Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Juvenile Dov

Vuldovyol
May 8, 2018

I wonder what would happen if Juvenile Dov existed?

by Vuldovyol
May 8, 2018

I wonder what would happen if Juvenile Dov existed?

DovahKiinZaan
May 11, 2018

As in young, or immature?

by DovahKiinZaan
May 11, 2018

As in young, or immature?

Vuldovyol
May 14, 2018

yes

by Vuldovyol
May 14, 2018

yes

Hahdremro
May 14, 2018

The existence of younger dragons would mean that they would have a life cycle, meaning they'd be mortal, meaning they wouldn't be true dovah. In other words, they'd just be generic dragons from any other fantasy setting, and they would lose much of what makes them so interesting in the Elder Scrolls series. I prefer them as lesser Aedra, akin to weak gods. Makes it more fun to slay them when they attack my house out of nowhere and eat my dang cow.

by Hahdremro
May 14, 2018

The existence of younger dragons would mean that they would have a life cycle, meaning they'd be mortal, meaning they wouldn't be true dovah. In other words, they'd just be generic dragons from any other fantasy setting, and they would lose much of what makes them so interesting in the Elder Scrolls series. I prefer them as lesser Aedra, akin to weak gods. Makes it more fun to slay them when they attack my house out of nowhere and eat my dang cow.

Sildolok
May 15, 2018
Hahdremro

I think i've cycled through like 20 chickens in my longest save.

by Sildolok
May 15, 2018
Hahdremro

I think i've cycled through like 20 chickens in my longest save.

Vuldovyol
May 15, 2018

So do they just pop into existince?

by Vuldovyol
May 15, 2018

Hahdremro
May 15, 2018
Vuldovyol

No, as lesser Aedra, they simply exist. They always were, they always are, and if they are not slain by someone with the sould of a dovah, they always shall be. They do not reproduce, so each time one is slain, the race is forever decreased in number. Check out the UESP Wiki page on the dov HERE for more information on their race. 

by Hahdremro
May 15, 2018
Vuldovyol

No, as lesser Aedra, they simply exist. They always were, they always are, and if they are not slain by someone with the sould of a dovah, they always shall be. They do not reproduce, so each time one is slain, the race is forever decreased in number. Check out the UESP Wiki page on the dov HERE for more information on their race. 

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
I've always thought of it like this. They can reproduce. They have males and females. However, at a certain point they simply cease to age. Kinda like how the Greeks imagoned their gods.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
I've always thought of it like this. They can reproduce. They have males and females. However, at a certain point they simply cease to age. Kinda like how the Greeks imagoned their gods.

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

That is objectively false. They are Lesser Aedra, and do not reproduce like mortals. However, this is an interesting viewpoint, and could be fun to incorporate into other stories. The Greeks really knew what they were doing when it came to storytelling.

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

That is objectively false. They are Lesser Aedra, and do not reproduce like mortals. However, this is an interesting viewpoint, and could be fun to incorporate into other stories. The Greeks really knew what they were doing when it came to storytelling.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.