Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Using Dovahzul-commands

Crotha
November 16, 2013

Drem!

I have a pretty young dog - she knows a few of the standard commands, but not really many.
My main problem is - because of work I am away about five days a month, and the dog sitter (a really nice, older lady with a huge garden and three dogs of her own) is using the standard commands as...well, for everything - thus they are just "recommendations" for the dog any longer :(

Well, I thought of teaching her (the dog) again the commands, but just in a different language (the sitter can only speak german) - I at first thought of english, but well: Dovahzul - If I can learn it, she will too :D

So, you have some ideas on command-words?
I thought of the following:

kriist - "stand", so the dogs stops and stands
nok - like "down" - to lie on the ground
praal - to sit

Any other ideas? 
The one where the dog has to go with its shoulder by your knee? ("Fuss" im Deutschen) - Parq?
This is pretty similar to praal and might prove a problem.
Also some sort of "no" or "stop": I thought of siz - lose. This is a nice word to say strongly (you know, snakelike sizzling through your teeth in a deep voice xD)

Any thoughts or ideas?
Or any other commands? ;)

Kogaan!

by Crotha
November 16, 2013

Drem!

I have a pretty young dog - she knows a few of the standard commands, but not really many.
My main problem is - because of work I am away about five days a month, and the dog sitter (a really nice, older lady with a huge garden and three dogs of her own) is using the standard commands as...well, for everything - thus they are just "recommendations" for the dog any longer :(

Well, I thought of teaching her (the dog) again the commands, but just in a different language (the sitter can only speak german) - I at first thought of english, but well: Dovahzul - If I can learn it, she will too :D

So, you have some ideas on command-words?
I thought of the following:

kriist - "stand", so the dogs stops and stands
nok - like "down" - to lie on the ground
praal - to sit

Any other ideas? 
The one where the dog has to go with its shoulder by your knee? ("Fuss" im Deutschen) - Parq?
This is pretty similar to praal and might prove a problem.
Also some sort of "no" or "stop": I thought of siz - lose. This is a nice word to say strongly (you know, snakelike sizzling through your teeth in a deep voice xD)

Any thoughts or ideas?
Or any other commands? ;)

Kogaan!

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 16, 2013

"Meyz" for "come" or "heel" would work! "Nok" is great, too. You also might want to have a word for "walk", "Paagol".

by paarthurnax
November 16, 2013

"Meyz" for "come" or "heel" would work! "Nok" is great, too. You also might want to have a word for "walk", "Paagol".

Crotha
November 16, 2013

Meyz is a nice word! Kogaani!
Also Paagol for "walk" is better than parq :)

Many a thanks =)

by Crotha
November 16, 2013

Meyz is a nice word! Kogaani!
Also Paagol for "walk" is better than parq :)

Many a thanks =)

Ahmuldein
May 30, 2014

Charlotte get over here, I have a new language for you!

by Ahmuldein
May 30, 2014

Charlotte get over here, I have a new language for you!

FoggyPaws
June 3, 2014

I was thinking about this last night actually, If/when I have the space and money for a dog, I'm totally going to train them in Dovahzul

by FoggyPaws
June 3, 2014

I was thinking about this last night actually, If/when I have the space and money for a dog, I'm totally going to train them in Dovahzul

Jacoboco
June 9, 2014

LOL. I've thought about that quite a few times over the time that I've been learning Dovahzul. But my two dogs have already been taught in english so I cant. But when I have my own house and dog. I will do this.

by Jacoboco
June 9, 2014

LOL. I've thought about that quite a few times over the time that I've been learning Dovahzul. But my two dogs have already been taught in english so I cant. But when I have my own house and dog. I will do this.

Mahlaansaviik
June 15, 2014

Hmm. Any ideas for a creative dovahzul dog name?

by Mahlaansaviik
June 15, 2014

Hmm. Any ideas for a creative dovahzul dog name?

Crotha
June 19, 2014

I wanted to call my dog "Vahlok" or "Vokul" (depending on the first day with the puppy ^^) but in the end I got a girl, so none of the names was appropriate :(

by Crotha
June 19, 2014

I wanted to call my dog "Vahlok" or "Vokul" (depending on the first day with the puppy ^^) but in the end I got a girl, so none of the names was appropriate :(

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.