Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul 101 Audio Series/Podcast/Songs

1  2 > >>  

Frinovdun
March 17, 2018

I had an idea for an audio series for learning Dovahzul. I thought this would be fun since I noticed that on YouTube there aren't very many videos or songs for learning Dovahzul or that are in Dovahzul. I thought it could help others learn the language in a different way but also maybe get more things in dovah out there for people to enjoy. I always thought it would be nice to be able to listen to songs and learn Dovahzul on the go. Please let me know if you're interested! 

by Frinovdun
March 17, 2018

I had an idea for an audio series for learning Dovahzul. I thought this would be fun since I noticed that on YouTube there aren't very many videos or songs for learning Dovahzul or that are in Dovahzul. I thought it could help others learn the language in a different way but also maybe get more things in dovah out there for people to enjoy. I always thought it would be nice to be able to listen to songs and learn Dovahzul on the go. Please let me know if you're interested! 

Zinrahzul
March 18, 2018
Just as in your other endeavor, I'm interested.
by Zinrahzul
March 18, 2018
Just as in your other endeavor, I'm interested.

Fronlaasfrin
March 21, 2018

as am I.

by Fronlaasfrin
March 21, 2018

as am I.

Frinovdun
March 21, 2018
As a note for everyone, this would be a canon only series.
by Frinovdun
March 21, 2018
As a note for everyone, this would be a canon only series.

Zinrahzul
March 21, 2018

Yesss! I'm even more definitely in it, now.

by Zinrahzul
March 21, 2018

Yesss! I'm even more definitely in it, now.

Fronlaasfrin
March 22, 2018

I only know canon, so that makes it easier.

by Fronlaasfrin
March 22, 2018

I only know canon, so that makes it easier.

Nuzjorillek 986
March 24, 2018
Yes .l am interested!!!
by Nuzjorillek 986
March 24, 2018
Yes .l am interested!!!

Daraya
March 24, 2018

of course, great idea!

by Daraya
March 24, 2018

of course, great idea!

Hahdremro
March 28, 2018

I've been told time and time again that I have a voice that would be perfect for radio/YouTube/podcasts, but I've never really tried it before. If I can lend some voice talent, as well as have more of a reason to keep writing more songs in Dovahzul, then I'd be happy to help out!

by Hahdremro
March 28, 2018

I've been told time and time again that I have a voice that would be perfect for radio/YouTube/podcasts, but I've never really tried it before. If I can lend some voice talent, as well as have more of a reason to keep writing more songs in Dovahzul, then I'd be happy to help out!

Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
Iriskitsune, what ideas do you have for the podcast? What format might it be in?
by Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
Iriskitsune, what ideas do you have for the podcast? What format might it be in?

Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Hahdremro We definitely need voice talent and song writers! You are more than welcome to join the team!
by Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Hahdremro We definitely need voice talent and song writers! You are more than welcome to join the team!

Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul The podcast would either be on YouTube or SoundCloud, and would be available for anyone to download and listen to on the go. The listener would learn common phrases, the rules of the language, and hopefully the entire canon dictionary, among other things. Everything you need to know about learning Dovahzul would be in this series.
by Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul The podcast would either be on YouTube or SoundCloud, and would be available for anyone to download and listen to on the go. The listener would learn common phrases, the rules of the language, and hopefully the entire canon dictionary, among other things. Everything you need to know about learning Dovahzul would be in this series.

Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
I definitely understand that, but I was thinking more about what the formats of the podcast would be. how would you introduce the lesson? What segments would be in the podcast? How long would it be? Things like that...
by Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
I definitely understand that, but I was thinking more about what the formats of the podcast would be. how would you introduce the lesson? What segments would be in the podcast? How long would it be? Things like that...

Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul Each lesson would be about 5 minutes long, maybe 10 at most. A quick summary of what the listener would learn in that lesson would be the introduction. Segments could include how or when to use certain phrases and words, and give a detailed background if each. (Example sentences, notes, connotations, etc.)
by Frinovdun
March 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul Each lesson would be about 5 minutes long, maybe 10 at most. A quick summary of what the listener would learn in that lesson would be the introduction. Segments could include how or when to use certain phrases and words, and give a detailed background if each. (Example sentences, notes, connotations, etc.)

Hahdremro
April 3, 2018

It would make sense to use lines directly from the game to use as examples of usage. The "Usage" section of each Dictionary page even gives the line ID for each line, which would make it much easier!

We could even show the same line from different dubs of the game, to compare and contrast the pronunciation. Putting Paarthurnax's and Alduin's English voices right next to their voiceovers from another language would be interesting and give some good context for how to pronounce the words. That's well within the limits of fair use, so it wouldn't be against copyright laws, especially if we end or begin each episode with a disclaimer saying we're not affiliated with Bethesda. Gotta be careful about that kind of thing.

by Hahdremro
April 3, 2018

It would make sense to use lines directly from the game to use as examples of usage. The "Usage" section of each Dictionary page even gives the line ID for each line, which would make it much easier!

We could even show the same line from different dubs of the game, to compare and contrast the pronunciation. Putting Paarthurnax's and Alduin's English voices right next to their voiceovers from another language would be interesting and give some good context for how to pronounce the words. That's well within the limits of fair use, so it wouldn't be against copyright laws, especially if we end or begin each episode with a disclaimer saying we're not affiliated with Bethesda. Gotta be careful about that kind of thing.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.