Volziinos Zahkr
March 7, 2018
Are there translations for all of the Gods, aside from Akatosh
by Volziinos Zahkr
March 7, 2018
Are there translations for all of the Gods, aside from Akatosh

Hahdremro
March 8, 2018

Atmora isn't a god, it's the region to the north of Skyrim, where the Nords originally came from.

Akatosh only has a name in the dragon language because of his relation to the dov. They call him Bormahu, "Our Father," which wouldn't work for anyone except a dovah. Only the dov call him that.

As for the other gods, they don't have official names, but you can create words to describe them anyway. For example, Julianos could be Rahselah, "God-of-Magic."

The same idea could be used for most of the Divines and possibly some of the Daedric Princes as well. Sheogorath might be Deyrasetahrovin, "Daedra-of-Chaos."

Be creative, as some of the deities' domains don't have direct canonical translations. Dibella would be tricky because there's no canon word for "love." Instead, you could use Rahsesmoliin, "God-of-Passion."

I think it would be fun to use this thread to come up with some creative dragon language names for gods in the Elder Scrolls universe!

by Hahdremro
March 8, 2018

Atmora isn't a god, it's the region to the north of Skyrim, where the Nords originally came from.

Akatosh only has a name in the dragon language because of his relation to the dov. They call him Bormahu, "Our Father," which wouldn't work for anyone except a dovah. Only the dov call him that.

As for the other gods, they don't have official names, but you can create words to describe them anyway. For example, Julianos could be Rahselah, "God-of-Magic."

The same idea could be used for most of the Divines and possibly some of the Daedric Princes as well. Sheogorath might be Deyrasetahrovin, "Daedra-of-Chaos."

Be creative, as some of the deities' domains don't have direct canonical translations. Dibella would be tricky because there's no canon word for "love." Instead, you could use Rahsesmoliin, "God-of-Passion."

I think it would be fun to use this thread to come up with some creative dragon language names for gods in the Elder Scrolls universe!

Volziinos Zahkr
March 12, 2018
@Hahdremro Oh yeah... Atmora isn't... Haha, I forgot. Anyway, alright!
by Volziinos Zahkr
March 12, 2018
@Hahdremro Oh yeah... Atmora isn't... Haha, I forgot. Anyway, alright!

Zinrahzul
March 12, 2018

I personally don't see why you couldn't just use their names as given by ES lore...

by Zinrahzul
March 12, 2018

I personally don't see why you couldn't just use their names as given by ES lore...

Hahdremro
March 13, 2018
Zinrahzul

Oh, you could say "Hircine" in the middle of a Dovahzul sentence, but which sound better to you?

-Thur do ah los Hircine wo aak ronaaz.

-Thur do ah los Deyrasenir wo aak ronaaz.

I think that we could use the "alternate" names interchangeably with the original names, but using the Dovahzul version of a name could sometimes make the sentence fit together better. Keeps the phonemes consistent, you know?

by Hahdremro
March 13, 2018
Zinrahzul

Oh, you could say "Hircine" in the middle of a Dovahzul sentence, but which sound better to you?

-Thur do ah los Hircine wo aak ronaaz.

-Thur do ah los Deyrasenir wo aak ronaaz.

I think that we could use the "alternate" names interchangeably with the original names, but using the Dovahzul version of a name could sometimes make the sentence fit together better. Keeps the phonemes consistent, you know?

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
You could just call Hircine Drogsenir. I found that in the Legacy Archives. Its made of canon words. Lord of the Hunt.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
You could just call Hircine Drogsenir. I found that in the Legacy Archives. Its made of canon words. Lord of the Hunt.

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
Also they call Kyne 'Kaan'. Kyne is an aspect of Kynareth. So you can call Kynareth Kaan as well.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
Also they call Kyne 'Kaan'. Kyne is an aspect of Kynareth. So you can call Kynareth Kaan as well.

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

Again, editing a post isn't more difficult than creating a new post, even on mobile. Please condense your posts.

This translation actually holds up as canon, and would work in a canon translation. I hadn't even considered using drog instead of deyra for translating the names Daedric Princes. I'll have to use this in the future!

Kyne is actually somewhat different from Kynareth. Kyne, or Kaan, is from the Nordic pantheon, whereas Kynareth is from the Imperial pantheon. Followers of the Nine Divines (or the Eight, depending) see Kyne and Kynareth as one and the same, but followers of the Nordic pantheon see Kynareth as a "pale shadow" of Kyne. She's one of the most interesting deities in the series, in my opinion, and you can read more about her on the UESP wiki HERE.

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

Again, editing a post isn't more difficult than creating a new post, even on mobile. Please condense your posts.

This translation actually holds up as canon, and would work in a canon translation. I hadn't even considered using drog instead of deyra for translating the names Daedric Princes. I'll have to use this in the future!

Kyne is actually somewhat different from Kynareth. Kyne, or Kaan, is from the Nordic pantheon, whereas Kynareth is from the Imperial pantheon. Followers of the Nine Divines (or the Eight, depending) see Kyne and Kynareth as one and the same, but followers of the Nordic pantheon see Kynareth as a "pale shadow" of Kyne. She's one of the most interesting deities in the series, in my opinion, and you can read more about her on the UESP wiki HERE.

Volziinos Zahkr
June 14, 2018
@Hahdremro ooh, quite interesting! I'll have to read up more on that! Also, that is a good idea, kogaan!
by Volziinos Zahkr
June 14, 2018
@Hahdremro ooh, quite interesting! I'll have to read up more on that! Also, that is a good idea, kogaan!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.