Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[Defunct] The Royal Nordic Court

Players

Ruvgein

Ruvgein
January 31, 2018

Premise: 

The members of a Jarl's court must travel to the Imperial City. As they run into misadventures along the way, will they still have time to see the emperor crowned?

Setting: 

1E 2805, when Reman II becomes Emperor. (Click to learn about him)  We're going from Skyrim to Cyrodiil.

Tone: 

Lighthearted.  No player death.  Things are kept fun and loose, but don't go out of your way to be funny, because that usually falls flat.

Rules: 

• Dialogue must be in Dovahzul.  (ask me for help if you don't think you're very good at the language.)
  • Your character must follow the guidelines below.
  • Don't try to change the story.  (I'm GM so I get final say, though I won't be controling or railroading.)
  • Have fun.

Making your Character:

This RP is about the Jarl's court, and so, in it you will play a member from it.  All 10 of the races you see in-game are playable, but only on certain characters.  The only two rules is that they can't be overpowered (OP) and must be part of the Court, so no random adventurers or Dragonborns, please!

Joining: 

Please, if you are already in another RP here, do not join this one.  I hope to open the door for new players, not the same ten already posting.  We need a new blood on the forums, guys! (and gals)  If you are not in another RP, please join!  If you are uncomfortable posting right away, send me a PM and we can talk about it beforehand.

The Royal Court:

(M = Male, F = Female, A = Any)

Geirald the Brass (Nord, M) - Jarl from Skyrim (Played by Ruvgein)

The Jarl's wife - (race of man, F) (Unclaimed)

The Jarl's child - (mother's race, A) (Unclaimed)

Court Steward - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Court "Clever person" Mage - (race of man or elf, A) (Unclaimed)

Housecarl - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Horsemaster - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Elven Ambassador - (any mer race, A) (Unclaimed)

And more to come!  If you have an idea for a court member, go for it!

The crowing of Reman II was close at hand, and anyone who was anyone would be there.  The High King of Skyrim, the Living Gods of Morrowind, rulers from the Iliac bay and the Elven lands to the far south.

Jarl Geirald, who was called "the Brass" because of his hair, had heard about this crowning.  He was Jarl over a small place, barely large enough for any to think him worthy of the title "Jarl".

Yet Geirald saw an opportunity, a way to get more support for his small land.  He announced to his family and court that they would ready the horses, and soon they were on their way.

Jarl Geirald now sits in one of the royal carriages, wondering what his court thinks of the road so far...

by Ruvgein
January 31, 2018

Premise: 

The members of a Jarl's court must travel to the Imperial City. As they run into misadventures along the way, will they still have time to see the emperor crowned?

Setting: 

1E 2805, when Reman II becomes Emperor. (Click to learn about him)  We're going from Skyrim to Cyrodiil.

Tone: 

Lighthearted.  No player death.  Things are kept fun and loose, but don't go out of your way to be funny, because that usually falls flat.

Rules: 

• Dialogue must be in Dovahzul.  (ask me for help if you don't think you're very good at the language.)
  • Your character must follow the guidelines below.
  • Don't try to change the story.  (I'm GM so I get final say, though I won't be controling or railroading.)
  • Have fun.

Making your Character:

This RP is about the Jarl's court, and so, in it you will play a member from it.  All 10 of the races you see in-game are playable, but only on certain characters.  The only two rules is that they can't be overpowered (OP) and must be part of the Court, so no random adventurers or Dragonborns, please!

Joining: 

Please, if you are already in another RP here, do not join this one.  I hope to open the door for new players, not the same ten already posting.  We need a new blood on the forums, guys! (and gals)  If you are not in another RP, please join!  If you are uncomfortable posting right away, send me a PM and we can talk about it beforehand.

The Royal Court:

(M = Male, F = Female, A = Any)

Geirald the Brass (Nord, M) - Jarl from Skyrim (Played by Ruvgein)

The Jarl's wife - (race of man, F) (Unclaimed)

The Jarl's child - (mother's race, A) (Unclaimed)

Court Steward - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Court "Clever person" Mage - (race of man or elf, A) (Unclaimed)

Housecarl - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Horsemaster - (any race, A) (Unclaimed)

Elven Ambassador - (any mer race, A) (Unclaimed)

And more to come!  If you have an idea for a court member, go for it!

The crowing of Reman II was close at hand, and anyone who was anyone would be there.  The High King of Skyrim, the Living Gods of Morrowind, rulers from the Iliac bay and the Elven lands to the far south.

Jarl Geirald, who was called "the Brass" because of his hair, had heard about this crowning.  He was Jarl over a small place, barely large enough for any to think him worthy of the title "Jarl".

Yet Geirald saw an opportunity, a way to get more support for his small land.  He announced to his family and court that they would ready the horses, and soon they were on their way.

Jarl Geirald now sits in one of the royal carriages, wondering what his court thinks of the road so far...

Paalviinsik
February 14, 2018

J'allor

Khajiit

Male

21 years old

Parents abandoned him as a kitten after he was born, he never knew his parents as they sold him to slavers. Became housecarl at the age of 17 when he saved the Jarl's child in a kitchen fire.

Doesn't trust new people as much, since he was sold to slavers, polite when you get to know him and he get's to know you, trusts the jarl with his life.

Strong, can see in the dark, scared of new people, weak against magic.

Possess an ebony armour and weapon set.

Wishes to get revenge on his parents, as well as return home to Elsweyr.

"[Dii bronjun, kolos fen mu bo nu daar Reman wahl drem voth fin bron?]" J'allor asked the jarl while J'allor walks back to Geirald.

by Paalviinsik
February 14, 2018

J'allor

Khajiit

Male

21 years old

Parents abandoned him as a kitten after he was born, he never knew his parents as they sold him to slavers. Became housecarl at the age of 17 when he saved the Jarl's child in a kitchen fire.

Doesn't trust new people as much, since he was sold to slavers, polite when you get to know him and he get's to know you, trusts the jarl with his life.

Strong, can see in the dark, scared of new people, weak against magic.

Possess an ebony armour and weapon set.

Wishes to get revenge on his parents, as well as return home to Elsweyr.

"[Dii bronjun, kolos fen mu bo nu daar Reman wahl drem voth fin bron?]" J'allor asked the jarl while J'allor walks back to Geirald.

Ruvgein
February 14, 2018
Became housecarl at the age of 17 when he saved the Jarl's child from s Dark Brotherhood assassin who threatened to kill the child if the jarl doesn't pay 50,000 gold.

Now, this is something called "godmodding"  it means you're taking control of another character without asking them.  You should read the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines (click here for link) before posting in an RP.

Secondly, you mention both the Dark Brotherhood and the Nightengales, both Skyrim things that weren't around at the time this RP is set.

Also part of the rules is that you have to advance the story with your post!  Geirald wondered what his companions though about the trip so far, this is where you write what J'allor thinks of it. 

I encourage you to look at this RP (click here for link) for what we're looking for!

by Ruvgein
February 14, 2018
Became housecarl at the age of 17 when he saved the Jarl's child from s Dark Brotherhood assassin who threatened to kill the child if the jarl doesn't pay 50,000 gold.

Now, this is something called "godmodding"  it means you're taking control of another character without asking them.  You should read the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines (click here for link) before posting in an RP.

Secondly, you mention both the Dark Brotherhood and the Nightengales, both Skyrim things that weren't around at the time this RP is set.

Also part of the rules is that you have to advance the story with your post!  Geirald wondered what his companions though about the trip so far, this is where you write what J'allor thinks of it. 

I encourage you to look at this RP (click here for link) for what we're looking for!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.