Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What an "outsider" would be referred to as.

Nahlotaar
January 17, 2019

I've been writing a story about a nation's past and Thuum is the ancient language of my personal country. At a certain point of their history, they waged war on invaders, but I don't know how to describe them as "outsiders," sadly. I need a bit of help with that.

by Nahlotaar
January 17, 2019

I've been writing a story about a nation's past and Thuum is the ancient language of my personal country. At a certain point of their history, they waged war on invaders, but I don't know how to describe them as "outsiders," sadly. I need a bit of help with that.

Ercal
January 17, 2019

that cool

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

that cool

Fusdoiiz
January 18, 2019

How about "[GutGoltKendov]" - Far Land Warrior?

by Fusdoiiz
January 18, 2019

How about "[GutGoltKendov]" - Far Land Warrior?

Sonaak Kroinlah
January 18, 2019

"Volaan" is "intruder" so that might work.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
January 18, 2019

"Volaan" is "intruder" so that might work.

Zinrahzul
January 18, 2019
Alternatively vofron (un-kin/family), or even descriptively "ni nol het/daar golt/junaar" (not from here/this place/kingdom)
by Zinrahzul
January 18, 2019
Alternatively vofron (un-kin/family), or even descriptively "ni nol het/daar golt/junaar" (not from here/this place/kingdom)

Aaliizah
January 26, 2019
Perhaps “vomindok muz”? I also agree that “volaan” would work well, probably best, if you’re looking for the most canonical option.
by Aaliizah
January 26, 2019
Perhaps “vomindok muz”? I also agree that “volaan” would work well, probably best, if you’re looking for the most canonical option.

DovahKiinZaan
January 30, 2019

Depends on the type of country, 'vofron' works extremely well for a close country, almost like a villiage.

Ps. I didn't see Zin's response, but I do now.

by DovahKiinZaan
January 30, 2019

Depends on the type of country, 'vofron' works extremely well for a close country, almost like a villiage.

Ps. I didn't see Zin's response, but I do now.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.