Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Opinions on a Dovahzul based D&D/Pathfinder campaign?

blazewolf11341
February 2, 2019

Does anyone have any ideas or sugestions?

by blazewolf11341
February 2, 2019

Does anyone have any ideas or sugestions?

Liis
Administrator
February 2, 2019
I've moved this thread to the forum "Dragon Language Discussion" to fit the criteria.
by Liis
February 2, 2019
I've moved this thread to the forum "Dragon Language Discussion" to fit the criteria.

blazewolf11341
February 2, 2019
Liis

Okay, thanks!

by blazewolf11341
February 2, 2019
Liis

Okay, thanks!

Muddic
February 15, 2019

The setting that we use is a barbaric settings. For us this setting works really well with the limited amount of words. To be able to have a conversation through speaking it was required for us to add around 400 non-canon words. This allows the speaker to make non-abstract sentences, greatly improving the speed at which conversations can be done.

Our dungeon master is fluent in dovahzul, this is helping a lot in making the setting to be more alive. One player is near fluent, one other player is starting to understand the languague and I am somewhere in the middle.

One thing that really helps is having a selfmade dictionary. 

by Muddic
February 15, 2019

The setting that we use is a barbaric settings. For us this setting works really well with the limited amount of words. To be able to have a conversation through speaking it was required for us to add around 400 non-canon words. This allows the speaker to make non-abstract sentences, greatly improving the speed at which conversations can be done.

Our dungeon master is fluent in dovahzul, this is helping a lot in making the setting to be more alive. One player is near fluent, one other player is starting to understand the languague and I am somewhere in the middle.

DovahkiinG
March 4, 2019
Muddic

Based on that I'm assuming the roleplaying is 100% in Dovahzul, that's really cool.  I'm far from fluent, so I can add much to that, but I've played a fair amount of pathfinder. I feel like you'd be limited in classes you could pick in a barbaric time, when skyrim was ruled by dragons that would likely grant out magic sparingly and since they are learned from books in TES I'd imagine mortal culture hasn't develeped advanced spells of their own. Would there be shouts? If so they could be special abilities(granted perhaps by Paarthurnax.) This could help make everyone's character stand out from one another. If you limited the number of shout words you could learn, it would force characters to specialize. 

Additionally, a lot PF spells closely resemble several shouts and you could use your Linguistics to somehow set DC and casterlevel.

Hydrolic push could easily be Fus Ro Dah and learning additional words could increase the DC or number of characters you can affect. Elemental fury is a lot like haste and fire breath is... well fire breath. 

by DovahkiinG
March 4, 2019
Muddic

Based on that I'm assuming the roleplaying is 100% in Dovahzul, that's really cool.  I'm far from fluent, so I can add much to that, but I've played a fair amount of pathfinder. I feel like you'd be limited in classes you could pick in a barbaric time, when skyrim was ruled by dragons that would likely grant out magic sparingly and since they are learned from books in TES I'd imagine mortal culture hasn't develeped advanced spells of their own. Would there be shouts? If so they could be special abilities(granted perhaps by Paarthurnax.) This could help make everyone's character stand out from one another. If you limited the number of shout words you could learn, it would force characters to specialize. 

Additionally, a lot PF spells closely resemble several shouts and you could use your Linguistics to somehow set DC and casterlevel.

Hydrolic push could easily be Fus Ro Dah and learning additional words could increase the DC or number of characters you can affect. Elemental fury is a lot like haste and fire breath is... well fire breath. 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.