms to check out and an unsed key any nudgings in the right direction paarth.

update 2 I have pulled 2 switch now and they dont seem to do anything. A third lever is behind some stairs and not able to be clicked on

Update 3 Three switchs now what do they do

Update 4 Found the secret room and its a dead end as well still have the unused key

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

Update I opened the door translated Onikaans diolouge and retrieved the mask from the chest. This still leaves me at a  dead end with no other rooms to check out and an unsed key any nudgings in the right direction paarth.

update 2 I have pulled 2 switch now and they dont seem to do anything. A third lever is behind some stairs and not able to be clicked on

Update 4 Found the secret room and its a dead end as well still have the unused key

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

They may open a hidden door somewhere! Take a thorough look through the dungeon and see if you can find it.

by paarthurnax
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

They may open a hidden door somewhere! Take a thorough look through the dungeon and see if you can find it.

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

After Using F12 to try and make sure I dident miss any rooms  I counted them all 0-28 they were all here so thats not helpful. I have no idea where to go next. I was thinking if say room 17 was missing i could find a connection to it in 16 or 18 but that plan doesent seem to be working.

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

After Using F12 to try and make sure I dident miss any rooms  I counted them all 0-28 they were all here so thats not helpful. I have no idea where to go next. I was thinking if say room 17 was missing i could find a connection to it in 16 or 18 but that plan doesent seem to be working.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

I'll give you a hint, the pathway that opens up is closer to the entrance of the dungeon.

by paarthurnax
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

I'll give you a hint, the pathway that opens up is closer to the entrance of the dungeon.

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018
paarthurnax

I found the secret passage and the sword before you wrote this but Im not sure of what to do now. I feel like not much of the game is left unexplored and I am so close to finishing.

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018
paarthurnax

I found the secret passage and the sword before you wrote this but Im not sure of what to do now. I feel like not much of the game is left unexplored and I am so close to finishing.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

Gotcha! The sword is actually the final piece of the puzzle, so you've fully explored the dungeon now. Sorry for the confusion.

by paarthurnax
January 13, 2018
volgkaaz

Gotcha! The sword is actually the final piece of the puzzle, so you've fully explored the dungeon now. Sorry for the confusion.

volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

Then what is the acolyte key for? does it just do nothing as of now?

by volgkaaz
January 13, 2018

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 14, 2018
volgkaaz

It opens a locked door in the passageways where the Draugr is. Since most players probably acquire the key before they encounter the door and the door only displays a message if the player doesn't possess the key, I see where the confusion is coming from regarding the key. I should add a message to clarify that.

by paarthurnax
January 14, 2018
volgkaaz

It opens a locked door in the passageways where the Draugr is. Since most players probably acquire the key before they encounter the door and the door only displays a message if the player doesn't possess the key, I see where the confusion is coming from regarding the key. I should add a message to clarify that.

DovahKiinZaan
January 14, 2018
If the labyrinth has a dedicated forum post, why doesn't forelnaar?
by DovahKiinZaan
January 14, 2018
If the labyrinth has a dedicated forum post, why doesn't forelnaar?

volgkaaz
January 14, 2018

it does its just more than 6 months old and cant be posted in

by volgkaaz
January 14, 2018

it does its just more than 6 months old and cant be posted in

DovahKing5555
May 21, 2018

What do I do with the ancestral ashes once I get them?

by DovahKing5555
May 21, 2018

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 21, 2018
DovahKing5555

In the room with the giant, blank Dragon Wall, the ashes can be placed on one of the pedestals along with the snow.

by paarthurnax
May 21, 2018
DovahKing5555

In the room with the giant, blank Dragon Wall, the ashes can be placed on one of the pedestals along with the snow.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.