Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Riddles

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 29, 2018

Since it may be some time before we get more Mey-Rot Mondays here is a sort of stand in so we aren't entirely devoid of riddles. You don't have to speak fluently to post (I don't) but to keep things clean I ask that you follow these rules before posting your riddle;

1) Use canon vocabulary.

2) Don't just use the translator, like said you don't need to be fluent but try to make sure it makes sense.

3) Wait until the previous riddle has been solved to post a new one, unless one week has passed without it being solved.

4) The answer needs to be something found in Skyrim and not contain questline spoilers.

Happy puzzling!

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 29, 2018

Since it may be some time before we get more Mey-Rot Mondays here is a sort of stand in so we aren't entirely devoid of riddles. You don't have to speak fluently to post (I don't) but to keep things clean I ask that you follow these rules before posting your riddle;

1) Use canon vocabulary.

2) Don't just use the translator, like said you don't need to be fluent but try to make sure it makes sense.

3) Wait until the previous riddle has been solved to post a new one, unless one week has passed without it being solved.

4) The answer needs to be something found in Skyrim and not contain questline spoilers.

Happy puzzling!

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 29, 2018

Here's the first riddle!

[Bo siiv zu'u nau daar naar]

[ahrk mah voth ahkrin ahrk dun]

[Wah hon lovaasi ahrk mindok do balaan tinvaak]

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 29, 2018

Here's the first riddle!

[Bo siiv zu'u nau daar naar]

[ahrk mah voth ahkrin ahrk dun]

[Wah hon lovaasi ahrk mindok do balaan tinvaak]

Shezzarine
November 16, 2018

Paarthurnax?

by Shezzarine
November 16, 2018

Paarthurnax?

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 16, 2018

[nid] Nope. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 16, 2018

[nid] Nope. :)

Shezzarine
November 16, 2018

Jurgen windcaller?

by Shezzarine
November 16, 2018

Jurgen windcaller?

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 17, 2018

Good guess but no.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 17, 2018

Good guess but no.

Zinrahzul
November 19, 2018
Hmn, I definitely know a place or two that fits the first part, but the second part doesn't fit in that idea. I'll have to think a little bit...

My two guesses are Kegrenzel, which has you climb a mountain then drop down, but I don't remember any word or song involved, and Darkfall cave, where you also fall down, but end up in the valley where you pick up a word wall with the two dovah...
by Zinrahzul
November 19, 2018
Hmn, I definitely know a place or two that fits the first part, but the second part doesn't fit in that idea. I'll have to think a little bit...

My two guesses are Kegrenzel, which has you climb a mountain then drop down, but I don't remember any word or song involved, and Darkfall cave, where you also fall down, but end up in the valley where you pick up a word wall with the two dovah...

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 19, 2018

Also good guesses, but not the right ones. The "lovaas" is very important. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 19, 2018

Also good guesses, but not the right ones. The "lovaas" is very important. :)

Zinrahzul
November 23, 2018
Ok, figured it out ... You definitely need to know locations in the game -- Bard's Leap in the Reach. It's the point you climb to and jump off of to get the Bard's ghost to appear and sing you a song and gives you speech experience.
by Zinrahzul
November 23, 2018
Ok, figured it out ... You definitely need to know locations in the game -- Bard's Leap in the Reach. It's the point you climb to and jump off of to get the Bard's ghost to appear and sing you a song and gives you speech experience.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 23, 2018

Hi tinvaak vahzen! You are absolutely correct! :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 23, 2018

Hi tinvaak vahzen! You are absolutely correct! :)

Sonaak Kroinlah
March 5, 2019

New riddle, this one's pretty easy. :)

[Zu'u gahrot pogaan tiid]

[ahrk vahlokke tovit naar ahrk tum]

[Fah zu'u drun lot voso wah pah wo naak zu'u]

[Wo los hi]

by Sonaak Kroinlah
March 5, 2019

New riddle, this one's pretty easy. :)

[Zu'u gahrot pogaan tiid]

[ahrk vahlokke tovit naar ahrk tum]

[Fah zu'u drun lot voso wah pah wo naak zu'u]

[Wo los hi]

Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

Ahhh, zu'u ni mindoraan! I get it ... I think! A sweetroll! (or whoever stole it that the guards are mentioning)

by Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

Ahhh, zu'u ni mindoraan! I get it ... I think! A sweetroll! (or whoever stole it that the guards are mentioning)

Sonaak Kroinlah
April 1, 2019

Hi tinvaak vahzen! The answer is indeed a sweetroll! :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
April 1, 2019

Hi tinvaak vahzen! The answer is indeed a sweetroll! :)

Sonaak Kroinlah
April 25, 2019

This post has been deleted.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
April 25, 2019

This post has been deleted.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.