Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Would appreciate any Input

Anataron
March 14, 2019

Greetings, 

I was wondering which of the two versions below would be considered more appropriate for a written form of dovahzul.  From what I could gather using the Translator and the respective Dictionary Entries I think the first version would be considered formal and only, if at all, used in writing, while the second version would be more speech-adjusted.

Zu'u los faal spaan fah dii fahdonne
Frin wah ofan pah do zu'u fah niin
Kreh ni krent
Ahraan ni viik
Sindugahvon ulse

or: 

Zu'u faal spaan fah dii fahdonne
Frin ofan pah fah niin
Kreh ni krent
Ahraan ni viik
Sindugahvon ulse

Here is the translation I want to achieve - where Companions is more in the sense of Friends than in the sense of allies.

I am the Shield for my Companions
Eager to give all (of me) for them
Bent not broken
Wounded not defeated
Unyielding for Eternity

I would be thankful for any suggestions to improve the translations, be it wording or grammar.

Kind Regards,

Anataron

Edit: Also, just for the sake of disclosure - I did post a similar question on the Q&A Board, but wanted to have the chance to discuss it a little more in depth, which isn't the purpose of the Q&A Board .. which is why I posted it here aswell. I do hope that isn't a problem. 

by Anataron
March 14, 2019

Greetings, 

I was wondering which of the two versions below would be considered more appropriate for a written form of dovahzul.  From what I could gather using the Translator and the respective Dictionary Entries I think the first version would be considered formal and only, if at all, used in writing, while the second version would be more speech-adjusted.

Zu'u los faal spaan fah dii fahdonne
Frin wah ofan pah do zu'u fah niin
Kreh ni krent
Ahraan ni viik
Sindugahvon ulse

or: 

Zu'u faal spaan fah dii fahdonne
Frin ofan pah fah niin
Kreh ni krent
Ahraan ni viik
Sindugahvon ulse

Here is the translation I want to achieve - where Companions is more in the sense of Friends than in the sense of allies.

I am the Shield for my Companions
Eager to give all (of me) for them
Bent not broken
Wounded not defeated
Unyielding for Eternity

I would be thankful for any suggestions to improve the translations, be it wording or grammar.

Kind Regards,

Anataron

Edit: Also, just for the sake of disclosure - I did post a similar question on the Q&A Board, but wanted to have the chance to discuss it a little more in depth, which isn't the purpose of the Q&A Board .. which is why I posted it here aswell. I do hope that isn't a problem. 

Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

Just to let people know, Anataron pm'ed me and I was able to help him.

by Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

Just to let people know, Anataron pm'ed me and I was able to help him.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.